Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49

Author Topic: [0.97a] Mayasuran Navy 11.0.0 RC1  (Read 697965 times)

Egren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Mayasuran Navy 8.3.8 RC2
« Reply #555 on: September 06, 2022, 10:12:54 AM »

Is 8.3.8 RC2 save compatible with 8.3.7? A short clarification regarding save compatibility in the OP would probably be appreciated by many.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this mod so far!

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 07, 2022, 07:56:51 PM »

I really liked the two medium missile slots on the Skysplitter. But I can see how the lack of aircraft goes against the battlecarrier doctrine the faction follows.

datamancer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 20, 2022, 03:05:42 PM »

Is 8.3.8 RC2 save compatible with 8.3.7? A short clarification regarding save compatibility in the OP would probably be appreciated by many.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this mod so far!

You should be careful if you have one of the old Skysplitters built. I had two of them in my fleet stash of my homeworld and had to do some save file editing in order to recover the save. It wasn't too bad, thankfully, because I'm comfortable with XML and knew in general what I was looking for, but it's not strictly save-compatible due to the changes made in that hull.

Havoc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 29, 2022, 12:28:00 AM »

hi, something is broken in the actual build

[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/mayasura/ships/MSS_SuperDes.png] resource, not found in [/home/notevil/Games/starsector/./mods

the MSS_SuperDes.png  does exist

8.3.7 works :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 12:37:00 AM by Havoc »

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 03, 2022, 07:57:56 AM »

[...] the MSS_SuperDes.png  does exist [...]
Under linux ? It is the usual case sensitive error tests under windows does not detect.
On previous page, similar problems were described.
Rename mayasura/ships/MSS_Superdes.png in mayasura/ships/MSS_SuperDes.png
Tested, and works after rename.

By the way, great mod !

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 14, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »

I like this modification. The ships correspond to the general style of the ships from the base game and therefore they do not cause rejection. Very beautiful work.

But with every game I have the same problem with this modification, not an error, but a problem.

Playing with nexerelin, the Mayasura fraction is destroyed literally in the first cycle by the combined forces of hegemony and the iron shell. The faction has only one planet at its disposal and cannot produce a huge number of patrol fleets. I understand that it is impossible to make this faction an equal player in this alliance. Maybe the faction will have a predisposition to ally with strong factions in order to survive? Or a completely ugly suggestion on my part - is it possible to use this modification only as a set of ships and weapons, without introducing an additional faction into the game?

Trawn91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 25, 2022, 01:56:21 AM »

Hi guys. First of all, great mod. I like the visual compliance with vanilla ships the most. I am especially fan of Javanicus and Arjuna (their visuals). Hence the question: How do you guys go about equipping Javanicus? I was so hyped when I got my hand on it and now I cant make it work. First problem is that it is broadsider. Meaning only half of her guns will ever fire. Worse, if you broadside, you cant finish your target with missile slots (which are fixed forwards) and if I am facing forwards to use those torps and 2 large ballistic slots, I have no PDs (in those small slats facing sidewards). Really awkward layout. I might try looking of rthe SF variant since the corvette squad is also meh, 3 fighter squads can do more for sure (at least you can equip torp bombers and then go full kinetic with the ship.
Thanks for suggestions

raptormother

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 25, 2022, 06:14:39 AM »

The Javanicus isn't that different in concept from a Conquest. Choose which side you want to broadside with, put mostly cheap/PD weapons on the other side, and put either tracking missiles on the front, or expend all ammunition of your front torpedoes before you get into broadside range

Instead, I wanted to ask something: I've seen a "Joker" drone in the codex which sounds amazing, but for the life of me, I can't find any blueprint or wing anywhere. Is it only a built in wing, or can it actually be acquired?

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 25, 2022, 06:18:17 AM »

Joker is inbuild system wing on ... I think Arjuna. Random weapon included.

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 29, 2022, 12:29:03 PM »

what do you guys build on the Skysplitter (M)? It just feels inferior the regular one to me cause of the lack of high energy focus and the ammo system in the avenger. The regular one doesn't look as cool but it kills stuff way faster with 2 triple beam cannons.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:31:42 PM by Tigasboss »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 29, 2022, 08:54:43 PM »

what do you guys build on the Skysplitter (M)? It just feels inferior the regular one to me cause of the lack of high energy focus and the ammo system in the avenger. The regular one doesn't look as cool but it kills stuff way faster with 2 triple beam cannons.

The other variants have significantly better DPS capabilities thanks to high energy focus, but the M variant's built-in cannon is basically like two autopulse lasers in one, with significantly better flux stats. The M variant has lots of flux headroom and an astonishing amount of speed if you've got the ship ability skill.

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 30, 2022, 04:48:19 PM »

The other variants have significantly better DPS capabilities thanks to high energy focus, but the M variant's built-in cannon is basically like two autopulse lasers in one, with significantly better flux stats. The M variant has lots of flux headroom and an astonishing amount of speed if you've got the ship ability skill.

Yea after putting some cryoflamers on it it works better.

Unrelated but can anyone produce a Victory (M)? When i put it on custom production it pays the money but it doesnt make the ship.
It works when i produce it via pirates or another faction, but not when i do it.

Knight Chase

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: [0.95.1a] Mayasuran Navy 8.3.8 RC3
« Reply #567 on: November 22, 2022, 11:34:24 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

8.3.8 RC3
-Changed Moa's large energy arcs from 185 to 210.
This should make the Moa more reliable in converging all of its weapons.
-Fixed Heavy Ion Lance builtins on the Scaramouche.
Now they should have the same damage as the modular version.
-Added Rhea-Class Superheavy Cruiser
This is the penultimate Mayasuran cruiser,  capable of huge broadsides typical of your average playstyle along with a sizable missile array.

New update!
I run a mostly variety stream at
https://www.twitch.tv/knightchasevr
Hope to see you there sometime!
Follow my twitter at https://twitter.com/PanzerCrusader for mod updates. AND JOIN THE #1 GAMER DISCORD AT
http://discord.gg/TfnmXCxJuQ

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 22, 2022, 11:47:00 PM »

6 converging mediums? You are gonna make me start a new game.

ThisIsJustAFormality

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 28, 2022, 01:44:50 AM »

I just want to check, because these numbers seem off. Are the built in Heavy Ion Lances on the Scaramouche/(M) meant to have 15,000 damage? The codex listing for the weapon lists a (still high but more reasonable) 1,800 damage. I've double checked that I'm on the latest 8.3.8 RC3 release as well. Wondering if it's a bug or a feature. Those things evaporate anything they get in range in to the point where I don't want to use the ship, sadly.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49