Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632214 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError4 Ed., 0.3.3q)
« Reply #390 on: June 08, 2021, 07:42:20 PM »

So uh this might be a bit of a minor thing, but the text for salvaging the Mess station has a typo, Salvor instead of salvage.

Thanks for the catch, I've fixed that in the dev version.

The Crook needs a nerf. Flux-free 600 kinetic DPS with 770 range is too good for 5 DP. Most normal frigates except for the Omen is a easy one-sided battle because of the 770 range.
Also the Nebulite's designation is "Converter Miner" which sounds like a typo, isn't it supposed to be "Converted Miner"?

The Crook I find is fine, as the flux free damage is dependent on it's ablative drone armour. When the Crook comes up against any HE it falls apart rapidly as it loses both protection and the kinetic output. Thanks for the catch on the Miner, I'll fix that in the next version.

Yo, this mod is fire. Thank you.

Just curious, I remember there was another mod of yours that called First Persean Empire and I can't find it anywhere. Did that mod's name changed or deleted?

That particular mod is currently unavailable on the forums due to its content. Until (or even if) things change, the mod will only be available on the unofficial Discord server.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 08, 2021, 08:23:22 PM »

There are so many parts of this mod's content that I've become so used to that I just take them for granted.
So many things left and right that I forget all come from this one mod. Calling it Hazard Mining Incorporated almost feels like a shame because it is much more than just a faction mod. I've never used the Supervillains because it's not my kind of content but everything else is top notch.
Godspeed on any future work on it.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 16, 2021, 03:52:41 AM »

Great mod, really ditto to a lot of what helldiver said above, i really want to get my hands on the locomotive.
Sidenote, i think the shaded cove pirate base is setup incorrectly, it doesnt have freeport enabled and as such has by base -14% accessibility. Meaning it has literally no export capacity... and i must visit it soon.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 17, 2021, 05:15:24 AM »

Yo, this mod is fire. Thank you.

Just curious, I remember there was another mod of yours that called First Persean Empire and I can't find it anywhere. Did that mod's name changed or deleted?

You can lurking his bitbucket repos :)))

Spoiler
Please don't axe me, King.
[close]
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 17, 2021, 08:46:09 AM »

Just wanted to report a few minor bugs, first Object 108's creep drive ship system regenerates charges so fast it never runs out of charges in the simulator even if you indefinitely hold down the ship system key. The Greasy has the wrong ship description, the Hornworks description calls it the Barbicon, and Soul in the Mercy system is missing the habitable condition. Last thing I want to ask is if it's intended that the domres Sapper and Hornworks don't receive any hull mods over the base model, just better weapon mounts.

Late edit, I forgot to mention that you should increase the market value of the remnant weapons for those of us that use nex and the remnant contact it adds, right now the remnant weapons are so cheap as a general rule they utterly obsolete quite a bit of stuff for your whole fleet once you get access to that contact.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 03:08:28 AM by Spess Mahren »

Kirschbra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 17, 2021, 12:38:41 PM »

So I'm looking to add some new factions to my game and this one looks good and appears to blend well with the theme of the sector, my question is it balanced?  in the past when I've played I've added factions that were just insanely op

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 17, 2021, 10:08:21 PM »

So I'm looking to add some new factions to my game and this one looks good and appears to blend well with the theme of the sector, my question is it balanced?  in the past when I've played I've added factions that were just insanely op

HMI should be pretty balanced, actually a lot of current .95 mods are pretty balanced.

xzardas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 18, 2021, 07:05:09 AM »

HMI is pretty well balanced, it does not even have any weapons that become stupid strong when used on other ships, Locomotive can be broken but this can be said about any player controled ship.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 18, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

HMI is pretty well balanced, it does not even have any weapons that become stupid strong when used on other ships, Locomotive can be broken but this can be said about any player controled ship.
After trying a run or two as HMI, yeah they're fine. And for the first time i think ever, i actually got dunked on by a gremlin... ow... hellbores

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 19, 2021, 04:09:04 PM »

I love this mod, all the ships are very well made and it adds a huge amount of variety, which really helps with hitting the 'sweet spot' for having a large variety of ships without them feeling too redundant. I'm a big fan of the tech-mined ships in particular. I found a Herakles BP very early on so now it is the main battleship of my colonies.

On a sidenote, the Suleiman costs 250 000 credits to produce while the Scarecrow costs only 90 000 even though they seem pretty evenly matched. Am I missing something here? Was it meant to be considerably better, or are the prices not meant to reflect their usefulness that much? I got them both prioritized for my colony, now I wonder if that's a bad idea, like if production costs matter much for my colonies' fleets.

Also some ship names seem inconsistent. (Suleiman/Sulemain, Ascendant/Ascendente/Ascendate)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 04:54:07 PM by Big Bee »

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 30, 2021, 08:32:02 AM »

> -Yowie, Wobbie and Charlie now use an inferior phase system with a long cooldown between uses, all defensive stats buffed

me who also uses unusually gullible hullmods, including the inversed phase coils: it's free real estate

HyperionSniper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 01, 2021, 07:48:32 AM »

The Soul colony in Mercy has a building called 'Church of Eva Complex' which doesn't show up on the list of structures/industries (but does when it belongs to the Church), making it unremovable. Also it has massive upkeep costs. I'm told that this building came from HMI, so is this intentional or a bug?

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 01, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »

seems to be a bit weird with Nex, as the HMI systems are being forced to spawn with the same planet/station ownership regardless whether or not 'random core systems' are turned on or not and HMI and all the other factions in them will still exist there even if I disable them in the faction settings when making a new save.

HyperionSniper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 01, 2021, 11:50:17 AM »

seems to be a bit weird with Nex, as the HMI systems are being forced to spawn with the same planet/station ownership regardless whether or not 'random core systems' are turned on or not and HMI and all the other factions in them will still exist there even if I disable them in the faction settings when making a new save.
My issue is also related to Nexerelin, so maybe this mod is just incompatible.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 01, 2021, 11:59:03 AM »

The Soul colony in Mercy has a building called 'Church of Eva Complex' which doesn't show up on the list of structures/industries (but does when it belongs to the Church), making it unremovable. Also it has massive upkeep costs. I'm told that this building came from HMI, so is this intentional or a bug?
It's supposed to dissapear when the market is owned by a non-path faction, unfortunately, that bring massive cost issues. There should be a way to remove the Eva complex with console commands, but I'm blanking out on the exact name of the complex command-wise.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47