Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.96a] LowTech Armada  (Read 289511 times)

Sterdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] LowTech Armada
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

So i have find out what the problem is, LTA doesn't compatible with Colatlus (Discord Mod, Colossus and Atlas Combine also made by Yui), probably ID Collision.

I can confirm this, I just tried to put CHeese in the mod folder with LTA and LTA didn't show up.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2020, 05:15:30 AM »

A great update, which has more content than the last one! However...
The Scourer (XIV), despite being a XIV ship its tech is "Low Tech" instead of the unique "XIV Battlegroup". Its also tagged as "lowtech_bp" instead of "XIV_bp" making it available to the Luddic Church,Persean League,Independents(Scavengers) and the Sindrian Diktat. Also, one of its variants are named "Elite" and the cruiser it self is designated as an "Elite Cruiser" sometimes making it into "Elite Elite Cruiser". The descriptions say that it is supposed to be a "Super Heavy Cruiser" so why not make it that?

I'll get on that with the Sunday hotfix :)

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2020, 05:21:21 AM »

It seems like the overwhelming majority of ships in your mod don't have codex entries. Is that intentional?

All of the Epattcud ships share the same codex entry right now, regardless of their size or weapon layout.

Most ships should actually have codex entries, but many are hidden from the player if you search them as they are not in the independent public database in the lore. If you find any I missed that say "There's no description, yet..." feel free to send a reply on here.

In terms of hegemony ships, there aren't that many yet as I need to plan out the content for filling other holes in their lore.

Edit: If you want to see hidden codex entries, try recovering one of the ships you want to see the entry for. It should have one :).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 05:23:36 AM by YuiTheModder »

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2020, 05:27:06 AM »

So i have find out what the problem is, LTA doesn't compatible with Colatlus (Discord Mod, Colossus and Atlas Combine also made by Yui), probably ID Collision.

I can confirm this, I just tried to put CHeese in the mod folder with LTA and LTA didn't show up.

So in regards to the mod conflicts, i'm planning on adding the Colatlus to the Lowtech armada mod as an elite pirate vessel, pending community approval.

The image files are already in the LTA mod, but if you remove them it should run fine alongside the Colatlus mod. Sorry about the conflict.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2020, 10:11:27 AM »

Don't worry Yuri! Keep your good work! Thanks for amazing mod, now i can start my pirate capitalism  8)
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »

I just fixed the spawn issues with Epattcud ships, download 0.4.1b for the hotfix.

Sorry for the trouble.

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2020, 05:26:51 AM »

Really like the Epattcud X! But is there any way to make it not too strange, when I put the front shield generator on those hull modules? For example, let the left and right EngineModule shields face outward and disable the omni shield generator, just like the Cathedral from SWP.
Thanks and keep your good work!

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 03:01:19 AM »

Really like the Epattcud X! But is there any way to make it not too strange, when I put the front shield generator on those hull modules? For example, let the left and right EngineModule shields face outward and disable the omni shield generator, just like the Cathedral from SWP.
Maybe because the ship not intended to use those Hullmods? Maybe Yui try to avoid cheese mechanic like you know, Cathedral-class can benefit so much from Makeshift Shield in each module because zero-flux bonus and all that.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 05:02:05 AM »

I'm going to be rotating both sprites 90 degrees and redoing the whole thing for the next subpatch, but its a lot for me to do. The end result will likely see them having either a sideways or backwards shield arc.

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 05:18:39 AM »

Maybe because the ship not intended to use those Hullmods? Maybe Yui try to avoid cheese mechanic like you know, Cathedral-class can benefit so much from Makeshift Shield in each module because zero-flux bonus and all that.

Thanks for the reply! I think that is actually acceptable, since the not-so-clever-AI always keeps the double shield and its hard Flux :D

I'm going to be rotating both sprites 90 degrees and redoing the whole thing for the next subpatch, but its a lot for me to do. The end result will likely see them having either a sideways or backwards shield arc.

Thanks a lot! and please don't forget to adjust the size of the main shield, currently it cannot cover the sub shield. Looking forward to the update!

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2020, 08:58:20 AM »

By the way, what do you think of the converted hangar on the hull module? Especially TSC's hullmod, which allows EpattcudX to have a total of 11 hangars.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »

By the way, what do you think of the converted hangar on the hull module? Especially TSC's hullmod, which allows EpattcudX to have a total of 11 hangars.

TSC has a hullmod that adds more than one deck per converted hangar?

I designed the ship so you could put converted hangar on every module and turn it into more of a carrier.

OP is kind of tight on the combat and missile modules if you want the most effective loadouts for them so i feel super comfy with Converted Hangar.

However I do not feel comfy with it letting another vanilla balanced mod (I assume?) add that many decks to the ship.

I'll think about making a mod exception and disallowing that hullmod in a future patch. However Converted hangar (Unless I change my mind in a big way) will always be usable with the EpattcudX, I even put a little shuttle deck on the combat module for it ;-;

A.z.s

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2020, 12:43:57 AM »

yes TSC is a vanilla balanced mod I think, except its converted hangar, which adds three decks to battleships, two to cruisers and one to destroyers, a large number of low OP fighters can be equipped. Vanilla converted hangar won't have any problem.

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2020, 02:13:47 AM »

yes TSC is a vanilla balanced mod I think, except its converted hangar, which adds three decks to battleships, two to cruisers and one to destroyers, a large number of low OP fighters can be equipped. Vanilla converted hangar won't have any problem.

I believe I have fixed this in the most recent patch, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2020, 12:07:46 PM »

The new station with unique music is cool and all but according to the Nexerelin thread hyperspace stations cause massive slowdowns.
I suggest doing what Nexerelin did to Prism Freeport.

Also, you forgot to include the JAR file.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 12:31:43 PM by mora »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10