Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632843 times)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4g)
« Reply #465 on: December 18, 2021, 10:23:49 AM »

I just discovered a bug, a bug so good I don't even want to report it. :P All I will say is my Junk ship currently has 150 bonus Ordinance points and it will only increase every time the bug repeats itself. I am loving it, finally I get use all the hall mods. :D
(I could be wrong and this is by design and is work as it should but I don't think it is... anyway this is awesome).
Love this mod, my fav.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4g)
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2021, 10:40:17 PM »

Okay I figured I can just not update if this bug gets fixed and I should report it properly. So if you have a ship with full D-Mods and then you take the perk to remove 1 d-mod per month, it will take away the d-mod but your bonus points from having a junker ship will not be removed but rather will remain while the next d-mod down the line towards perfection gets added, giving you even more bonus points and will continue to add them until it reaches perfection. I did strip ship option in the refit room/station and I removed them, so they can still be removed manually. Anyway I for get the values... my Junk ship had 4 d-mods and I had a bonus of -60 giving me 60 more OP. After a month and with the d-mod removal perk I got the next perk at 3 d-mods, giving me -50 (I think) and then the following month I got the next mod of -40 d-mod giving me a total of 150 bonus OP, the following month at 1 d-mod -30 and then I got to perfection having a bonus of 180 d-mod points. Totally awesome. Like I said, I stripped the ship at one point and removed all my bonus points, (it was a mistake I didn't notice until it was to late). Not a bad bug in my opinion.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4k)
« Reply #467 on: December 20, 2021, 12:13:51 AM »

Junker ship built-in  hullmod description typo: reknowned
Rapid Repair System " : Shieldess

Whoops, will fix.

Thanks for the update! I love this mod. I too would like to see the Mass expanded. They are such an awesome foe to fight against. I always thought it cool if the largest users of it had outbreaks in their systems from it, like somehow suddenly a station appears in the system, spawning fleets until it gets destroyed.

Again, I plan on this will be distant future content eventually.

Okay I figured I can just not update if this bug gets fixed and I should report it properly. So if you have a ship with full D-Mods and then you take the perk to remove 1 d-mod per month, it will take away the d-mod but your bonus points from having a junker ship will not be removed but rather will remain while the next d-mod down the line towards perfection gets added, giving you even more bonus points and will continue to add them until it reaches perfection. I did strip ship option in the refit room/station and I removed them, so they can still be removed manually. Anyway I for get the values... my Junk ship had 4 d-mods and I had a bonus of -60 giving me 60 more OP. After a month and with the d-mod removal perk I got the next perk at 3 d-mods, giving me -50 (I think) and then the following month I got the next mod of -40 d-mod giving me a total of 150 bonus OP, the following month at 1 d-mod -30 and then I got to perfection having a bonus of 180 d-mod points. Totally awesome. Like I said, I stripped the ship at one point and removed all my bonus points, (it was a mistake I didn't notice until it was to late). Not a bad bug in my opinion.

Well damn. I'll look into fixing this - thanks for telling me this.

In other news, a very minor update that fixes a select few things.

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4k

-Fixed a problem with [REDACTED] fighters
-Fixed a problem with a [REDACTED] station
-Added a Tempest Mk. [REDACTED]
-HOTFIX - Hastily tried to fix the infinite OP glitch.

Download HERE.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 20, 2021, 10:12:49 AM »

-HOTFIX - Hastily tried to fix the infinite OP glitch.

???

To download or not to download, that is the question. I will update, while cheating is fun it brakes the spirit of the game. Thanks for the update and the effort you have put into this mod. It does have a ton of potential.

Maxwell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 27, 2021, 03:11:32 AM »

I got an error running the game with the mod, something with [DRONE_STRIKE]

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 29, 2021, 07:33:01 PM »

Have you since redownloaded the mod folder, deleted the old mod file and replaced it with the newly redownloaded one? That issue was dealt with a couple of versions ago.

General Bubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 01, 2022, 08:31:23 AM »

Sorry to bother everyone, but, I have recently recovered the massive Locomotive mobile station monstrosity.  I was wondering how I go about giving commands to the different sections, specifically the two side sections with hangars, so I can set them to "Engage" during battles, instead of having the fighters just hang around. 

Thanks for your time~

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 01, 2022, 10:21:29 AM »

I was wondering how I go about giving commands to the different sections, specifically the two side sections with hangars, so I can set them to "Engage" during battles, instead of having the fighters just hang around.
AFAIK, you only have command of the 2 in the main module, not the sides.
This isn't the fault of the author. This is an impasse with module ships. The Starsector engine was not designed to allow a player to have a module ship. All the mods that do so are using workarounds.

General Bubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 01, 2022, 12:09:51 PM »

AFAIK, you only have command of the 2 in the main module, not the sides.
This isn't the fault of the author. This is an impasse with module ships. The Starsector engine was not designed to allow a player to have a module ship. All the mods that do so are using workarounds.

I appreciate the info! So Ideally I should set the side hangars to defensive ships, ideally. Duly noted , thanks for replying <3

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 02, 2022, 09:41:49 AM »

Sorry to bother everyone, but, I have recently recovered the massive Locomotive mobile station monstrosity.  I was wondering how I go about giving commands to the different sections, specifically the two side sections with hangars, so I can set them to "Engage" during battles, instead of having the fighters just hang around. 

Thanks for your time~

I just want to add that I recently learnt that different ships behave differently. I just assumed they floated around the carriers until ordered to attack (because I mostly assigned Ming Drones to my ships) but I discovered different ships types behave differently and engage differently. I should have known this but my experience with carries was limited but I now know this, so I am sharing it.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 04, 2022, 03:22:01 AM »

When did the art of this mod get so good :o

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 04, 2022, 12:58:26 PM »

It's worth noting that all of the fighters of a module ship will follow your orders, regardless of where they're installed, so make whatever loadout you like on that front. You just need to arm the wings with weaponry that you must assume will just autofire forever.

(The good news with the Loco is that its "wing" armaments are intentionally designed to be mostly PD or auto-missile focused; Alfonso made sure to design it such that the main weapon batteries are in the "nose"/core section of the controllable ship, so you can still manage them.)

JustThatGoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 07, 2022, 02:11:18 PM »

The Monjeau in either a reckless officer or players hands are just perfection. At least until you're up against carrier/missile swarms or insane shielded ships that it just can't pop

Tipnick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 13, 2022, 05:03:11 AM »

I keep getting this: What could it be?

107277 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: [sifter_drone_obj_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
java.lang.RuntimeException: [sifter_drone_obj_wing] is not a valid fighter wing id
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateVariantIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.prototype.Utils.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getMembersListWithFighters(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.getMembersWithFighters(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.do.for(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.class.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Crazy Gringo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 16, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »

Have you since redownloaded the mod folder, deleted the old mod file and replaced it with the newly redownloaded one? That issue was dealt with a couple of versions ago.

I think I'm getting the same error because whenever I try running/booting up the game since I updated it, I get an error along the lines of [DRONE STRIKE] and some other stuff about running out of and/or not being able to use sounds. And I did the delete the old file before extracting the new one into the mods file.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 47