Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632555 times)

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Even More Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2021, 03:18:17 AM »

Brighton ships have absolutely stupid amounts of missiles per DP. Pure brighton fleets most certainly do work, perhaps too well even.
So it's not an issue then? Since the AI in this game blows their entire missile load on the first frigate to come into their sight.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Hottest of Fixes Ed., 0.3.4f)
« Reply #451 on: October 06, 2021, 08:29:57 AM »

i just found the "spooky boi" in his s#*!@y little system in the corner of map... it is now my life goal to rid this ABOMINATION from the sector... thank you, i love the writing but this chaos warped abomination is terrible and must be put to an end.

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Even More Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #452 on: October 07, 2021, 12:44:49 AM »

fiddled around with a brighton federation playthrough the other day. i think the stats for maneuverability on some of the ships could use some tuning. the lumen seems too twitchy. the bastillon seems too sluggish. some of the penalties for the lower range of salvaged vanilla ships seem too harsh. especially the extra vulnerability of weapons and engines. i don't generally feel very encouraged to play with a brighton fleet that works 'thematically' within its own roster. the brighton line of salvaged vanillas--mostly combat freighters--don't seem good enough to spend much time with. the custom brighton ships are more interesting. but very difficult to get my hands on most of the cruisers. and the heterogeneous mixture of reworked lowtech and reworked hightech within the overall roster makes i think for not very good fleet composition. the combat freighters are not up to even middle of the road pirate and lowtech stuff. the hightech stuff flies rings around the lowtech stuff. things basically don't go very well together.

TBF it makes sense that a faction with salvaged ships using whatever they can get their hands on don't have the most overall cohesive fleet doctrine.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 07, 2021, 09:54:28 AM »

I got crash in Manchester when I salvaged one of stations which says what hmi_fighteritu is not found. I checked in mod folder, while hullmod hmi_fighteritu removed from hull_mods.csv its still present in source files and in hmi_shell.ship.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 09:57:53 AM by BreenBB »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2021, 03:22:28 AM »

I got crash in Manchester when I salvaged one of stations which says what hmi_fighteritu is not found. I checked in mod folder, while hullmod hmi_fighteritu removed from hull_mods.csv its still present in source files and in hmi_shell.ship.

Yes, that one was discovered relatively recently. The newest version of HMI fixes that problem by putting the hullmod back in.

Godvana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2021, 05:53:40 AM »

0.95 is the first time I used HMI and boy am I glad I did. The Domain Resurgent stuff and dealing with the Spooky bois is the most fun I've had in Starsector next to Vayra HVBs. I hope you do some more story-type content in the future, there aren't many mods that do it and I think Starsector is a great platform for it.

10/10 mod

Oh yeah, and the faction is nice too  ;D

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2021, 12:50:54 PM »

Installed this mod plus all sub-mods for a new type of theme to add to my playthrough, and I must say I do enjoy the added exploration elements. Although they spawn in the same spots every time, and you only get surprised by something once. Either way, I do think it's very interesting. However, as with all things... Issues. Specifically pertaining to the DomRes ships.

First off, the Outworks(DomRes) and the Bastillon(DomRes): The Targeting Supercomputer. Literally just this. I do not mind fighting them, as they have no shields and it makes them actually useful for some amount of time as compared to just showing up and getting killed in .2 seconds if you focus on them. The Main issue I have with them is when you salvage them, since you can do that in vanilla now with a skill. Now is when things get a little dumb. Now you can also slap on ITU and throw in any old AI core and give it gunnery implants, and the range is rivaling even orbital stations. Field even one of these along with your PD-heavy destroyer or frigate(or whatever you want to use at that point), have the Outworks/Bastillon defend your ship, chill out way far away, and the station is going to go down eventually(huge emphasis on eventually depending on the weapon or number of ships). 0 effort required, and it's too far away for your CR timer to even start going down. I'm honestly not sure how this would be "fixed" without simply not allowing you to get those in particular or removing Targeting Supercomputer.

Secondly, and probably a little more of a bug than feedback(spoiler-ish warning for those who would rather find some things for themselves):
Spoiler
The Guardian Stations. Interesting enough to fight, though they do go down pretty easy with the right setup, but they don't seem to go down all the way. Ever. There is a single module on them that I can't ever reach. I do always tend to use beam weapons and very few area damage weapons like torpedoes, so maybe those would reach it. I didn't see anybody else having this issue in the last few pages, so maybe it's just me? It is specifically the small missile section with 2 Sabot SRM pods. None of my beams reached it. I ended up having to console command kill that particular segment on each of the stations.
[close]

Overall I am enjoying the mod. Although, Fang Society seems a little garbage. Draco isn't so bad since they have shields. Fang gets murdered first in my playthroughs with Nex(mostly by the AI). No shields means no them. Focus on HE damage, and they don't last. Basically anything that can mount the High Intensity laser and use its shield can kill at least most of a fleet.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 01, 2021, 01:53:23 AM »

Not sure why defeating a station by bringing a specific dedicated combo of ships is such a big deal. Throwing a Radiant at it doesn't take much effort either.

The bigger problem is the ships with stealth mines. The vanilla hullmod doesn't work correctly when there is more than one minelayer on the battlefield. Only one seems to be working at a time.

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 08, 2021, 12:04:50 AM »

Hey man great mod.

Any future plans on adding content where the player can clear out the mess and make the place habitable again through a special quest chain? Would love if we could have more content regarding the mess.
is that an alpha core in your pocket or are you just excited to see me

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2021, 05:19:15 PM »

The ships in this mod are fun to play with but I would really appreciate if you could add destroyer/cruiser carrier starts for Nexerelin for when I want to swarm enemies with strike craft launched from rustbucket hangar bays with engines, without just starting with a capital ship.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2021, 06:21:32 AM »

I am really looking forward to this mods update.

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2021, 02:54:34 PM »

I am really looking forward to this mods update.

Updates to HMI are always great, but, at least for me, it's compatible with the latest Starsector release as-is if you don't want to wait.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Hottest of Fixes Ed., 0.3.4j)
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2021, 10:03:03 PM »

Installed this mod plus all sub-mods for a new type of theme to add to my playthrough, and I must say I do enjoy the added exploration elements. Although they spawn in the same spots every time, and you only get surprised by something once. Either way, I do think it's very interesting. However, as with all things... Issues. Specifically pertaining to the DomRes ships...

The next update quickly fixes the first thing, but I'll look into the unreachable module next time - I've been pretty busy with a new job and my time is limited nowadays.

Not sure why defeating a station by bringing a specific dedicated combo of ships is such a big deal. Throwing a Radiant at it doesn't take much effort either.

The bigger problem is the ships with stealth mines. The vanilla hullmod doesn't work correctly when there is more than one minelayer on the battlefield. Only one seems to be working at a time.

Next update fixes this - I decided to ditch those hullmods.

Hey man great mod.

Any future plans on adding content where the player can clear out the mess and make the place habitable again through a special quest chain? Would love if we could have more content regarding the mess.

Probably not. If I ever learn code, there might be an endgame Mess threat. Maybe.

The ships in this mod are fun to play with but I would really appreciate if you could add destroyer/cruiser carrier starts for Nexerelin for when I want to swarm enemies with strike craft launched from rustbucket hangar bays with engines, without just starting with a capital ship.

Will consider.

SO. A HECKOVA LOT OF UPDATES that don't really mean much.

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4j

-Updated to 0.95.1a
-Removed excessive DomRes hullmods
-Whiskey Priest and Donkey now use a weaker version of Terminator Sequence.
-Fiddled with some other stats for balance reasons and descriptions for spelling.

Download HERE.

Brighton Federation 0.2.2a

-Updated to 0.95.1a

Download HERE.

HMI Supervillians 0.2.2d

-Updated to 0.95.1a

Download HERE.

Nothing major atm, but there might be (distantly) a small update for HMI and Supervillians.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4g)
« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »

Junker ship built-in  hullmod description typo: reknowned
Rapid Repair System " : Shieldess

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4g)
« Reply #464 on: December 18, 2021, 12:16:07 AM »

Thanks for the update! I love this mod. I too would like to see the Mass expanded. They are such an awesome foe to fight against. I always thought it cool if the largest users of it had outbreaks in their systems from it, like somehow suddenly a station appears in the system, spawning fleets until it gets destroyed.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 47