Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468643 times)

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »

I might have missed some of this, but:

How will factions interact with colonies? I see we can build defensive fleets, but will hostile factions actually attack/invade the colony itself, and does this mean that such mechanics are coming to vanilla?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »

HAHAHHA, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GRADUATION AND END OF MY SCHOOL YEAR!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

After college I am HAPPILY going to be working on metelson's again for this update- and another TC mod of sorts -and I am so uristing, elf-bashing, cat-murderingly happy!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »

How will factions interact with colonies? I see we can build defensive fleets, but will hostile factions actually attack/invade the colony itself, and does this mean that such mechanics are coming to vanilla?

This kind of thing has to happen for defensive fleets to make sense, right? I'm not quite sure how much of it will make it into 0.9a; certainly enough for there to be a point to building a military base, orbital stations, and other defenses. But beyond that, into something like full-fledged invasion-type mechanics? Will have to see how the timing pans out.

basildazz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 03:42:11 PM »

I thought we may all be living in space by the time we got this far (or at least orbiting a blackhole), though honestly I hadn't expected quite so much (content) a decade ago when I stumped up my credits. Let's give it a whirl...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:46:53 PM by basildazz »

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 04:09:46 PM »

Cautious excitement!?!  :D Been checking the website for updates every other day recently.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »

I thought we may all be living in space by the time we got this far (or at least orbiting a blackhole), though honestly I hadn't expected quite so much (content) a decade ago when I stumped up my credits. Let's give it a whirl...

It's the in-dev patch notes, not quite an actual release yet! I wonder how I can make this more clear; seems like there's a bit of confusion about it every time.

Cautious excitement!?!  :D Been checking the website for updates every other day recently.

:)

basildazz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

"It's the in-dev patch notes, not quite an actual release yet! I wonder how I can make this more clear; seems like there's a bit of confusion about it every time."

Bastard

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 04:28:20 PM »

Yumm, those release notes have a lot of tasty items listed.

Not sure why I enjoy 2D top down, space games so much but I definitely do.

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »

Look what I found! Another amazing game by Alex :D :D :D
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 04:39:07 PM »

Nice stuff. Honestly I didn't expect to see a low-tech phase frigate, so that's cool. It's weird because no matter how much stuff there is to dig into in these patch notes, I'm always excited to look for unannounced new ships and weapons the most.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »

This is fairly inane (but I'd just like to know), for this little section.  The wording is a bit weird.

• Can now go over the maximum number of officers and administrators
    • Can't use the ones over maximum
Does that mean you're not allowed to use the specific officer that you found that put you over the limit?  Or does it just limit you to picking using only X number at the same time (meaning you can swap out an officer or administrator that you just found despite being over the limit).  Not being able to use that Level 15 Officer I just plucked out of a sleeper pod because it put me over the limit feels odd.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »

I love Starsector. And I love all this new content. Can't wait.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 04:52:13 PM »

Nice stuff. Honestly I didn't expect to see a low-tech phase frigate, so that's cool. It's weird because no matter how much stuff there is to dig into in these patch notes, I'm always excited to look for unannounced new ships and weapons the most.

I'm a fan of those too, it's really nice to just go back to the basics sometimes and put a new ship into the game.

Does that mean you're not allowed to use the specific officer that you found that put you over the limit?

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. If you have say 7 officers and your limit is 5, you can use the first 5. You can however dismiss ones you're not interested in until the ones you want to use are all under the limit.

It gets surprisingly annoying (especially on the UI side) and bug-prone to try to limit you to "X at a time". Didn't seem worth the time and trouble given that it's a fairly fringe use-case with already a clear way to do what you need to in both cases (i.e. dismiss officers/admins).

I love Starsector. And I love all this new content. Can't wait.

Thank you! And thank you to everyone else for their positive comments :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »

My F5 button thanks you for these notes
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »

Does that mean you're not allowed to use the specific officer that you found that put you over the limit?

Yeah, that's exactly how it works. If you have say 7 officers and your limit is 5, you can use the first 5. You can however dismiss ones you're not interested in until the ones you want to use are all under the limit.

It gets surprisingly annoying (especially on the UI side) and bug-prone to try to limit you to "X at a time". Didn't seem worth the time and trouble given that it's a fairly fringe use-case with already a clear way to do what you need to in both cases (i.e. dismiss officers/admins).
Oh, nice!  My initial assumption was an X-at-a-time limit, and that's actually kinda exploitable.  (Though, at the same time, would be nice to not need to fire-and-retrain officers if I swap an officered ship between carrier and non-carrier hulls...)  This, by contrast... well, if there's any way to really exploit it, I'm not seeing it.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 87