Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632414 times)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError4 Ed., 0.3.3q)
« Reply #420 on: August 02, 2021, 02:15:57 AM »

Is there any way to get Crystalline/Haunted Worlds to spawn in procedurally generated systems outside of HMI-owned systems?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2021, 03:00:12 AM »

Nope. The HMI systems feature hand-built unique planets.

(This is part of the reason they have the "distant polity" debuff on them despite probably being not that much further from the true core than some other systems, as it's meant to make "just conquer them" not the obvious immediate answer to them being in the game.)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 03, 2021, 01:25:45 PM »

hi! "the herakles" should be renamed to "the pariah". that is all
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (But is it really Bloat? Ed., 0.3.4)
« Reply #423 on: August 13, 2021, 01:16:09 AM »

Hello,

I have a question, can we obtain the ### with the Automatic ships's skill?

No. There's lore reasons why you can't.
Spoiler
Specifically because it was never there to begin with.
[close]

it would still be nice to have a way to actually disable the factions from spawning while having the mod enabled. I'd like to still have all the cool techmined ships without HMI taking over a third of the core worlds... I guess if they only spawn on the set systems they wont have as much military power as they would if they got random planets too, but still...

This has been fixed in the next version. It was the result of a bit of poor communication betwen myself and Histidine.

The Limina's hullmods say it should have +50% maintenance cost but it seems to be more like +150%?

This has been fixed in the next update.

I have a question after reading the weapon description of the Vertice arm cannons on the Monjeau, they both do high explosive by default but mention being good anti-shield weapons and they have kinetic tags in the weapons file, is that because of the flux efficiency of the guns or was one of them supposed to deal kinetic but they got jumbled together along the way?
That was a hold-over from when they were originally kinetic. Those tags don't really matter though, they're used by the autofit, and is irrelevant ona  buillt-in weapon.

Is there any way to get Crystalline/Haunted Worlds to spawn in procedurally generated systems outside of HMI-owned systems?

No, they're only supposed to spawn in their designated systems.

So, speaking of that next update:

Hazard Mining Incorporated 0.3.4

Changes:
-Added the Yowie, a heavily armoured and armed low tech phase cruiser.
-Yowie, Wobbie and Charlie now use an inferior phase system with a long cooldown between uses; all defensive stats buffed.
-Added Barber (LP) for what I hope are obvious reasons.
-Added More (TT) Prototypes (Yes its prolly bloat but I don't care it's happening)
-Added the Decimator, a low tech superfrigate. Comes in Low-Tech, Luddic Church and Pirate flavours.
-Added the Monjeau, a shieldless mech with a movement-based right click system, AAF, two powerful built-in cannons and thick armour.

-Added Remnant Paladin System; it has less charges but it spawns EMP arcs alongside the explosion.
-Added Remnant Hellbore.
-Added Remnant Mining Laser and Remnant Mining Laser Array
-Remnant Railgun is now a hybrid.
-Range reduction script for Remnant weapons actually works.
-Fixed the Messenger's visuals.
-Auctor, Chorum and Revelio have been buffed.

-Upgraded the Category; now it's a properly horrifying sniper.
-Hammerhead (TT) now uses the plasma leap system.
-Dominator (P) gains two new small composites, and its medium mounts gain better arcs.
-The appropriate Domain Derelicts have been given Salvage Gantry and Surveying hullmods, and Nex mining powers
-Junker ships have been slightly fiddled with the existence of Derelict Contingent

-Fiddled with the spawning of the spookyboi to be more consistent for people with small fleet sizes and absolutely nothing else.
-Mess use less fighters, larger ships now break into small Mess Mass vessels; extra Mass ships added
-Non-Progen systems will not spawn in random sector mode.

Download HMI HERE

Brighton Federation 0.0.2
Changes:

-Pre-generated systems will no longer spawn in random sector mode (needs a new game).
-Fixed systems not spawning in Corvus mode
-Added the Apogee (BRV) and Odyssey (BRV)
-Tweaked some descriptions and ship stats

Download Brighton HERE

HMI Supervillians 0.0.2
Changes:

-Actually fixed multiple planets called Genus in the Phylum system and the Black Hole in Prester John being Obscenely Large (Needs a new game to fix)
-Draco's hullmod stats slightly improved.
-Added the Fury (Draco), Heron (Draco), Falcon (Draco), Eagle (Draco), Champion (Draco), Buffalo (Fang), Shepherd (Fang), Malingee (Fang), Mule (Fang), Buho (Fang) and Rata Apunalada (Fang).
-Tweaked spawns rates so 'militarised' ships show up less often.
-Penangellan and Heron (Draco) top speed reduced.
-Pre-generated systems will no longer spawn in random mode (Only applies to new games).

Download Supervillians HERE

A lot of changes involve requiring a new game to fix (Supervillian's names being wrong, the size of Prester John's Black Holes, and systems existing in random sector mode in Nexerellin), but for the most part these updates should be savegame compatible.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2021, 06:54:45 AM »

(Yes its prolly bloat but I don't care it's happening)

If there's a concern about bloat, I think many of the non-HMI ships added in HMI (meaning the ones that aren't junkers, HMI mods, techmined or part of their systems/secret content) could be separated into a simple ship pack. They deserve it too, since there's a lot of them, they're high quality and add a lot to the general sector and some of its factions. I also think that a lot of newer players aren't aware that HMI adds all of those since people don't usually expect that in a faction mod.

Glad to see Brighton updated btw, great little faction mod that slots well in any playthrough.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2021, 07:40:51 AM »

I also think a further split would be nice, but the part that should be separated is remnant ships/weapons.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2021, 08:32:10 AM »

Meanwhile, I'm going to chime in and say I think things are still fine as they are for now. :V

LunaticMethod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2021, 02:00:46 PM »

I'd also like to say that having a version that only adds HMI's star systems and the main ship lineup would be nice.
I'm enjoying the mod so far, but the huge pool of new ship types is a little overwhelming when I'd just like to populate my sector with some interesting factions to begin with. I'd much rather add that sort of variety to future playthroughs instead.
have a day

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2021, 04:49:35 PM »

As a humble bloat farmer myself, seeing all this bloat hate i must come out and say hail to the bloat king! May you shower us with more stuff every update!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 05:20:58 PM by connortron7 »

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 25, 2021, 04:29:10 AM »

Auctor needs another look. It costs the same OP as Khopesh but launches 4 times less missiles per wing, and messengers are somewhat weaker than annihilators to begin with. It probably would be fine if it had the usual 5 shot messenger instead of the excuse of a weapon it has now.

Also, have you considered making those build-in EMP drones the cruiser has modular? Would be cool to have a drone version of Xyphos, especially since automated battlecarriers can't mount those.

QuiGonJon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 29, 2021, 12:55:43 PM »

Question/Suggestion

Why do the "civilized" factions hate you if you saturation bomb the fang society? They are beastmen raider cannibal barbarians that I assume everyone would be happy to see gone. I wanted to essentially go on a purging crusade, but didn't want to make the entire sector hostile against me.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 29, 2021, 01:44:37 PM »

AFAIK, everyone being ~horrified~ if you satbomb anyone is buried deeper in the game's code than most moddable things, and it'd be non-trivial to make certain factions exceptions.

QuiGonJon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2021, 07:53:42 PM »

Well that sucks

Xeno056

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2021, 08:16:56 PM »

Dammit now I have to start another game UUUUGGGHHHHH...

Consider, though, maybe spinning off the remnant and vanilla-ish ships into a separate ship pack; could be worth looking into. You know, after you make a Conquest (TT) variant and all the other midline and most lowtech ships. Varya did that with her mods and the blurb seems to indicate only mild to moderate levels of cranial liquefaction.

Alright seriously: Good job, last two games I did with it were tons of fun with the stuff base HMI brings to the table. Well done, hope to see lots more from you.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2021, 02:35:52 AM »

Just letting you and the others who read this know that the mod BigBeans Ship Compilation https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21358.0 has a conflict with HMI with it's Adventure ship over ridding the Junk ship in the Large Trading ship option from Nexerelin mod starting option. I posted this letting the mod author know in their mods forum section now I am letting you know as well.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 47