Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is the Conquest-class battleship in the campaign?  (Read 2567 times)

Squigzilla

• Commander
  • SQUIG Industries
    • View Profile
Is the Conquest-class battleship in the campaign?
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:49:34 AM »

The Conquest is my favorite capital ship by far -- I love ripping enemies apart with those broadside cannons, and the torpedo launchers on the prow are just devastating.  I've been looking for one in the campaign to serve as my flagship, but it just doesn't seem to exist in that game mode.  The Hegemony doesn't use them in their system defense fleets, the mercenaries don't have anything bigger than the Eagle or Venture cruisers, and I've only seen Onslaughts and Atlas freighters in the capital ship section of the store.  Am I missing something, or are there no Conquests flying around the Corvus system?  Up to this point, I've seen all the other ships from the challenge missions somewhere in the campaign (except the Omen-class, but I can't say I miss the poor little bullet magnet very much), plus some brand-new craft like the shuttle, so it puzzles me that such a massive battleship would get left out.
High Admiral Davian MacNaile of the SQUIG Industries Human Resources Motivational Flotilla

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Conquest-class battleship in the campaign?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:50:50 AM »

I've seen it once.

Out of 20+ campaign plays :'(

MidnightSun

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:45 AM »

In my (unmodded) Stafarer campaign, I have 3 Conquests sitting in the capital ships section of the orbital station. So, they do appear, although it is random.

Icelom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:06:35 AM »

I have seen 1, i captured it was in a merc fleet dont know if that was from a mod or from the core. Was a lucky ass capture.