Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632849 times)

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (All-Fonzo Tourny Ed., 0.3.5h)
« Reply #570 on: May 14, 2023, 04:08:09 PM »

Has been working fine for me on 0.96 with a modinfo edit

No weird crashes at all? Hmm, I should perhaps try running it too.

Haven't met any on my end

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 18, 2023, 04:19:35 AM »

The main thing standing in the way of an HMI update is a bug in current starsector. This essentially makes all custom encounters outside of a select few give the 'Safeguard' defense fleet. Which means a lot of HMI's exploration content is broken. Once the fix is out, HMI will surely follow.

Argonaut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 18, 2023, 07:44:25 AM »

Looking forward to this mod again, hopefully the bug is being fixed!

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 18, 2023, 09:45:07 AM »

same. HMI is great o>

Hexallium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2023, 11:15:39 AM »

The main thing standing in the way of an HMI update is a bug in current starsector. This essentially makes all custom encounters outside of a select few give the 'Safeguard' defense fleet. Which means a lot of HMI's exploration content is broken. Once the fix is out, HMI will surely follow.

Ah, so HMI future update will have to see developers able to fix the issues first.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 18, 2023, 01:44:29 PM »

Well, I haven't done much of the exploration content yet in .96, which'd explain why I haven't seen this. :V

Glad to hear HMI is back on the menu! Even now, with MagicLib 1.1 out, the mod works well enough to get on with in terms of ships.

FreyjaKitty

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • ARMA.
« Reply #576 on: May 23, 2023, 02:53:47 AM »

It looks like the dev may have fixed this particular issue as of Release Candidate 10.

Quote:
Fixed issue where derelict defenders that were not remnant/derelict were getting overridden by Taskforce Safeguard

So they are at the very least aware of the issue, which is nice.
Sent from my MSZ-FS Deluxeâ„¢ Wall-mounted Indoor Thermal Pump

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (New Version Ed., 0.3.5i)
« Reply #577 on: May 26, 2023, 10:11:00 PM »

THE UPDATES. START.

Much appreciation to Network Pesci for spell checking everything!

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.5i
Changes:

General
-Updated for 0.96a
-Faction Doctrine has been tweaked so that HMI weapons and ships are almost strictly going to spawn in HMI fleets, outside of a select few situations (Techmined ships in scavenger fleets, the Brasher and Locomotive in pirate fleets, Khorkoi showing up in Luddic Church fleets, etc.)
-Obsidian has been reworked; now spawn hostile fleets based on vanilla ships from vanilla factions, giving a place for a player to fight and salvage ships that would otherwise be difficult to secure.

Ships:
-All super rare 'prototype' ships and Ring Cloak ships have been moved to Supervillians

-Khorkoi loses the built-in mining blaster, but gains a built-in Jackhammer
-Cockroach and Zebu have been resprited
-Ascendante loses the hidden large energy (which causes crashes all the time) and instead gets a built-in Rotary Hammer Launcher
-Dominator (P) and Fury (P) are now unique, one-off bounty ships
-Mora (P) has been reworked to be simpler, losing the fighter deck hullmod, losing a flight deck, and becoming a touch cheaper
-Mulligan now gets a time-acceleration when emerging from phase, but now also comes with ill-advised modifications

Fighters
-Trapdoor no longer uses bombs, instead now fires three swarmer missiles
-[REDACTED] drones will suicide into ships and slowly eat the armour

Weapons
-Xi Liu (small) no longer PD, is now a cheap long range HE option (gives opportunities to turn forward pd mounts on junkers into long range HE)
-Mbeke (small and medium) are now slow reloading, composite LRM weapons (gives opportunities to turn rear-facing pd ballistic mounts into long range suppression mounts)
-Medium Mbeke is now the Campbelltown launcher
-Voracious now no longer has negative recoil (The AI couldn't use it properly). It now works like a long range, HE Thumper.
-Remnant weapons have been examined to be more balanced

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Brighton Federation 0.0.2d
-Updated for 0.96a.

DOWNLOAD HERE

HMI Supervillians 0.0.4b

-Updated for 0.96a.

-HMI Prototypes moved to this mod, are more likely to spawn in Mercenary fleets and have a low chance of showing up in Tri Tachyon and Scavenger fleets
-Ring Cloak ships have been FANG-ified, gain a forward facing cannister flak ship system and gain time dilation on emerging from phase.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Please give me a yell if anything explodes.

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2023, 10:28:44 AM »

Is there anyway to disable the supervillian factions in the supervillian mod? I really liked the prototype ships but am very picky about adding new factions (HMI was basically the only one I used). It might be worth splitting the prototype ships into their own sub mod if they aren't going to be part of HMI going forward. Would be nice to have more options to customize and fine tune the play experience.

Alexandre Lange

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 29, 2023, 01:39:30 PM »

Need to update HMI version @ mod index.

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 30, 2023, 07:30:58 PM »

why does fang society still have finches
I thought the base hull was removed during that time you went over removing pointless ships because the finch was just another redundant barely armed civilian ship
and unlike other modded faction's generic transport ships, the finch didn't have the excuse of matching said modded factions' aesthetic styles so they wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb, so the finch didn't even have that excuse for being kept

anyways next patch, remember to get rid of this skin

Gift-of-Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 30, 2023, 09:14:34 PM »

I love this mod! Thanks for keeping with it.

Wuorg

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2023, 03:38:04 AM »

Hi, first time trying this mod and having a lot of fun with it!

I am a little confused by the Richardson Cannon. The description calls it "surprisingly flux efficient," but it uses 3200 (!) flux per second. It also supposedly does 6400 dps. Are these typos or what?

Thanks!

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2023, 06:08:14 PM »

Hi, first time trying this mod and having a lot of fun with it!

I am a little confused by the Richardson Cannon. The description calls it "surprisingly flux efficient," but it uses 3200 (!) flux per second. It also supposedly does 6400 dps. Are these typos or what?

Thanks!
I think something's really wrong with that thing's efficiency. 0.5 flux per damage on a frag weapon (which has 25% damage against anything except exposed hull, which would be 2 flux per effective damage to shields and probably even worse against armor due to hit strength mechanics) is clearly not "surprisingly flux efficient", that would instead be "so inefficient it'll build up flux for you faster than it does to the enemy's shields".
And good luck actually applying that 6400 DPS with the terrible accuracy and reliance on the enemy not having much remaining armor coverage, because if it's armor is stripped on an entire side, it's probably going to die to other weapons anyways.
I'm not really sure if it actually serves any niche that other large ballistic weapons have, or at least one that's worth the extremely high sustained flux per second. If you're fielding ships with large weapons, then you probably have the DPS to chew through hull anyways, so you won't need an overspecialized weapon for that purpose. And if you want saturated PD, just use a devastator cannon, paladin PD, or any other modded large PD weapon.

Maybe all this is the reason why the weapon's blueprint was left buried in the middle of goddamn nowhere, only being recovered and used by a faction of scavengers known for using literal trash as part of their fleets. I would probably not even notice if the Richardson Cannon gets removed during the next de-bloating spree, and that trash getting removed from the HMI blueprints could probably be a useful buff for the faction's fleets so they won't run out of flux as quickly, as I've been hearing discussion on other sites about how HMI's ships tend to be on the underpowered side (at least regarding junkers/modified mining hulls) and I don't think terrible weapons help with that. (I'd also prefer being able to loot weapons that are actually useful, by the way)

This rant is probably a bit long, so i'll just throw out a TL;DR question: Why is there a terribly flux inefficient large slot fragmentation weapon without the accuracy, range, or hit strength to accomplish anything that other weapons can't do better?
oh and sorry if this post feels a bit harsh, I just really wanted to vent (hah) about how inefficient the Richardson Cannon is. If you want to keep it, find some way to buff it or just rework it.

While I'm here, I guess I'd also like to a report a bug - I've occasionally seen modded ships in Obsidian pirate subfaction fleets, including ones outside of their specific design types (Ship & Weapon Pack's Nautilus high-tech combat freighter appearing in the low tech/midline fleets, for example). I unfortunately don't have a screenshot of it, but just trust me
Quote from: HMI 0.3.5i changelog
-Obsidian has been reworked; now spawn hostile fleets based on vanilla ships from vanilla factions, giving a place for a player to fight and salvage ships that would otherwise be difficult to secure.
Maybe a fix for this bug could be hardcoding the pirate subfactions to only use vanilla ships, as intended.

Oh and just another thing I should point out that doesn't require its own post - a lot of the Fang Society default ship variants are above the OP limits (easily noticeable via Nexelerin starting player fleets, or the Ship Catalog & Variant Editor's variant validator mission). Maybe you should go over the variants sometime soon. And while we're still on the subject of Fang Society, there's a typo with the blueprint package, which should say shieldless instead of armorless.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 07:43:42 PM by Screech9791 »

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2023, 08:06:10 PM »

why does fang society still have finches
I thought the base hull was removed during that time you went over removing pointless ships because the finch was just another redundant barely armed civilian ship
and unlike other modded faction's generic transport ships, the finch didn't have the excuse of matching said modded factions' aesthetic styles so they wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb, so the finch didn't even have that excuse for being kept

anyways next patch, remember to get rid of this skin

relax, brother, it's just a single ship in their line up, no need to get demanding about it.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47