Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.97a-RC11] Domain Phase Lab  (Read 11032 times)

BrokenMirror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a-RC11] Domain Phase Lab
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2024, 10:17:50 PM »

What happens if this is added midgame, does it work orrrr?
Making the Sector better through excessive amounts of farms.

VladimirVV

• Lieutenant
  • Captain Vladimir Reporting In!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2024, 07:35:25 PM »

Greetings,
May I wonder if there are any plans for some sort of small probing vessels? For a faction related to research, the lack of some sort of explorator - either militarized or a "civilian" is kinda dissapointing. Some sort of neat, specialized "mobile lab" style ship could be a nice addition for explorators and\or as a thematic support vessel.
Regardless, thanks for the mod! Haven't yet jumped into its story, but the fact that it is something more than just a shippack+planet is already a Thumbs Up in my book

Hi! I agree with you that probably it’s good if we could have some more exploration experiences. The problem is that the starsector game in general is in lack of a good research system, and somehow I need to implement it myself. Originally I was thinking that it could be done through adding some special data collection type quests, but it turns out to be too tedious and not exciting. Then I thought it could be nice to add some omega-equivalent weapons that you can somehow unlock, but then I found that those stuffs are simply too OP if they are spammed, so I ended up making them special rewards for completing story quests and strictly limit their numbers.

So far my idea is that, I’ll add some more interesting ships and weapons (mostly weapons, I’m running out of good ideas about making fun ships so far. All suggestions are welcomed and appreciated) as research rewards, you can unlock them for the Phase Lab by flying around and collecting data. Then, once they are unlocked, you can ask Eliza to produce them for you. I plan to give it 5 or 6 weapons, and those will not be too powerful. (i.e. they will not be somehow more powerful than the weapons that you can get otherwise, but they will come with more interesting properties and usages.)

For the exploratory fleets, that’s a good suggestion! I didn’t think about it, but definitely I can add them, and they do make the game more fun. I just need to think of a way to actually make this work.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:41:19 PM by VladimirVV »
Greetings from the P-Space! --Captain Vladimir

VladimirVV

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2024, 07:38:12 PM »

What happens if this is added midgame, does it work orrrr?

Then you will not see the DPL proving ground system, and you would not be able to enjoy the full experience of this mod. You can use the console command to spawn some ships and weapons though.

uhbyr1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2024, 09:04:57 PM »

Vanilla Starsector - you are correct about progression. Modiverse - hit Kaysaar with his Ashes of the Domain. It is specifically meant to enrich this particular side of game, and he made the stuff modular and compatible for others to integrate, Few do though... But it may be perfect for your mod in terms of potential. Industries, items, rare stuff and unique researchers, full fledged tech tree, colony mechanics, a working event system... Many things. DM him via Discord or even PM on forum. Plus, if he is up to the idea, feel free to DM me via Discord as well - I may help you with getting grips on what mod already presents (outside of coding, not my alley unfortinately) while not taking too much of Kaysaar's time (I was helping with AotD in terms of "pipelining" stuff during VOK 1.0 + actively tested early versions back in the day\use it so I do know what to expect of it after the full year)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 09:52:49 AM by uhbyr1 »

VladimirVV

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2024, 04:03:52 PM »

Vanilla Starsector - you are correct about progression. Modiverse - hit Kaysaar with his Ashes of the Domain. It is specifically meant to enrich this particular side of game, and he made the stuff modular and compatible for others to integrate, Few do though... But it may be perfect for your mod in terms of potential. Industries, items, rare stuff and unique researchers, full fledged tech tree, colony mechanics, a working event system... Many things. DM him via Discord or even PM on forum. Plus, if he is up to the idea, feel free to DM me via Discord as well - I may help you with getting grips on what mod already presents (outside of coding, not my alley unfortinately) while not taking too much of Kaysaar's time (I was helping with AotD in terms of "pipelining" stuff during VOK 1.0 + actively tested early versions back in the day\use it so I do know what to expect of it after the full year)

Thank you for your suggestions! I tried to contact Kaysaar when I saw the mod ‘Exotica Technology’, I like his ideas. But I’m still waiting for response. If you are interested, I’m always happy and open to possibilities for such cooperations. For the coding, it’s not a big problem for me, I can do the implementations. What is hard for me is the ideas about non-combat parts, or the ‘pipeline works’. Please feel free to PM me if you have some interesting ideas or any suggestions. All shared ideas will be specially appreciated (at least I’ll record it in the appreciation section of the mod’s intro, and if your make a lot of suggestions, I’ll recognize you as the co-author of the mod!). I’ll be happy to discuss with you about them, and make implementations.

uhbyr1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2024, 04:52:38 PM »

Thank you for your suggestions! I tried to contact Kaysaar when I saw the mod ‘Exotica Technology’, I like his ideas. But I’m still waiting for response. If you are interested, I’m always happy and open to possibilities for such cooperations. For the coding, it’s not a big problem for me, I can do the implementations. What is hard for me is the ideas about non-combat parts, or the ‘pipeline works’. Please feel free to PM me if you have some interesting ideas or any suggestions. All shared ideas will be specially appreciated (at least I’ll record it in the appreciation section of the mod’s intro, and if your make a lot of suggestions, I’ll recognize you as the co-author of the mod!). I’ll be happy to discuss with you about them, and make implementations.

Would you happen to have Discord? I find it a faster way to communicate, even if via text. If you do, please contact me there\add me to the friends - I have the same discord name, as here - uhbyr1. I'll write you the list of ideas there...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]