Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.96a] LowTech Armada  (Read 289673 times)

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2021, 11:03:58 AM »

This is truely a successor to Underworld as the best pirate ship mod. You've done some damn fine work here.

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »

this has become a very difficult mod NOT to have installed cause me likes pirate variety and effectiveness

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2021, 08:44:47 AM »

So I thought the Colatlus wouldn’t be a threat until it managed to ram my Radiant with its shield down and literally halved its health(including shaving all related armour cells too)

Newfound respect

king406

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2021, 07:45:11 PM »

Hey Yui, great mod, love having the additional variety in enemy fleets and my own.
I recently updated to the latest version in my existing save, I believe I updated from Tournament Pre-Release 2, and when launching my existing save I get this error

Spoiler
149640 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [LTA_Adjudicator] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [LTA_Adjudicator] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:432)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:426)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:413)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I would've downgraded back to the previous release myself but I just emptied my recycling bin without even thinking. I'm wondering if this is a bug or due to some change made in the newest version. Any help you could give would be great. Thank you!

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2021, 01:07:22 PM »

Hey Yui, great mod, love having the additional variety in enemy fleets and my own.
I recently updated to the latest version in my existing save, I believe I updated from Tournament Pre-Release 2, and when launching my existing save I get this error

Spoiler
149640 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [LTA_Adjudicator] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [LTA_Adjudicator] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.M.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:432)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.verifyFactionData(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:426)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.onGameLoad(CoreLifecyclePluginImpl.java:413)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I would've downgraded back to the previous release myself but I just emptied my recycling bin without even thinking. I'm wondering if this is a bug or due to some change made in the newest version. Any help you could give would be great. Thank you!

Heya! The current tourney pre-release is not save compatible, sorry.

You don't need to worry too much though, so long as you are not using a mod with the id "LTA_Adjudicator" as well as this, you can just change the ID of the .ship and .variant files for the ship currently named "LTA_Moderator" to "LTA_Adjudicator" and so long as you rename all of them (including the IDs inside the files) it will work on your current save and you should see no issues.

It may take a while, but you can make LTA save compatible for the patch your save is from by doing that.

You'll find the files and IDs in:

LTA\data\hulls

LTA\data\variants

LTA\data\strings (For description ids)

LTA\data\world\factions\Hegemony (And \Independent)

For variant files you will need to swap all the LTA_Moderator variant beginnings with LTA_Adjudicator, what comes afterwards, eg: LTA_Moderator_Assault can stay.

If this is too much stuff you might want to stay on your current version or if you do update, start a new save. Sorry about that.

dedgroove

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2021, 06:09:57 PM »

Hello, I recently came across the Tech Duinn station in Hyperspace and decided to dock in it. I had this problem where it'd softlock my game when I choose the "visit bar" option.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280393012117241856/881343370885234699/Base_Profile_Screenshot_2021.08.28_-_18.44.56.28.png
I think I attached the image right, but basically it doesn't accept any input afterwards, effectively locking me on that screen. Nothing game breaking, I could simply not use the "visit bar" option, but I was wondering if anybody else had come across with something similar(?)
Also, whenever I enter the market, any stack/item my mouse hovers over gets instantly transferred to the other side, be it from the market or my storage. I've tried using Shift or Ctrl to counter it but to no avail. Doesn't happen when hovering over ships though. Only happens in the Tech Duinn market.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2021, 07:16:44 AM »

I've used this mod forever but just now realized you have a SHIP THAT RAMS THINGS YES.

GREAT AFFECT 12/10
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2021, 04:26:13 PM »

Hello, I recently came across the Tech Duinn station in Hyperspace and decided to dock in it. I had this problem where it'd softlock my game when I choose the "visit bar" option.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/280393012117241856/881343370885234699/Base_Profile_Screenshot_2021.08.28_-_18.44.56.28.png
I think I attached the image right, but basically it doesn't accept any input afterwards, effectively locking me on that screen. Nothing game breaking, I could simply not use the "visit bar" option, but I was wondering if anybody else had come across with something similar(?)
Also, whenever I enter the market, any stack/item my mouse hovers over gets instantly transferred to the other side, be it from the market or my storage. I've tried using Shift or Ctrl to counter it but to no avail. Doesn't happen when hovering over ships though. Only happens in the Tech Duinn market.

Oh yes this happened to me too

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2021, 11:39:32 PM »

The Wight cruiser is a prize worth the wait...it shreds targets and takes a beating.  My first introduction was being directly in front of it when it was zero-flux...one lunge later and it's in my face and not leaving until my ship exploded. 

Recovered it and gave it to a high level AI pilot...who rarely loses the ship even when pushed into a bad position and outnumbered.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2021, 12:36:12 AM »

Oh yes, I remember when a Wight rammed by flagship and absolutely stomped its health before being shredded to pieces by my other ships

LeNainBerb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2021, 07:21:00 AM »

hey i play at starsector version 0.9.1.a because lot of my favorite mod is not update to the lasted version but when i put your mode the game crach with a error :"Fatal: Ship hull spec [champion] not found!" where i can take old version of the mod or how i can fixe this errors ^^ thx i really like your mod but i've play in 2019 ^^

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2021, 08:10:45 AM »

This mod throws a bunch of interesting ships into the pirate lineup. The "did that scrapheap frigate just AM blaster me in the side?!" kind of interesting.

The spicy ships are visually distinct and appropriately scary-looking though, so it's fun not frustrating. 10/10, it and Underworld are now headcannon.

Souvenir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2021, 03:45:55 PM »

Just got started with this mod for some better pirates, and I really like the hull variety, as well as some of the more... creative missile mounts. Nothing better winning a challenging battle using salvaged, barely operational, rustbuckets!

I noticed that E-XI Lamprey's elite variant has a problem with aiming the tactical laser - the current autopilot just never rotates quite into range of the hardpoint's arc, even though it can do so. This results in the tactical laser almost never firing. Tests can be done in combat simulator vs hound or some other small ship. Changing the hardpoint direction from 90 to 75 just barely allows the tactical laser to fire, given the ship rotation that the autopilot prefers. Alternatively, making it a turret with 60 arc might work, and make it look more like a broadside gun. I'm not sure how this affects other variants, but it's definitely not the first time autopilot is doing silly things.

Edit: Never mind. No matter how I change the hardpoint arc/direction or add extended shields or swap hvd for a lower range gun, autopilot rotates the ship so that the enemy is JUST outside of the tactical laser's arc. Unless it has something close to 180 arc. I'm guessing it just doesn't like broadsiding with lasers, which would be unfortunate.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:07:52 PM by Souvenir »

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2021, 01:09:51 PM »

Not sure if its intended but the Tappah Drone Superiority Bomber's hammer torpedos have a 45sec reload, causing it to start manfighting stuff with it's vulcan cannon because the hammers are taking forever to reload after the initial attack run

Valikdu

• Lieutenant
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2021, 09:49:52 AM »

I love everything about the Consigliere BC, but perhaps it should be larger visually? It kinda looks smaller than some cruisers.
My Dwarf Fortress Mod: DESOLATION 1.5
My Channel: V. S. Cosplay
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10