Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632521 times)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError Ed., 0.3.3n)
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2021, 02:49:35 AM »

Ah, the factions are apparently from Vayra's Sector. Even if you don't have it enabled, HMI still shows previews of their faction-specific ship skins, which got me confused.

Remnants are most likely just poor RNG, was asking to make sure.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2021, 09:44:25 AM »

What about making DomRes drones recoverable with a proper skill? Maybe they would always demand a story point to do so but recovering one or two might be fun.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2021, 09:51:23 AM »

DomRes drones are recoverable with auto recovery skill, when I raided Manchester system I was able to recover them. except Guradian Station, they are improved versions of derelicts but still not being very useful, Mess ships are not recoverable through.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2021, 09:53:16 AM »

DomRes are incredibly useful for certain things. Which I'm not going to reveal, because it will be nerfed in a heartbeat.  8)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2021, 02:45:18 PM »

Alright, finished with the mod, have a couple things to report.

1) The edgy 200 DP thing can't spawn if battlesize is set to 300 (default). You get an empty battlefield, can't do anything but retreat, and retreating causes you to take harass CR damage. Also, the first time I saw it there was 1, but on my current save (same starsector version, same mod version) where I actually did the fight there were 2 (fought one after the other). Working as intended?

2) The +10% CR hullmod doesn't actually grant +10% CR. Or, rather, it grants +10% current CR, so you go from 70% to 77%. Also, I'm not sure what the downside is. It says something is decreased by 4, but everything in the stat screen seems unchanged. Is it the rate of CR degradation after PPT runs out? The description probably could use a better wording.

3) The descriptions of remnant mess fighter wings mention that they can be safely manufactured by carriers if LPCs are retrieved. This sounds to me like they should be lootable. However, all of them have the no_drop tag, so obtaining them seems impossible. Did I miss some secret stash or did you just straight up lie to me?  :D

4) Salvaging the debree field left after the edgy station gave me a second copy of the colony facility blueprint. Not gamebreaking, but still.

5) DomRes drones are very, VERY broken, when recovered. Please don't nerf.  ;D

witchking321

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2021, 10:26:31 PM »

Using the discord beta, 0.3.3n beta and recently restarted because of bugs in a different mod.

It appears the same bug which affected Manchester, is present in Mansa too.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
That jump point is aimed at the system next to it and will lead to a crash.

Spoiler
[close]
But a working inner jump point exist too.

I checked the other system and it only has single fringe jump point which should be likely an inner one.
Spoiler
[close]

Realm

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2021, 11:42:39 PM »

Will the Explorarium Drones added (not the DomRes ones) get a second look in the future with the addition of Automated Ships? They're currently fairly underwhelming. On the lower end, the Embrasure feels like it doesn't really have a purpose to the player (Especially for 9 DP), I would've hoped it might at least have Salvage Gantry/Surveying Equipment given it's background - or perhaps a strong bonus to Nex mining. While on the higher end, the rarer Object classes have potential and are quite cool in their design, yet end up quite lackluster compared to their Remnant and DomRes alternatives just by their exceedingly high DP costs.

I hope this feedback doesn't come off as too vague, I'm just hoping the drones might get a bit more love to be more appealing to the player in the future.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError2 Ed., 0.3.3o)
« Reply #382 on: May 22, 2021, 12:53:17 AM »

Alright, finished with the mod, have a couple things to report.

1) The edgy 200 DP thing can't spawn if battlesize is set to 300 (default). You get an empty battlefield, can't do anything but retreat, and retreating causes you to take harass CR damage. Also, the first time I saw it there was 1, but on my current save (same starsector version, same mod version) where I actually did the fight there were 2 (fought one after the other). Working as intended?

Right now my code-fu isn't good enough to solve this. Similarly, it's not good enough to prevent picking up two copies of the hullmod.

2) The +10% CR hullmod doesn't actually grant +10% CR. Or, rather, it grants +10% current CR, so you go from 70% to 77%. Also, I'm not sure what the downside is. It says something is decreased by 4, but everything in the stat screen seems unchanged. Is it the rate of CR degradation after PPT runs out? The description probably could use a better wording.

Huh, that's weird. Maybe something weird happened between versions? I'm not too bothered by it though, it's still a good bonus. Also in the next version I specify that you lose CR by a factor of 4 rather than the ambiguous description it had.

3) The descriptions of remnant mess fighter wings mention that they can be safely manufactured by carriers if LPCs are retrieved. This sounds to me like they should be lootable. However, all of them have the no_drop tag, so obtaining them seems impossible. Did I miss some secret stash or did you just straight up lie to me?  :D

At the moment, I am straight up lying. It's one of those things I say I'll get around to doing, and then forget about doing it. Right now the current form of fighters is nearly balanced, but are still a level of broken as fitting for a boss faction. So I've got to rebalance them so they're pickupable but not broken. Also I want to do more work on the Mess, considering that we now have certain infrastructure in place (courtesy of a certain dorito ship)

5) DomRes drones are very, VERY broken, when recovered. Please don't nerf.  ;D

It seems noone can decide out whether Domres drones are broken or not in the players hands. I'll leave them as is at the moment, and see which one wins out.
Thanks for the feedback!

Using the discord beta, 0.3.3n beta and recently restarted because of bugs in a different mod...

Fair cop, I missed that jump point as well, much to my frustration. In current games the Mansa system will crash the game, but new games from the next update will resolve this. Apologies.

Will the Explorarium Drones added (not the DomRes ones) get a second look in the future with the addition of Automated Ships?

No, they won't. I didn't really make those ships to be used by the player, but to enrich the experience of fighting against derelict ships. Traditionally Domain Derelicts are early game bosses, that beginners can fight and get a grip for the game - in that spirit the Embrasure is used to introduce and act as a source of energy weapons, the barbican to introduce and act as a source of large weapons and the Embrasure exists to show the player what a carrier is and how to defeat one. When the fleets get bigger I found that they became rather monotonous with only two derelict cruisers, hence the inclusion of the Bracket and Outworks to mix things up a little.

Finally I felt that it'd be cool for players fighting Derelicts to be given an occassional challenge in the mid to late game - nothing too hard, but something different and interesting. That's where the Objects come in - the 108 is faster than you expect for a derelict, the 361 packs more flexibility and more punch than a derelict should, and the 440 mixes up the traditional derelict fight by introducing a giant, strong shield. Each of the ships can be defeated by an early player, but they're weird enough to mix up fighting the derelicts so it's less of a monotonous experience in the mid to late game. From that perspective you shouldn't be using them as an automated ship - the remnant and domres ships are flat out better, as they should be.

Now, speaking of the next update:

HMI 0.3.3o (HiddenError2 Ed.):
-Fixed the Mansa jumppoint error - this will not apply to games currently in progress. You can keep playing your save, but you must avoid Mansa system to prevent crashes. Apologies about this, I thought I had all of them covered when I did the last release.
-Certain dangerous hidden systems should now not be picked for missions (This will require a new game)
-Remnant Burst Laser range increased to 450
-Remnant Dual Autocannon and Heavy Autocannon now do EMP arcs 15% of the time rather than 25%
-Added Remnant Mark IX Cannon and Remnant Gauss Cannon.

HMI 0.3.3q HOTFIX Because I am a Muppet
-Fixed the Remnant Pulse Laser having a 500 second cooldown and a 2.5 burst size
-Fixed the Remnant Pulse Laser and IR Pulse Laser to be more efficient
-Fixed the Remnant Mark IX being the incorrect mount type
-Fixed the Remnant Gauss Cannon being the incorrect mount type and ridiculously OP by shortening its range and making it less efficient.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Realm

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2021, 02:00:10 PM »

Finally I felt that it'd be cool for players fighting Derelicts to be given an occassional challenge in the mid to late game - nothing too hard, but something different and interesting. That's where the Objects come in - the 108 is faster than you expect for a derelict, the 361 packs more flexibility and more punch than a derelict should, and the 440 mixes up the traditional derelict fight by introducing a giant, strong shield. Each of the ships can be defeated by an early player, but they're weird enough to mix up fighting the derelicts so it's less of a monotonous experience in the mid to late game. From that perspective you shouldn't be using them as an automated ship - the remnant and domres ships are flat out better, as they should be.
For Derelicts intending to be beginner friendly, I would agree if not that using mods in the first place is not a common thing for beginners, especially in-depth content mods like factions and ship packs - and while I can understand keeping them lower power, the Embrasure in particular just felt somewhat off given it's background as a utility/salvaging drone yet having no value in either salvaging or mining. It made it feel like it just shouldn't be recoverable to begin with.

Regardless of the normal Derelicts though I suppose I should ask, do you ever plan on implementing DomRes versions of the Object classes? Even perhaps just for an IBB/HVB?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2021, 09:13:23 PM »

For Derelicts intending to be beginner friendly, I would agree if not that using mods in the first place is not a common thing for beginners, especially in-depth content mods like factions and ship packs - and while I can understand keeping them lower power, the Embrasure in particular just felt somewhat off given it's background as a utility/salvaging drone yet having no value in either salvaging or mining. It made it feel like it just shouldn't be recoverable to begin with.

Regardless of the normal Derelicts though I suppose I should ask, do you ever plan on implementing DomRes versions of the Object classes? Even perhaps just for an IBB/HVB?

In all honesty...I was originally working with the intent that they shouldn't be recoverable, or at least be so useless that they shouldn't be recoverable by the time you get the skill the gain control of derelict ships. By thtat point, your attention should be on far better Remnant ships.

As for DomRes versions of the Objects, the 361 might find its way into the Domres fleets while I have an idea for a fun HVB with the 108, but that doesn't involve them being Domres verions of the ships.

HOTFIX in the post above - I made a mistake due to doing calculations in the spreadsheet that ended up being used to make the csv, and I've had some harsh feedback on the Discord server.

xzardas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError4 Ed., 0.3.3q)
« Reply #385 on: May 24, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »

HMI_Supervillains causes game to crash when loaded with Nexterlin.
Is this your mod causing it or I messed something in game files?

AlhazredTheMad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2021, 03:18:38 PM »

Is there any other mods or ways in this mod to get a support ship/drone/hull mod to repair hull for the junkers? I love the idea of that slower tankier strategy but the only one I've seen is a repair drone from ED Shipyard that is out of date and not usable.

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 01, 2021, 12:45:09 PM »

So uh this might be a bit of a minor thing, but the text for salvaging the Mess station has a typo, Salvor instead of salvage.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »

The Crook needs a nerf. Flux-free 600 kinetic DPS with 770 range is too good for 5 DP. Most normal frigates except for the Omen is a easy one-sided battle because of the 770 range.
Also the Nebulite's designation is "Converter Miner" which sounds like a typo, isn't it supposed to be "Converted Miner"?

kirpi17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2021, 03:20:56 AM »

Yo, this mod is fire. Thank you.

Just curious, I remember there was another mod of yours that called First Persean Empire and I can't find it anywhere. Did that mod's name changed or deleted?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47