Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468429 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #360 on: October 21, 2018, 07:05:55 PM »

Assuming civilians like Buffalos have the OP to afford the fighter wing, would it be better to use them instead of Enforcers if we rely mostly on Converted Hangar to do damage?  Civilians with Converted Hangar are not optimal, but they turn from useless in a fight to something mildly dangerous.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 21, 2018, 07:21:53 PM »

It's a possible option, yeah. Depending on the fighter chosen, you could even fit in "Militarized Subsystems" to make the civ ship cheaper to deploy and less of a drag on your fleet stats-wise.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 21, 2018, 09:01:15 PM »

I could think of all sorts of nasty Buffalo Mk.II builds with Militarized Subsystems and Converted Fighter Bays.  Mmm.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 21, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »

I could think of all sorts of nasty Buffalo Mk.II builds with Militarized Subsystems and Converted Fighter Bays.  Mmm.

I think they call that ship the Condor.

It's pretty good!

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2018, 11:50:14 PM »

one of the things i didnt even know i needed until i saw it in the notes.

Changed "primary role" strings for weapons to more accurately reflect their actual combat roles, e.g. instead of "Assault" or "Close Support", it's "Anti Armor" or "Anti Shield" or "Point Defense (Area)" etc

after i read the change i thought, you know that does make a lot of sense.

still cant wait till the next version releases. i want to get my grubby little hands all over it.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2018, 01:15:19 AM »

Especially looking forward to the Apogee changes.

(The "salvage expedition" starts you off with one! Of course, its weapon loadout is lacking, to put it mildly.)

\o/

Thank you! Really looking forward to that, (gritty) Enterprise roleplaying enabled!

I'm actually tempted to ask for a "hard" difficulty now, that keeps you in "single ship state" for a looong time:)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:25:00 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2018, 04:04:33 AM »

I'm excited for that start too. Echoing what was already said in this thread, exploring is also one of my favorite parts of the game and I hope to find all sort of new things with it.  ;D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »

I'm excited for that start too. Echoing what was already said in this thread, exploring is also one of my favorite parts of the game and I hope to find all sort of new things with it.  ;D
Ditto here! I don't do it very much anymore in .8 but when the release dropped it was a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to having so many new exploration things to do/find!

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2018, 08:27:54 AM »

Can we get a list of ships you start with if you pick the advanced starts (salvage expridition and merc force)
Any plans to add additional start scenarions in the future? Maybe faction oriented?

lapersonaoval

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »

are system requeriments modified by new release ? (i hope you all understand what i wanna mean, i'm still learning english and not sure if i write correctly)
thanks

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »

Every time Alex makes performance improvements he seems to eat them up by then turning around and upping the quality of the simulation—which ain't really a bad thing. So, requirements probably haven't changed by any appreciable amount.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2018, 10:03:33 AM »

Thank you! Really looking forward to that, (gritty) Enterprise roleplaying enabled!

It's not a single ship, right, but you could of course scuttle everything else :)

I'm actually tempted to ask for a "hard" difficulty now, that keeps you in "single ship state" for a looong time:)

A spacer. A Mercury-class shuttle. A crushing debt.

Ditto here! I don't do it very much anymore in .8 but when the release dropped it was a wonderful experience. I'm looking forward to having so many new exploration things to do/find!

Thank you :)

Can we get a list of ships you start with if you pick the advanced starts (salvage expridition and merc force)

Apogee/Condor/Wayfarer/Shepherd/Dram
Hammerhead/Drover/Centurion/Lasher/Dram

The idea is in both cases to have a fairly balanced force that's a bit of a better showcase for what the game is about, and is also configured to handle things that might be annoying if the player hasn't figured out how to deal with them.

Any plans to add additional start scenarions in the future? Maybe faction oriented?

Hmm, not particularly. I'll probably adjust the current set, too - this is all pretty fluid and I just want to see how it works out. As far as faction-oriented, I really think that's better off staying in-game rather than in the new game dialog. I'm also not sure just how much I want to expand "player relationship with faction" mechanics; I think macro-level Sector event type stuff may be a more interesting direction to go in general. Still, will see.

are system requeriments modified by new release ? (i hope you all understand what i wanna mean, i'm still learning english and not sure if i write correctly)
thanks

(Yep, no problems understanding!)

The requirements should be about the same. I think overall performance should be better - but, yes, as Dri said, certain fights are also more demanding (for example, Orbital Stations and lots of fighters). One thing that should be considerably better is memory use, though. The new economy is *much* lighter in many ways.

Embercloud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2018, 11:01:20 AM »

thanks

The game doesn’t really require a high end computer, in any case, and if your computer is struggling during large battles, a workaround could be to lower the possible deployment points. This would force less ships participating in the battle.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:10:06 AM by Embercloud »

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »

Lots of great stuff in the notes!!!  ;D

Only thing is my beloved aurora's nerfed!!!  :'(

Also logistics flag will ruin my power-gaming!!!  :'(  Is there a way to turn this off in setting.json???

Hope to see more hull-mods in the future.. There is a good number of ships / weapons now although some official dreadnaughts / more capitals would be nice!!  ;)

Not sure how many spaces for future skills will be left now / how many skills per tree will be in game after patch?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 22, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »

Weapons
  • Weapons that use ammo now retain their ammo count across multiple engagements
    • In other words, re-deploying a ship will not cause its weapons to be reloaded

Does Gryphon's missile autoforge recharge?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 87