Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632637 times)

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (THE FUTURE Ed., 0.3.3l)
« Reply #360 on: April 22, 2021, 10:48:06 AM »

Awesome, thank you for the update! This is one of my favorite factions.

Luck0318

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 22, 2021, 11:20:48 AM »

Damn this mod looks amazing! Thank you for sharing!!

Chronia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 22, 2021, 11:25:23 AM »

Edit: never-mind my "bug report" about the Greasy, I'm a dumb who can't read :P

DOKER

• Ensign
  • Onslaught goes BRRRRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 22, 2021, 04:12:44 PM »

having a ctd during combat (mostly against pirates) with this in the log
2799046 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found
java.lang.RuntimeException: Texture [trails_trail_zappy] from category [fx] not found
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getSprite(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.MagicAutoTrails.createTrailSegment(MagicAutoTrails.java:156)
   at data.scripts.plugins.MagicAutoTrails.advance(MagicAutoTrails.java:147)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.OO0O$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.super.OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
i just checked fx folder there only texture called "nia_trails_zappy" while in error message game calls for "trails_trail_zappy" might this be the culprit?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:02:14 PM by ZXXDOKERXXZ »
Dumplings with sour cream is true food of the gods!

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (THE FUTURE Ed., 0.3.3m)
« Reply #364 on: April 22, 2021, 10:07:04 PM »

WHOOPS, sorry about that! I tend to use trailer moments and co-ordinate with the authour about trails. I accidentally used one of their trails in the mod without realising I hadn't updated it properly.

HOTFIX 0.3.3m
-Fixed Zappy Trails error.
-Increased OP cost of Baffler to 16 OP.
-Fixed one or two discription errors.
-Remnant weapons no longer show up at Prism Freeport
-Remnant weapons now have the 'Remnant' design type.

DOWNLOAD HMI HERE

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (HiddenError Ed., 0.3.3n)
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2021, 07:28:42 PM »

Alright, so something unusual has happened in this mod, which requires a touch of explanation. For my hidden content, I implemented a system that folds a lot of different system data into a single file. The upside is that you can place everything into a single constellation. The downside is that sometimes certain things within one file, that would be contained in one file, can now infect other system data in the same file.

The result is that Manchester system has a faulty jumppoint, that instead of taking you to Manchester, tries tot ake you to a different system, which is can't and crashes the game. This update will fix this issue, but due to the way sector generation works, this update won't fix a game in progress.

So, you can continue playing the game with this update, however if you enter or attempt to enter the Manchester system's Inner jump point the game will crash. In order to avoid this issue, you can download the update and restart, however that comes with the cost of tanking your current progress, or continue playing the game, but miss out on Manchester and it's hidden contant.

I deeply apologise that this has happened to those currently midway through a run about this, this issue is rather unusual and not immediately apparent at first glance.

Download the update here.

Tase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2021, 04:26:55 PM »

For the savvy users, what is the incorrect XML and what is the expected XML?

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2021, 03:01:49 AM »

I wondered about this, but thought it was something Else! (that I'd done)
Is using the Inner jump point gameplay significant? or Can I just continue and avoid it by using the Outer point or Transverse Jumping?
Probably going to start a New run soon anyway, but just curious if there was any particular reason to specifically use the inner point compared to other methods of entry/egress.

Wet_Mushroom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2021, 01:23:50 PM »

Just a small thing noticed there were no thruster effects when using the Fang Chimera, Colossus.

Just wondering for the supervillains factions do you plan on adding a big capital class ship for them would love to play as just them though late game they seem a tad weak. Unless that's what you were going for.

Great mod btw.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 02:08:49 PM by Wet_Mushroom »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2021, 11:13:36 PM »

I wondered about this, but thought it was something Else! (that I'd done)
Is using the Inner jump point gameplay significant? or Can I just continue and avoid it by using the Outer point or Transverse Jumping?
Probably going to start a New run soon anyway, but just curious if there was any particular reason to specifically use the inner point compared to other methods of entry/egress.

Apologies for the late reply; You can avoid the inner jump point entirely, but I've had reports where coming close to the jump point is enough to cause the crash.

Just a small thing noticed there were no thruster effects when using the Fang Chimera, Colossus.

Just wondering for the supervillains factions do you plan on adding a big capital class ship for them would love to play as just them though late game they seem a tad weak. Unless that's what you were going for.

Great mod btw.

I'll look into the thruster effects, not entirely sure why they would've disappeared. And I planned on these guys being like pirates; a good challenge early to mid game, but not particularly strong in the late game. I might make a bigger capital or maybe something more unique in a smaller ship class.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »

Can I make suggestion?

I like campaign exploration additions like mess systems, systems with Domain Resurgent drones and such, I think is good idea generate these systems in random sector mode in Nex, just like Arsenal Expansion spawns same IX Battlegroup system even with random sector mode, or make random generated systems with Mess or DomRes presence and with Red Water and Crystal worlds :)

Tase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2021, 12:01:32 PM »

Moving the mouse over the jump point will crash the game, that's what people are experiencing when getting close to it

iseethings

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 29, 2021, 03:09:05 AM »

I'm spoiler tagging this for people who don''t know about the system yet, but I am appearing to be having a crash similar to the one fixed at manchester.

Spoiler
Uh, so the mansa system has a jump point next to the MESS station that crashes my game when I hover my mouse cursor over it.

This was the error message-

141409 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.JumpPointTooltipFactory$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.E.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Honestly I would have stripped all my mods and checked for mod conflicts if I didn't have a suspicion that it is a similar problem to the one previously hotfixed.

Edit: Im a moron and called manchester manatura.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 29, 2021, 05:42:19 AM »

Having a blast with this one, can't believe I never played it before.  :D

Sadly I still can't find (allegedly?) 4 new factions spoiled to me by the menu ship previewes. Already checked everything that was a blatant NGE reference, so out of ideas now.

And to clarify, is the pink explorarium quest over after you blow up their working station and collect the blueprints? I fat fingered the post-battle text and skipped most of it. Would be nice if player got intel entries for special stuff they find. Not arrows or anything, but just the same mission text in a place where you can reread it.

Edit: also can't find any normal remnant systems at all after several dozen hours. Have you removed them in favor of something else, or do they simply spawn less because of the competition for slots? Only mods are HMI+brighton+supervillains and libs.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:56:18 AM by Amoebka »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 29, 2021, 07:42:36 PM »

I'm spoiler tagging this for people who don''t know about the system yet, but I am appearing to be having a crash similar to the one fixed at manchester.

Dammit, will look into it.

Having a blast with this one, can't believe I never played it before.  :D

Sadly I still can't find (allegedly?) 4 new factions spoiled to me by the menu ship previewes. Already checked everything that was a blatant NGE reference, so out of ideas now.

And to clarify, is the pink explorarium quest over after you blow up their working station and collect the blueprints? I fat fingered the post-battle text and skipped most of it. Would be nice if player got intel entries for special stuff they find. Not arrows or anything, but just the same mission text in a place where you can reread it.

Edit: also can't find any normal remnant systems at all after several dozen hours. Have you removed them in favor of something else, or do they simply spawn less because of the competition for slots? Only mods are HMI+brighton+supervillains and libs.

-I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the allegedly four new factions; HMI adds one, Brighton adds one, and Supervillains add two.
-Yes, that is the end of the 'quest', and adding in persistent text is a bit troublesome and beyond my abilities to code.
-HMI doesn't affect the spawning of Remnant systems. I'm not sure exactly what could be causing this beyond poor rng.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47