Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632335 times)

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (But is it really Bloat? Ed., 0.3.4)
« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2021, 11:25:05 AM »

Hello, I'm getting a CTD when shooting from the remnant gauss cannon with an error text of "Fatal: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found. Check starsector.log for more info"
The log:
Spoiler
256789 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSprite(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.MagicAutoTrails.createTrailSegment(MagicAutoTrails.java:143)
   at data.scripts.plugins.MagicAutoTrails.advance(MagicAutoTrails.java:132)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.L$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

The actual png is indeed named differently, but I'm not sure if it will fix everything. What do I have to edit to fix is (what file is responsible for the trail)?

Disregard that one, The problem was solved after installing Trailer Moments.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 11:40:05 AM by DrTechman42 »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (But is it really Bloat? Ed., 0.3.4a)
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2021, 08:55:44 PM »

Hello, I'm getting a CTD when shooting from the remnant gauss cannon with an error text of "Fatal: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found. Check starsector.log for more info"
The actual png is indeed named differently, but I'm not sure if it will fix everything. What do I have to edit to fix is (what file is responsible for the trail)?

Disregard that one, The problem was solved after installing Trailer Moments.

...huh. I thought I fixed this? Just in case I haven't:

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4a Hotfix:
-Fixed a trails crash I thought I'd already sorted out?
-Fiddled with burst Attack laser, Remnant Mining Laser and Remnant Tactical laser to be more balanced.
-Fixed Remnant Mining Array shooting just off to the side of targets, fiddled with stats slightly.
-Fixed some issue with hidden content.

Download HERE

And another problem that arose recently:
HMI Supervillians 0.0.2a Hotfix:
-Fixed a CTD if you try to run this without HMI.

Download HERE

All of these updates are savegame compatible.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (But is it really Bloat? Ed., 0.3.4)
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2021, 08:57:18 PM »

Question/Suggestion

Why do the "civilized" factions hate you if you saturation bomb the fang society? They are beastmen raider cannibal barbarians that I assume everyone would be happy to see gone. I wanted to essentially go on a purging crusade, but didn't want to make the entire sector hostile against me.

In a future Nexerellin update you will recieve less reputation impact for exterminating Fang and Draco, thanks to Histidine's help.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2021, 11:32:27 PM »

-Fiddled with burst Attack laser, Remnant Mining Laser and Remnant Tactical laser to be more balanced.
-Fixed Remnant Mining Array shooting just off to the side of targets, fiddled with stats slightly.

Does "fiddling" mean buffs or nerfs? Not updating if it's nerfs.  8)

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 07, 2021, 02:09:02 AM »

I love this mod, it is super awesome. My fav ship is the Junk. I love the cargo storage and using it to mine. It is my fav way of playing the game. Start off with it and mine my way through the game.   

Also I got super lucky in my latest play through and found the Locomotive ship early on, my first ever capital ship. It got wrecked when I encountered a Terra drill ship which was interesting as I was feeling so powerful and unstopable. I love how it is basically many ships all in one. I did encounter a sort of bug issue with it and with the mod Starship Legends. I mentioned the issue on that mods page but I thought I should mention it to you now, so you know about it as well. If you wish to know more you can head over to that mod page and read it there.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 07, 2021, 03:29:13 AM »

I had an idea for a mining mod that works the same as fuel siphoning but in that you travel through a dust cloud of an system ring and collect ore/minerals while doing so. It can be costly and inefficient but still a new way in which the player can mine. 

Frezeh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 07, 2021, 02:51:54 PM »

Hey, there seems to be a problem with the current HMI version. Trying to launch with it enabled leads to the following error in the log.

6620 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Ship system [hmi_recalldevice] not found in ship_systems.csv

I checked the ship_systems.csv file and the error is correct, It's not there.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 07, 2021, 08:19:57 PM »

Is the Bedlam class ship one of HMI designs? I recently got this blueprint in my game (with 20+ mods), I'm curious if it has any special pro/con stuff like some HMI ships.

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2021, 11:56:58 AM »

Spoiler-ish suggestion:
Spoiler
I run into way too many worlds that would be great for Soil Nanite farming if they didn't have transplutonic or volatile deposits, and while thinking of ways of dealing with it, I thought of the planets in Opuntia, which The Mess has stripped bare of all their resources.
That made me think... what if we could harness this power? What if there was a way to gain some degree of control over The Mess and use it to strip our own worlds of those pesky transplutonics and volatiles? Maybe there could be a Seele-like event which would give you something like that? Perhaps a blueprint for a Mess-based mining industry that actually depletes resources? Or maybe a Mess-based item that does the same when installed in mining?
Mind you, I have no idea if this is feasible from a technical standpoint or if it would be worth the time investment, I just thought it'd be cool to have some sort of pathway to free up worlds for Soil Nanites.
[close]

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 18, 2021, 01:19:44 AM »

Does "fiddling" mean buffs or nerfs?

Yes.

I love this mod, it is super awesome. My fav ship is the Junk. I love the cargo storage and using it to mine. It is my fav way of playing the game. Start off with it and mine my way through the game.   

Also I got super lucky in my latest play through and found the Locomotive ship early on, my first ever capital ship. It got wrecked when I encountered a Terra drill ship which was interesting as I was feeling so powerful and unstopable. I love how it is basically many ships all in one. I did encounter a sort of bug issue with it and with the mod Starship Legends. I mentioned the issue on that mods page but I thought I should mention it to you now, so you know about it as well. If you wish to know more you can head over to that mod page and read it there.

Glad you're enjoying it! And I understand the issue you're talking about, however that's something that needs to be fixed on their end rather than mine.

I had an idea for a mining mod that works the same as fuel siphoning but in that you travel through a dust cloud of an system ring and collect ore/minerals while doing so. It can be costly and inefficient but still a new way in which the player can mine. 

That is far beyond my code-fu I'm afraid.

Hey, there seems to be a problem with the current HMI version. Trying to launch with it enabled leads to the following error in the log.

So this problem occurred because you most likely did not delete the mod folder before adding the new version. Do a clean reinstall of the mod (delete the HMI mod folder, redownload and add the new HMI mod folder) and you should not have the issue any more.

Is the Bedlam class ship one of HMI designs? I recently got this blueprint in my game (with 20+ mods), I'm curious if it has any special pro/con stuff like some HMI ships.

It's a HMI ship, and it's description describes it pretty succinctly; it's a battlecruiser-sized Fury. Doesn't really need a fancier description than that.

Spoiler-ish suggestion:///

That is above and beyond my code fu. Also I wouldn't have the Mess as something 'tamabe', but perhaps maybe as a orbital bombardment alternative. That however is also beyond my code fu.

SO, quick little update for HMI Supervillains.

Supervillains 0.0.2b
-Updated the Ionos (Draco) to be consistent with the HMI version.
-Added the 'monstrous' trait to Draco and Fang factions.

HOTFIX 0.0.2c
-Fixed Ionos (Draco) having the carrier tag (not quite sure how it got it tbh?), should now work as intended.

Download HERE

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #445 on: September 22, 2021, 11:08:48 PM »

Yet another minor, but necessary update for HMI.

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4b

-Fixed the Vayra's Sector colonial ships, they should spawn with the appropriate hullmods
-Fixed HMI not using their own capital vessels due to ship dilution in modded games

EDIT: AND ANOTHER ONE.

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4d
-Due to weirdness with the AI, Mess Ships no longer emit independent Mess fighters on death. They will instead spawn Mess Mass. THis should prevent battle against the Mess from not ending.

Savegame compatible, only minor changes with this one.

Download HERE

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 24, 2021, 08:27:39 PM »

Spoiler-ish suggestion:///

That is above and beyond my code fu. Also I wouldn't have the Mess as something 'tamabe', but perhaps maybe as a orbital bombardment alternative. That however is also beyond my code fu.

It should be possible to get a structure that disables all rare ores conditions on planets, somewhat like how boggled’s TASC has structures that disable hot/cold conditions(stellar shade and mirror). However it could add inimical biosphere and/or normal hazard rating(like that one VIC colony item), as well as disable mining operations.

Zane0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Even More Minor Tweaks Ed., 0.3.4d)
« Reply #447 on: September 30, 2021, 10:53:26 PM »

fiddled around with a brighton federation playthrough the other day. i think the stats for maneuverability on some of the ships could use some tuning. the lumen seems too twitchy. the bastillon seems too sluggish. some of the penalties for the lower range of salvaged vanilla ships seem too harsh. especially the extra vulnerability of weapons and engines. i don't generally feel very encouraged to play with a brighton fleet that works 'thematically' within its own roster. the brighton line of salvaged vanillas--mostly combat freighters--don't seem good enough to spend much time with. the custom brighton ships are more interesting. but very difficult to get my hands on most of the cruisers. and the heterogeneous mixture of reworked lowtech and reworked hightech within the overall roster makes i think for not very good fleet composition. the combat freighters are not up to even middle of the road pirate and lowtech stuff. the hightech stuff flies rings around the lowtech stuff. things basically don't go very well together.

the faction works fine as a curious little npc system right now. more than that? not there yet i think. but this is also not a comprehensive judgment on my part (not a lot of time at the moment) -- so i might be mistaken on some matters.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 11:14:38 PM by Zane0 »

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 01, 2021, 05:12:33 AM »

Brighton ships have absolutely stupid amounts of missiles per DP. Pure brighton fleets most certainly do work, perhaps too well even.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 02, 2021, 11:44:30 PM »

the faction works fine as a curious little npc system right now. more than that? not there yet i think. but this is also not a comprehensive judgment on my part (not a lot of time at the moment) -- so i might be mistaken on some matters.

Brighton ships have absolutely stupid amounts of missiles per DP. Pure brighton fleets most certainly do work, perhaps too well even.

Mostly this. Brighton has terrifying amount of missiles per DP, and when put in the hands of someone who knows how to use Sabots and Harpoons and Reapers to their maximum, Brighton fleets can be very dangerous indeed. However they do work as a curious, down on their luck NPC faction, which I'm happy with atm. Probably at some point I'll get around to giving them a proper balance pass so they're at least on pirate tier.

Also, quick hotfix.

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4e+f
-Fixed a rare crash taht can occur with the Scale fighter.

Savegame compatible.

Download HERE.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 47