Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632451 times)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4k)
« Reply #525 on: November 07, 2022, 10:47:53 PM »

Hybrid weapons can't fit into composite slots, that's vanilla behaviour. Disintegrator, particle driver, etc, also can't be used in composites.

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 08, 2022, 05:33:05 PM »

Damn, that is very unfortunate :(

mobirae

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 10, 2022, 09:19:23 AM »

Crashing when fighting capital terrors in Seele. Apparently it's caused by hidden mounts or ships with modules, which this seems to have, is that a common crash?

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2022, 05:30:03 PM »

Not exactly worth the effort, but it sure was satisfying to 'tame' The Mess.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2022, 08:57:05 PM »

.... how is the monthly maintenance over -500 000?!  :o

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 18, 2022, 10:34:44 PM »

.... how is the monthly maintenance over -500 000?!  :o

... Did you miss that hazard rating down below?

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 19, 2022, 02:06:42 PM »

... Did you miss that hazard rating down below?
I was mostly agog at how you were managing to fund that.

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 19, 2022, 04:41:40 PM »

I have a pretty large empire bordering the eastern section of the core systems. They're lined roughly from where Brighton's system would be, down to where Scalartech's system would be. It's around 10-11 worlds within 5 or 6 systems. And that's not including the 3 or 4 planets that are autonomous within the core systems. All of that amounts to around 1.8 million in profit per month. With the half million loss from colonizing The Mess' planet, I net around 1.1-1.3 million a month.

SlavenOlupina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 25, 2022, 02:46:13 AM »

Hi there,
Loving the mod(s).

There was a thing i wanted to report, not really a big deal but not sure if its intended.

If you invade the planet Soul in Mercy star system, there is an invisible building present, Church of Eva Complex.

Cheers

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2022, 11:31:00 AM »

Locomotive central hull could really use a base flux dissipation increase, the base value is VERY low considering the amount of mounts it has.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2022, 03:10:35 PM »

Locomotive central hull could really use a base flux dissipation increase, the base value is VERY low considering the amount of mounts it has.

That's the main thing keeping it vaguely balanced, and it's true for virtually all junkers; they struggle to use every weapon mount well, and you'll need to make a compromise somewhere, even if you have lots of extra OP from d-mods. You are not going to go all out, all the time.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 03, 2022, 05:42:02 PM »

Hi there,
Loving the mod(s).

There was a thing i wanted to report, not really a big deal but not sure if its intended.

If you invade the planet Soul in Mercy star system, there is an invisible building present, Church of Eva Complex.

Cheers

Yeah, that building is there to sort out how the Church of Eva fleets spawn in the system. If you check out the Sindrian Diktat, they similarly have a building called Lion's Guard HQ that turns invisible if you invade.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Sick of Waiting Ed., 0.3.5f)
« Reply #537 on: December 03, 2022, 06:43:55 PM »

So, I've been holding off on this update because I was waiting for Alex to release the next update, which I thought would've been out by now. But it hasn't. Having gotten sick of waiting, I am now releasing. This is actually a pretty big update (technically it's several updates), and it will break saves. However, this will overhaul HMI so it has a better feel as a faction in light of the Uniqifying Blogpost (yes, this update has been in the works for that long), while also adding some other neat things.

Hazard Mining Incorporated
Update 0.3.5f

Changelog:

-Reworked all HMI weapons. A lot of weapons have been completely redone in form and function, and just about everything has been tweaked.
-Added a lot more weapons to fill some niches.
-Added two new techmined fighters; a heavy, powerful fighter and a high-tech antimatter bomber.

-Removed Decimator; this ship has been replaced with the Vanguard / Brawler.
-Removed the Finch (No one remembers this).
-Removed the Drone Firing system from the Whiskey Priest and Donkey due to rare CTD crash, instead they have dedicated suicide drone wings.
-Bombardment Pod no longer fires Annhiliators. Instead, it fires itself.

-Rejigged how HMI ships and weapons show up; they should be a lot less common in Scavenger, Independent and Pirate fleets.
-Reworked HMI variants.
-Fixed a lot of other minor problems + mis-spellings
-Added six new Me[REDACTED] ships, overall made them scarier.
-Added The Third Phase for the [REDACTED] station fight
-Fixed a code of Mysterious Origin; Secret Bosses will now properly drop blueprints.
-Added some MagicLib bounties
-Made the Gendo Market on Fuyutsuki a bit more unique, releases bigger and scarier HMI fleets.

DOWNLOAD HERE. AGAIN, NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.

Also, I did some tweaking with Supervillians, giving them Boss Fleets in their respective systems and fiddling with their stats. Should now be a touch more interesting to interact with them.

Supervillains
Update 0.0.4a

Changelog:

-Both Fang and Draco have had their markets beefed up, and their faction stats overhauled.
-Added spicy boss-ish fleets to Phylum and Prestor John systems.
-Added Two MagicBounties, giving you a chance to find and use some truly despicable boats.
-Fiddled with a lot of the stats.
-Lots of tiny little fixes.

DOWNLOAD HERE. AGAIN, NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.

And don't think I forgot about Brighton. Except do because I have a lot of mods on my plate and I think it's in an alright position at the moment. I will provide some additional content in the future, I've just been busy with other things, apologies.

Brighton Federation
Update 0.0.2c

Changelog:

-Nerfed the Brighton hullmod to reduce missile ammunition, they now *really* lean into that alpha strike to win battles.

DOWNLOAD HERE.

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 05, 2022, 12:42:38 AM »

That's the main thing keeping it vaguely balanced, and it's true for virtually all junkers; they struggle to use every weapon mount well, and you'll need to make a compromise somewhere, even if you have lots of extra OP from d-mods. You are not going to go all out, all the time.

Atm the locomotives central hull is insanely overfluxed even with cheap OD and flux weapons + max vents, d-mods do nothing to fix this.
It has only 450 base dissipation with 3 large, 8 medium and 8 small mounts.
It also has less OD than the herakles for example even tho it has more mounts and 2 bays.
Its a good ship overall but the central hull could use a check regarding some of its stats.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:54:24 AM by Tyrgalon »

taerkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Sick of Waiting Ed., 0.3.5f)
« Reply #539 on: December 05, 2022, 02:43:52 PM »

Just did a fresh install of Starsector and this was one of the mods I grabbed, but I'm getting this error during the initial launch of the game:

Code
149365 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Loading variant [data\variants\hmi_locomotive_front_armour.variant]
149370 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [DIRECTORY: D:\StarSector\starsector-core\..\mods\HMI (data\variants\hmi_locomotive_front_armour.variant)]
87472 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hmi_locomotive_front] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hmi_locomotive_front] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.oO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.oO0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit: Redownloaded the file and gave it another run. Seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 08:50:31 AM by taerkar »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47