Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 678136 times)

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)
« Reply #720 on: May 11, 2024, 06:41:53 AM »

Hi.

Regarding the secret hullmods (spoiler) :

Spoiler
Those hullmods are not interesting imo, but I think a very small buff should be enough to make them interesting => increasing the CR bonus to 15% instead of 10%.

The Crew Training Skill (+15% CR for all fleet) is currently mandatory because it is a very effective boost to your ships and is a Tiers 1 skill. Each 15% bonus CR beyond the base 70% gives a ship +5% damage, damage reduction, speed and maneuverability. As a result, 100% CR gives your ship +10% to all these stats which is very noticeable. However, your unlockable hullmods only gives +10% CR, so a +3% bonus to stats.

By buffing the hullmods to 15% bonus CR, the player could tinker with different builds. For example, he could put the hullmod on a low tech ship (which has high PPT) and switch one skill of his Officer from Combat Endurance to a new skill (but it will costs some Ordnance Points). Or the player could put it on all of its ships and not use Crew Training at all, etc.
[close]

Pyramus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 22, 2024, 06:10:13 PM »

Gotta love HMI. An essential part of any of my Starsector runs for all the stuff it adds and how expanded it makes the sector feel. Knights of Eva are an interesting addition, given their worlds were just Luddic Path last time I played. I'm playing with super villains enabled for the first time and got a lot of satisfaction taking over both of Draco's planets after the damn vampires kept trying to take over my planet.

I've never been able to beat...
Spoiler
The Horrors at Seele. This time I thought I was on the path to do it, only to discover that at one of the later phase transitions, the damn thing takes over your ships? I'm not at all sure how I'm meant to counter this. By that stage in the fight my ships that are doing the best are my powerful capitals, so as soon as the horror takes them over they then proceed to take a dump all over any reinforcements I can send in. Is there something I ought to look out for which serves as a warning to make all my ships back off before they get infected?

EDIT: Never mind lads we GOTTEM
[close]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 07:23:39 PM by Pyramus »

Stormy Fairweather

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 30, 2024, 11:23:15 PM »

hey. just wanted to add a random thought/opinion. love this mod and what it adds, but i always had a problem with them sharing a color with pirates. i tweaked them for my game to make them yellow, and in my rarely humble opinion i think the color suits them VERY well.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]