Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: More weapon groups and new firing mode  (Read 1535 times)

Berengal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
More weapon groups and new firing mode
« on: March 11, 2012, 04:02:36 AM »

When I get to the larger ships I often find myself wanting more weapon groups than just the four. Take the onslaught for example; it could easily use 6-7 different weapon groups (one for PD, one for the small/medium turrets, one for the large turrets, one for the large hardpoints, up to four different missile types). With only four groups you have to choose between flexibility (different kinds of weapons) and control (which weapons to use, flux management etc).

I'd also like to be able to set a weapon group to a third firing mode, "selected", which fires the weapons when you try to select the group (without actually switching weapon group selection). This is mainly for missiles, where you don't really have a need to have the group selected for some time, you just need to shoot something real quick before going back to your cannons.

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: More weapon groups and new firing mode
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:22:56 AM »

There is a thread with similar suggestions One Shot Button and More Weapons Group