Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632219 times)

Virescent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4k)
« Reply #510 on: June 13, 2022, 10:46:00 AM »

Hey there, got a question regarding this lovely mod. So I managed to find this system MESS. I managed to destroy [REDACTED] and gain Nanite Mass from it. Apparently scientists and people with similar mindset would love to get their hands on one, but the Galatia Academy doesn't seem to care. Is there any other way to use it or do I just sell it on the black market somewhere?

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 20, 2022, 05:41:54 AM »

Hey there, got a question regarding this lovely mod. So I managed to find this system MESS. I managed to destroy [REDACTED] and gain Nanite Mass from it. Apparently scientists and people with similar mindset would love to get their hands on one, but the Galatia Academy doesn't seem to care. Is there any other way to use it or do I just sell it on the black market somewhere?

You can only just sell it, I believe. I think a connection to the academy would be neat, but honestly, it's just a selling item. It's random which place gives you a better deal, but usually you can find one market where it goes for like double and get quite a pretty penny

PeopleThief

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 25, 2022, 01:23:51 PM »

I saw in the discord alpha you have removed the decimator frigate since it has been "replaced by the vanguard". I don't really see the issue with having both, since they fulfill completely different roles. The vanguard is a slow, shieldless brick that burn drives in and then sits on the frontline, using it's ultra-high hull and armor and integrated damper field to survive. On the other hand, the decimator is a fast hunter killer glass cannon that makes moderate use of it's shields (though it still has bad shields), using its high speed to dart in and out of combat, using it's twin medium ballistic mounts backed up by AAF to wreak havoc before disengaging. While they are both elite low-tech frigates, I don't understand the problem with that, since even if you do not count the phase ships or hyperion there are 3 vanilla elite high tech frigates (the omen, scarab, and tempest). Furthermore, a huge portion of the people using your mod are also going to be using other mods that add in more elite frigates, so it is not like most people will only have one elite low-tech frigate with the decimator removed. While I can kind of understand the desire to remove bloat, the decimator is a fun and relatively unique ship, and I hope it stays in the mod.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:57:41 PM by PeopleThief »

Xaygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 25, 2022, 06:41:18 PM »

I noticed that the AI used the barber to ram into you but they dont use the drill. Is this intended? I tried to set the marx mining drill to automatic but I guess the AI ignores that when they control the ship.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:42:53 PM by Xaygon »

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 21, 2022, 01:32:40 AM »

Just visited the DR. Their active fleets are much scarier than the active station. One of the active fleets caught me near the entrance and chewed through almost my entire fleet due to the sheer number of capitals and missile spam... The Station had 2 capitals with it and that fleet failed to destroy a single ship, and it was the same fleet both times (I barely managed to recover everything and mothball enough ships.)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 21, 2022, 12:12:00 AM »

If you can reliably killing Mess you can make sick profit by selling their loot and sold the AI core to the Tri-tachyon.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Tritoxid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 31, 2022, 01:01:42 PM »

Hey, since I updated my mods I have problem launching the game.

Could u help me? Here is the message I'm getting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2022, 05:26:31 AM »

Hey, since I updated my mods I have problem launching the game.

Could u help me? Here is the message I'm getting.

Hey Trix, can you doa  clean reinstall of the mod? As in, delete the mod in the mod folder, and then replace it with a fresh install? I think this particular bug was resolved a while ago.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2022, 11:58:42 AM »

Heya, love yer mod. two things though, which are actually one thing, but the color being the same as the pirates is, well, horrible imo. and i also hate the segments that are used to differentiate different factions of similar colors. so what i do with every faction mod i install is i remove the secondary segments and set a color that is distinguishable from the rest. and i have a LOT of faction mods installed. anyway, i have found 255,200,0 to be an excellent color for the faction that is visually distinct from every other major faction mod i have played. i also changed the red on the logos to match that, and in my humble opinion it fits the faction better. anyway, hope this isnt presumptuous of me, but i figured i'd offer my feedback if you were interested.

and if not, well, i get it XD. excellent mod and thank you for it.

Spoiler
[close]

Balmung60

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2022, 07:17:48 AM »

So, I'm not sure if there's some flag in-mod or if it's because the system spawned slightly beyond the normal map borders, but my colonies in the system Manchester points you to (is Tabitha a fixed name for the system, or is it dynamic?) tend to freeze up. Like they stop growing and construction just stops. Interestingly, this mostly affects the outer planets, while those within the ring system seem to function more or less fine.

Enforest

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 30, 2022, 01:22:20 AM »

Anyone knows how to use Subliminar Encouragement mod? I have learnt the blueprint, but the mod does not appear in the list for any of my ships.

Edit: it was under a new tab, which was un-checked for me for some reason. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 08:35:55 AM by Enforest »

oloolo1661

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 22, 2022, 02:19:44 PM »

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to separate and make the ships/hull mods from Hazard Mining Incorporated a standalone addon.

Kenneth kenway

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 06, 2022, 01:32:50 AM »

Hello, i hate to bother you all with this issues im currently facing, they might have been already fixed or not, this issue of mine is the Junker Mod, i dont seem to be getting their extra OP (Ordnance points) from the D-mods, once i tried to buy a Junker combat freighter with 3 D-mods, as i  scroll over i saw that its OP is the same as a regular one even thou it has D-mods, i've been trying to fix it with no avail, i tried deleting the folder and the mod pack to install a new one and extract new one but problem is still there, honestly speaking im sweating my balls on what to do XD and wish to ask you guys for your help. and again if this has already a solution that i dont know yet im sorry to bother :'(

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 06, 2022, 03:44:54 AM »

Junkers are implemented in a hacky way - they get extra OP from their hullmods, which have negative OP costs. So in the stat screen you don't see the max OP change, but as they get more D-mods, the junker hullmod they have gets higher negative OP cost, allowing you to spend more OP in total. Let's say you have a damaged junker which has "Not Even Salvageable" hullmod at -15 OP cost. If you equip a 5 OP weapon, the ship will still say 0/100 OP spent in the top row of the refit screen. After you spend 15 OP, it will start counting as normal.

Tyrgalon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 07, 2022, 08:55:10 PM »

Hey, weapons like the gauss cannon, mark IX and railgun for example can be put in composite slots, but atm the remnant versions from this mod cant, any chance of changing that? :)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47