Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I hit the motherload (Babylon 5)  (Read 4377 times)

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
I hit the motherload (Babylon 5)
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:24:23 AM »

Came across this site, http://www.shipschematics.net/b5/ and it has some great images for babylon 5 ships. Going to try to contact the guy and see if his work is free to use

Also, I'm wondering if weapons could be hidden or shrunk. They would stand out too much on these designs i think.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: I hit the motherload (Babylon 5)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »

Yeah they would standout a bit too much, but a mod based on this would be awesome... Would you do away with shield for eathforce ships? I suppose technically no one has shields in B5, but the Mimbari, Vorlon and Shadows can "absorb" damage to a extent...

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:38:38 AM »

That is totally amazing, and it will be super easy to make all the ships from those sprites! I wish I could find the same for star wars!

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »

Bah! no shields just armor, advanced races just have more armor.

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:32 PM »

Unfortunately I won't have the time to make a full mod myself, but babylon 5 would be amazing for this game engine. Babylon 5 was my favorite sci fi show of all time and the races and ships battles were so epic.Lasers cutting ships in half. Seeing a minbari Sharlin cruiser for the first time. :o . I have a lot of the materials to make a full fledged mod though I only lack the time. I have the weapon sounds that would only need batch converted to work and they are pretty high quality. These ship sprites are pretty good, I only wish I knew how to convert 3d models into 2d and keep the texture. I'm more of a spreadsheet/text file modder than a graphics modder.

If anyone would like to start work on a mod I would help out where I can though. I'll try to put up the resources I have onto a filesharer.

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 12:48:22 AM »

Unfortunately I won't have the time to make a full mod myself, but babylon 5 would be amazing for this game engine. Babylon 5 was my favorite sci fi show of all time and the races and ships battles were so epic.Lasers cutting ships in half. Seeing a minbari Sharlin cruiser for the first time. :o . I have a lot of the materials to make a full fledged mod though I only lack the time. I have the weapon sounds that would only need batch converted to work and they are pretty high quality. These ship sprites are pretty good, I only wish I knew how to convert 3d models into 2d and keep the texture. I'm more of a spreadsheet/text file modder than a graphics modder.

If anyone would like to start work on a mod I would help out where I can though. I'll try to put up the resources I have onto a filesharer.
Similar to work I am doing on star wars mod, if you do weapons I'll do the ships, although I don't know nearly as much about babylon 5 as I do about star wars.

edit: well I found a tech manual, tell me which weapons you are going to do first and I'll do ships for those.

edit2: Actually now I'm busy working on the next release for star wars, but maybe sometime next week I can hammer these out.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 01:26:17 AM by washout »

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 01:35:11 AM »

edit2: Actually now I'm busy working on the next release for star wars, but maybe sometime next week I can hammer these out.
[/quote]

Yea that sounds good. I had a mod for space pirates and zombies planned but months later and still no mod tools. I prefer starfarer's engine in general though, the battles are way more epic and the campaign mode is much more suited to a galactic war.