Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49

Author Topic: [0.97a] Mayasuran Navy 11.0.0 RC1  (Read 698100 times)

Chaos_admiral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Mayasuran Navy 9.0.0
« Reply #600 on: March 18, 2023, 03:04:58 PM »

I still get the null error when making the skysplitter (M) even with mayasuran mod having the latest patch and the only mod with nexerlin but it only happens when the ship has d mods i didn't get a crash when I used console commands to add a pristine nano forge to my colony below it the error in log file let me know if there is anything wrong on my end also love the new super ship:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.hullmods.MSS_SkysplitterM_system.applyEffectsBeforeShipCreation(MSS_SkysplitterM_system.java:60)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs._.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.M.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.Oo0o.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.FleetMemberView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.G.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.publicsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.X.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OO0O.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.do.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Knight Chase

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [0.95.1a] Mayasuran Navy 9.0.0 RC2
« Reply #601 on: March 19, 2023, 02:37:30 AM »

I HAVE FINALLY FIXED THE SKYSPLITTER (M) BUG, REJOICE

https://github.com/KnightShii/Starsector/raw/master/Mayasuran%20Navy%209.0.0%20RC2.7z

9.0.0 RC2
-FIXED SKYSPLITTER (M) BUG FINALLY
Okay so if you get a D-modded Skysplitter, it will lack the swap hullmod for the system. However, if you restore the Skysplitter, you will gain access to the base Skysplitter hull and be able to swap systems again. I hope this fixes it for those that have problems!
-Adjusted volume for Mark VII cannons to 25%
I've noticed it was a bit loud! I have turned it down, haha.

Spoiler

[close]
I run a mostly variety stream at
https://www.twitch.tv/knightchasevr
Hope to see you there sometime!
Follow my twitter at https://twitter.com/PanzerCrusader for mod updates. AND JOIN THE #1 GAMER DISCORD AT
http://discord.gg/TfnmXCxJuQ

Marodeur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 19, 2023, 07:07:19 AM »

Thx for volume fix. Tried the new ship yesterday night and nearly got a heart attack  ;D ;D

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 19, 2023, 09:32:18 AM »

I've enjoyed this mod for a number of years, and I'm happy to see it's progress each time I come back to the game. However, I've noticed some vanilla-unfriendly portraits got snuck in, and I don't see it documented on the forum page (unless I missed it?) or a config option to disable these anime profile pictures.

I originally picked this mod, many years ago at this point, because it was one of the few faction mods that was vanilla-inspired. These portraits aren't really what I was expecting to be added without a notice.

Would it be too much to ask for a config option or an upfront notice about anime portraits being included?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2023, 10:25:56 AM »

However, I've noticed some vanilla-unfriendly portraits got snuck in, and I don't see it documented on the forum page (unless I missed it?)

Uhm... they're right on the front page? I believe they're only really used as player portraits anyway. all else fails, you should be able to simply delete the portraits from the files.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2023, 12:30:40 PM »

However, I've noticed some vanilla-unfriendly portraits got snuck in, and I don't see it documented on the forum page (unless I missed it?)

Uhm... they're right on the front page? I believe they're only really used as player portraits anyway. all else fails, you should be able to simply delete the portraits from the files.

The inclusion of anime art on the front page is not the same as adding it to the list of features on the front page. "Mayasuran Anime Portraits, available to player and Mayasuran Officers" would be more reflective of what to expect in the new updates.

I've been enjoying the mod for years, my first comment is a handful of months after it was released. I'm just asking for it to be listed in the features and have a config, especially for those of us returning to the mod once the new game update drops.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2023, 12:49:00 PM »

The inclusion of anime art on the front page is not the same as adding it to the list of features on the front page.

Respectfully, it pretty much does. The front page of the mod will set expectations, if you see anime stuff there, you should expect anime stuff in the mod.
But yes, i will agree it should be noted and added as a config setting. Iron Shell does has a similar problem.

IAmLegion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2023, 01:29:53 PM »

Stop guilt tripping the mod author about a few anime pictures.  You have the power at your fingertips. Starsector\mods\Mayasuran Navy\.

The author is under no obligation to make allowances for people who complain on the forum instead of clicking 20 times and solving their problem.  This is a free product made out of the authors creativity and time investment.

Takeru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2023, 02:02:40 PM »

The Aznable fighter feels really OP, they might not deal as much initial damage up front like bombers but Aznables have such a powerful armament that can't be shot down like a missiles and they're durable and fast enough to deal great damage before they die. If the enemy ship doesn't have any omni shield, the Aznable can do quite a number on their engine as well since they will float around firing their weapons. Most fighters that could deal some damage to ships used a much weaker weapon such as Light Mortars and are often slow. After the 9.0.0 patch, they even gained the Triple Beam Cannon to deal more damage, the Assault Chaingun means they could already do good damage to any ship without omni shields.

I did several solo fight test in the Simulation with no Character Fleetwide Skills, Officers or built in hullmods of a Heron with 3 Aznable Fighters vs an Eagle, Dominator and Onslaught. The Aznable absolutely dumpstered the Eagle and Dominator. The Onslaught didn't die or take heavy damage instantly but the Aznables still managed to deal decent damage and I think the Heron might eventually be able to kill it with enough time. While a solo battle in the Simulation is not a completely accurate test of a real battle since there likely won't be only one ship, it kinda goes the other way too since it means in a real battle you could multiple carrier spam with full Aznable fighters. I think its kinda showing something is way too overtuned with the Aznable fighter. Maybe reduce its speed greatly so its more in tune with other Heavy Fighters that are slow so easy to shoot down or change its weapon completely since other Heavy fighters capable of some damage to larger ships usually use a weaker weapon such as Light Mortars.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 02:49:21 PM by Takeru »

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2023, 02:07:10 PM »

ignore the people putting down the anime stuff, do what you want it's your mod. You are under no obligation to cave into people's demands here.

TandemCharge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 22, 2023, 10:53:13 PM »

Vishnu my new dearly beloved ship. Guns on it slaps harder than my dad's belt. Ignore the people ranting about the anime, they're just cowards ;D

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 23, 2023, 04:28:29 AM »

Alright well at this point i think we've got more people complaining about people complaining about weebery, than people complaining about the weebery XD

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 23, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »

The weebery on the front page now makes me confused. I was genuinely thinking I'd see something like Iron Shell or UAF with customized characters you'd talk to and develop relationships with/contacts. But that's not the case. Future plans maybe?

As a small aside, it'd be cool if you had the option (maybe a market setting? Iunno) to swap music. I find their enemy music so amazing, and while the good terms music is good, it doesn't get your blood pumping for beating up the Hedge quite as well.

As an aside, I wish I could rip Iron Shell away from Hedge alliance. Mayonaisse, Gestalt Decivilized, and Iron Bucketz would make a great group. I'd invite Anime Space Pilots, but they're overpowered.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 25, 2023, 06:09:28 AM »

I've had the strangest bug with trying to build a vishnu. I managed to get a blueprint for it and set it to build, but after many many months seeing it still eating 175k worth of construction i realized it was ever finishing. I just watched the "effort put into uncompleted projects" go from about 850,000/900,000 to 175,000/900,000...
I dont even know where i would go to report this, is this a problem with the ship, or is it a problem with high ticket ships!?

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 27, 2023, 06:42:35 PM »

Some bugs that I encountered while playing this awesome mod of yours!

In the custom production page there is a Sarissa and Sarissophoroi which are the same ships.

Also in the custom production page the Iapetus Supertanker a ship from PAGSM is labeled as Mayasuran.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49