Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [0.95a] SAD: Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors  (Read 244345 times)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] SAD: Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2021, 09:03:51 AM »

Version 1.2:

Is this safe to update during a playthrough?

On a different note, there sure is a lot of these guys. They seem to spawn in more systems that the Remnant (or maybe all their spawns are just closer to the core) and they produce fleets like crazy.
I encountered them very early in a system close-by with a medium beacon. Obviously I had to retreat but the system contains two valuable worlds so I came back later. I fought my way through their fleets for ages, killed at least a dozen of their capitals and went from level 8 to 14 just getting to their mothership. Of course said mothership turned out to be basically invincible so that system is useless to me now.
If that's a medium beacon I don't even want to know what I would have to face in a high danger system.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2021, 10:34:30 PM »

Version 1.2:

Is this safe to update during a playthrough?

On a different note, there sure is a lot of these guys. They seem to spawn in more systems that the Remnant (or maybe all their spawns are just closer to the core) and they produce fleets like crazy.
I encountered them very early in a system close-by with a medium beacon. Obviously I had to retreat but the system contains two valuable worlds so I came back later. I fought my way through their fleets for ages, killed at least a dozen of their capitals and went from level 8 to 14 just getting to their mothership. Of course said mothership turned out to be basically invincible so that system is useless to me now.
If that's a medium beacon I don't even want to know what I would have to face in a high danger system.

Safe for update during a playthrough. They have less system than the remnant but they can spawn anywhere and are not related to the quality of the starsystem. Mothership has be greatly nerfed, i have beat the two versions of Mothership with just 4 capitals.
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

Hahaheho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2021, 01:16:32 PM »

When can we expect the last two motherships to shop up?

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2021, 03:45:19 PM »

I loved these modular ships and it would be great to bring massive reallocation of property in the Persian Sector on them.
It seems to me that they are very close in concept to Lainstate's modular juggernauts - and are well into 180-200 points.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2021, 08:51:06 AM »

What ? I do not understand.

I loved these modular ships and it would be great to bring massive reallocation of property in the Persian Sector on them.
It seems to me that they are very close in concept to Lainstate's modular juggernauts - and are well into 180-200 points.

That too.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2021, 01:51:43 PM »

Oh. Ok (

sorgklaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2021, 08:05:47 PM »

Thanks, the mothership feels like a much more balanced threat now. The only was I was able to kill it previously was by abusing some really broken EMP Artillery weapon from the hiigaran faction mod that disabled all its weapons through its shield, now I can take it on without cheesing it and it feels more in line with the tier 3 battlestations. Also the shield effect is very aesthetic.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2021, 12:35:32 PM »

Oh. Ok (
Wuh ? What ?

Thanks, the mothership feels like a much more balanced threat now. The only was I was able to kill it previously was by abusing some really broken EMP Artillery weapon from the hiigaran faction mod that disabled all its weapons through its shield, now I can take it on without cheesing it and it feels more in line with the tier 3 battlestations. Also the shield effect is very aesthetic.
Yeah, but the "poor" version seems to be more dangerous than the "proper" version and i will need to rebalance that. They can be always a big threat anyways.

Thank for the shield effect, do not seems to be problematic for the player eye too.

Gladiator Society

sorgklaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »

One thing that's really making me seethe is that ultra long range plasma burst the mothership fires the second your fleet spawns in, I've had it instantly take out a capital ship a few times now. I don't know what it is but it fires from offscreen and treats onslaught armor like it's aluminum foil.

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2021, 01:04:47 PM »

Adjusted Sector does not spawn any SAD systems, is there anything to be done to fix this?

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2021, 09:30:06 AM »

Adjusted Sector does not spawn any SAD systems, is there anything to be done to fix this?
Something Adjusted Sector need to be updated when the author will have time. The problem is not mine.

Edit: The problem is mine because i modified some id, but only Adjusted Sector can fix it.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:10:57 PM by Snrasha »

Gladiator Society

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2021, 02:49:55 AM »

Something Adjusted Sector need to be updated when the author will have time. The problem is not mine.

Edit: The problem is mine because i modified some id, but only Adjusted Sector can fix it.

It's all good, the Adjusted Sector author is looking into it. Thanks for a great mod.

snicka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2021, 03:32:38 AM »

The mod is great, i epsecially like the hubships functioning as research stations you have to fight against for blueprints.

Only thing i have gripes against is the HVB from this - a literall HORDE of wadjets is not something the initiall description prepares you to fight against, and the Sakura cruiser recieved as a reward seems underwhelming - yeah, it is supremely tanky, but lacks the weapon mounts / systems to actually do something fancy with that tankyness. At least in my experience.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2021, 02:08:48 AM »

The mod is great, i epsecially like the hubships functioning as research stations you have to fight against for blueprints.

Only thing i have gripes against is the HVB from this - a literall HORDE of wadjets is not something the initiall description prepares you to fight against, and the Sakura cruiser recieved as a reward seems underwhelming - yeah, it is supremely tanky, but lacks the weapon mounts / systems to actually do something fancy with that tankyness. At least in my experience.
Thank for the feedback, but have you tried to put full burst weapon on it ?

Gladiator Society

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2021, 03:26:06 PM »

Theae dropping blueprints was a good idea.
I Initally ignored them until i fought a mothership and it dropped a  lot of blueprints.

Also ships look beautiful and huge.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8