Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Proportional forces tooltip  (Read 2208 times)

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
Proportional forces tooltip
« on: February 02, 2018, 11:31:49 PM »

So I was just informed on the starsector discord that there is a system in place that reduces your supply cost of deploying in battle if you deploy less than the enemy. No one seemed to know exactly how it worked so I was wondering if on the deploy ships screen we could see a bar or tooltip that explains how much of the bonus we are getting? Idk if it's really a top priority but, would be nice to know when you get the bonuses rather than guessing.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Proportional forces tooltip
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »

That's not a thing. Possibly they were just trying to say that deploying less costs less supplies because, well, you're deploying less things?

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:12 AM »

Or perhaps I misunderstood. Though that is what it sounded like. Thanks Alex for the quick reply

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »

He may have forgot he had the instant-repair skills.  If you stack the officer version on the fleet version the effects are dramatic.  (Not so dramatic that it's worth doing on an Onslaught, but once you've locked-in the range boosts it works great on cruisers and frigates).

There's also "not doing much so CR doesn't go down", but that cuts in more with a slight force excess which isn't the situation here.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »

They might have been thinking about a previous versions' stand down choice in the combat dialogue that would allow you to recover much of the spent CR deploying. However, I don't know if it is still in .81 or not (I don't think it is due to our resident Muchkin)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 12:22:07 PM »

Standing down is still present, but it is automatic, and the way its done was changed (forgot exact details).  In practice, you almost never see it anymore unless something silly happens like one side deploys ships but the other side does not and calls a full retreat to end battle (hoping to cheese the other side to lose by CR loss from deployment).

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »

That's not a thing. Possibly they were just trying to say that deploying less costs less supplies because, well, you're deploying less things?

I think he was trying to say that the deployment limit changes based on the relative size of the fleets.

So if your fleet has a total deployment size of 800 and the enemy has a total deployment size of 400 the cap would be 333 for you, 166 for them = 500 total.