Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87

Author Topic: Starsector 0.9a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 468383 times)

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.9a (In-Dev) Patch Notes
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2018, 03:29:14 PM »

Alex, maybe you can tell how many time we need to wait? Two months with no big news, it is strange.
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »

I'll (hopefully) write a blog post in the near-ish future; just a stretch of time working on stuff that I don't want to write about because spoilers, but currently working on something I probably could write about once I wrap it up. Sorry about that!

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2018, 05:44:41 AM »

not going to lie i have been checking the site every day to every few days to see if there is a new blog post LOL. or if 0.9 has released. i stopped playing a little bit ago so not to burn out.. ever since i bought the game years ago now.. i have been waiting for the update that would contain outposts and colonizing.. and with how the game progresses every patch. i feel like its in a really good place for it to happen.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2018, 07:56:35 AM »

I've been here a long time, 7+ Years infact and i don't post much but I'm itching for a new release.
I check back every couple of days to see any announcement for a new update.

It's at the point where its too close to a new release to get heavily involved in a new campaign, but also seems too far away to not scratch the itch.

Just curious what the delay in release is?
Usually quite consistent Alex with a year-to-year major update.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2018, 09:16:51 AM »

I don't want to sound like some kinda weirdo, but you could always play the missions.  I mean, if you're into that kind of thing.

How dare you defile this holy place you sick freak... Get out of here or I'm calling the mods.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »

Just curious what the delay in release is?
Usually quite consistent Alex with a year-to-year major update.

It just boils down to there being more stuff in it, and all of the stuff needing the rest of the stuff to make sense gameplay-wise. Sort of like puzzle pieces that need to fit together and form at least a partial picture. Sorry about the delay, I wish I could make it sooner :)

Ehh, if it hadnta been for Alex taking his sweet time, I woulda never played (going down the list in alphabetical not chronological order) Caves of Qud, Celeste, Conquest of Elysium, Cuphead, Dead Cells, EDF 4.1, Enter The Gungeon, Fictorum, Hollow Knight, Immortal Redneck (heh they made a game about me), JYDGE, Monolith, Mothergunship, STALKER, Subnautica, The Forest, The Witness, or Wizard of Legend.

You're ... welcome?

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Umm yeah a little late for that
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2018, 02:17:26 PM »

It's at the point where its too close to a new release to get heavily involved in a new campaign, but also seems too far away to not scratch the itch.

I don't want to sound like some kinda weirdo, but you could always play the missions.  I mean, if you're into that kind of thing.

It wasn't so long ago that all you could play was missions.

Fake edit: I can actually remember remember playing those missions from my dorm room. I'm now a fairly experienced professional and in a few weeks will be teaching college students. I'm also a lot fatter :(

Real edit: I appear to have forgotten how to properly quote people in my old age.
Part #2: I've tried several permutations of Insert Quote now and am truly embarrassed for myself.
Part #3: fixed, wow.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 02:23:55 PM by BHunterSEAL »

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2018, 07:25:38 PM »

Oh man, I remember playing these missions in computer class in high school.

I am now a law student and might be a lawyer by the time 1.0 comes out...

This might be the game I have followed for the longest time...

I regret nothing
mmm.... tartiflette

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2018, 04:54:44 AM »

same here aha I remember being in my first year of Highschool and am now a professional performer traveling the world on Cruise ships, Lol 
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2018, 12:52:31 AM »

What will happen to 'Trading' as it exists in 0.8.1? Will there be a purpose for those Organics, Transplutonics, and Harvested Organs for sale on the markets since such activities are now in the strategic domain of colonies?

Could the player still have a direct hand in the economy; commanding a trade fleet on a faction's behalf and be the target of concerted pirate attacks?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Umm yeah a little late for that
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2018, 01:28:07 AM »

Ehh, if it hadnta been for Alex taking his sweet time, I woulda never played (going down the list in alphabetical not chronological order) Caves of Qud, Celeste, Conquest of Elysium, Cuphead, Dead Cells, EDF 4.1, Enter The Gungeon, Fictorum, Hollow Knight, Immortal Redneck (heh they made a game about me), JYDGE, Monolith, Mothergunship, STALKER, Subnautica, The Forest, The Witness, or Wizard of Legend.

You're ... welcome?

the real question is... what's gonna happen to Network once you release 0.9..? Do they drop dead, or do all games vanish everywhere? Do we... need to be stockpiling ???
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

lapersonaoval

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 29, 2018, 10:57:52 AM »

alex, please,
tell me cuando cuando cuando ???
i'm going mad waiting for the new release !!! time goes so slowly without 0.9a ...

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »

Can't speak for him but I'd say soon-ish like in a month or two. In case you aren't following him on twitter we had the last blog post two weeks ago about a major feature so now he's polishing UI and gameplay mechanics. After that it's just playtesting for a bit then we get 0.9. I understand it's hard to wait but the new version is very much worth it.
Please don't take me too seriously.

JJATH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »

October would be the best choice if the update is almost complete. If not the end of the year if it is that far away. September would be asking too much if it's nowhere near done.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2018, 05:06:06 PM »

So how does the Micro Burn system work?  Can the ship (Odyssey) move anywhere like jets, or does it move the Odyssey forward only like Burn Drive?

With the new burn, it looks like Odyssey can jump on a smaller ship and kill it before its friends can surround and cut-off the Odyssey's escape.  Not very useful for backpedaling (if Micro Burn can only move forward) while sniping capitals with lances, though.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 87