Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Suggestion for the upcoming systems  (Read 858 times)

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
Suggestion for the upcoming systems
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »

I know , I know their not out yet..... but I cannot help myself.

1. About the quality option, idk yet just how much each tier effects speed of production, however in my head every point of quality decreases construction speed by 10% (seemed reasonable to me). I then got to thinking, wouldn’t it be best to set it in the middle or at 4 quality and never use 5 quality? That way you get a pretty good chance of no D-mods while at the same time getting nice production.... I imagine that will be the “meta”. To combat this I had an idea that involves a new ship hullmod that only gets added during production (or perhaps a group of hullmods), I call them U-mods (ultra mods). Now there are 2 sub ideas to this that I would like to go over

1a. A single U-mod that adds 10% to just about every star on the ship, including OP.

1b. A bunch of small U-moss like: increased flux efficiency, sturdy shields, high tech engines, etc.

Now the idea is this: when you produce a ship there is a very small chance it can roll a U-mod, these make the ship stronger in some ways than others, they make the ships stronger then their standard variant and should be prized above all else. Now what about chance? Well I was thinking st max quality it should be “drum roll please”..... 1/20,000 ships! Why so low? Well that’s for the big one, if it’s the smaller ones then 1/2,000 would do I think. For every point moved away from quality and more towards quality it halved the chance of getting a U-mod, (so at 4 quality, you have 1/40,000 or 1/4,000). I think this would give a nice cool incentive to do quality over quantity. Also would be nice to see an occasional AI ship with it, and then try and cap it lol.

Another point is, if you do plan to add that, please make a toggle where we can put the U-mod ships in player storage :D I want them for me.

2. A create patrol button/add ships to stockpile. So one of the cool features of SS is going into battle and salvaging a ship, only problem is who needs 15 D-mod wolfs? Enter the thing that this suggestion is! When you go to your planets you can access that planets patrol stockpile, you can add ships from your fleet to it so they can be added to a patrol, this way in early game the players faction may be a bunch of D-modded crap boats, but over time as they get the ability to produce ships, they can upgrade to pirate stuff then later other things like whatever they want! I think it would add a cool reason to grab ships after battles.

3. I was thinking about officers and fleets, this is just an interesting double suggestion but, would be cool:

3a. Rename officers in game, make it optional for those who want to keep their officers “lore friendly” (how about the ability to change their portraits too? That way you tubers can create cool custom officers!).

3b. Add officers to fleet pool to command fleets? I imagine it’s not a possible thing, would be cool however.

Closing: again I haven’t seen the new features yet, just figure I’d get them out of the way now and save you guys from be rambling later.... thanks for reading!