Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632163 times)

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2020, 01:21:12 AM »

I tried again on a new save and it works, but I really don't wanna abandon my current save, is there any way to fix or reset seele? I really wanna fight those monster ships and see what's in that station.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2020, 08:52:57 PM »

I tried again on a new save and it works, but I really don't wanna abandon my current save, is there any way to fix or reset seele? I really wanna fight those monster ships and see what's in that station.

Sorry, I'm afraid not. The problems are essentially 'baked in' to the map when you start a new game, and this can't be changed post-start.

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2e)
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2020, 02:28:04 AM »

Sorry, I'm afraid not. The problems are essentially 'baked in' to the map when you start a new game, and this can't be changed post-start.
Oh well, need to update a few mods anyway, thx for the help.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.2, 0.2.2f)
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2020, 08:24:00 PM »

Just a quick hotfix update:

-Tweaked the Communist Herakles to be it's own ship hull instead of a skin. This enables me to make it more balanced within a tournament setting, while also preventing the crash associated with its hullmod.
QUICKFIX - changed to match skin id.
QUICKFIX 2 - Altered the Variant and roles.json as well
QUICKFIX 3 - Fixed the variant file properly this time
-Tweaked the Mark IV Autocannon to be inferior to the Mark IX, unless you have expanded magazines.

Save Compatible. Download Here.

wizardcain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.3, 0.2.2f)
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »

the highlighted part below
compare herakles and herakles rc

[attachment deleted by admin]

KoolAidWizard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tournament Nerf Ed.3, 0.2.2f)
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2020, 11:24:53 PM »

Just a heads up, updating from the 1.12.20 version to the one updated today seems to knockout version checker (no game start updated, no 'v' key response); reverting back corrected the issue.  Great mod btw: really enjoyed my HMI play through.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2020, 06:52:53 AM »

Thanks! Great Mod too! I love low tech variant of Tri-tach ship, but can you make it compatible with Commission Crew mod?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

tseikk1

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2020, 06:03:16 PM »

Probably my favourite faction mod! The junker ships are very cool and fun, both thematically and mechanically. I love throwing my disposable heaps of safety-overridden scrap into the fray to fight to the death, just for them to come back stronger. The greasy especially is a big favourite of mine. What's scarier than an assault chaingun armed safety-overridden frigate? An assault chaingun armed safety overridden frigate with two sabots and an antimatter blaster. I love trying out different builds for roach king and cockroach. If only there was a junker battleship or battlecruiser... (Please collaborate with Underworld and make their junker ships work like yours!)

The reconstructed droneships feel a bit underwhelming (except for the Rampart) but that's okay. Not everything needs to be super strong.

The weapons are okay, maybe a bit too weak, same goes for the fighters (except the scale, it's awesome!) and other ships. Hippocampus and Herakles might be just a little overcosted.

About the star systems and colonies: They feel... weird. From what I read I was expecting a lot more reward and a lot more danger. Pirate fleets at Kamikaze are of good size, but they often get stuck outside the map borders(???) and don't seem to be able to navigate back. Luddic path fleets still aren't scary enough, since they get big accessibility penalties leading to almost permanent shortages and also haven't got access to even a single heavy industry, so they get a massive penalty to ship quality. (to be honest they really could use one, they are a joke in the base game too) The nanite swarms are fine.
The biggest thing that grinds my gears: The little amounts of their respective special resources the colonies have to trade. It feels awful to accept a mission to deliver red water to a colony, only to realize the only colony that produces it has such a tiny amount of it for sale it isn't even enough. The resources aren't even that valuable. My suggestion: Up the danger of said system and also up the rewards.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tweaks Ed.3, 0.2.2g)
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2020, 07:51:58 PM »

the highlighted part below
compare herakles and herakles rc

Whoops, Thanks for the catch!

Just a heads up, updating from the 1.12.20 version to the one updated today seems to knockout version checker (no game start updated, no 'v' key response); reverting back corrected the issue.  Great mod btw: really enjoyed my HMI play through.

Not entirely sure about this issue - I haven't seen it in my version. Do you delete the mod file before you replace them?

Thanks! Great Mod too! I love low tech variant of Tri-tach ship, but can you make it compatible with Commission Crew mod?

I think I did add a hullmod for comissioned crews in the latest version?

Probably my favourite faction mod! The junker ships are very cool and fun, both thematically and mechanically. I love throwing my disposable heaps of safety-overridden scrap into the fray to fight to the death, just for them to come back stronger. The greasy especially is a big favourite of mine. What's scarier than an assault chaingun armed safety-overridden frigate? An assault chaingun armed safety overridden frigate with two sabots and an antimatter blaster. I love trying out different builds for roach king and cockroach. If only there was a junker battleship or battlecruiser... (Please collaborate with Underworld and make their junker ships work like yours!)

Glad you're having fun! I'm currently thinking of making a Modular Junker Battleship (like the Cathedral, except more ghetto), but that's really far down the pipeline.

The reconstructed droneships feel a bit underwhelming (except for the Rampart) but that's okay. Not everything needs to be super strong.

The weapons are okay, maybe a bit too weak, same goes for the fighters (except the scale, it's awesome!) and other ships.

The reconstructed droneships are weak, but they're cheap and easily massable. The weapons and fighters are also supposed to be incredibly niche in how they're used, as they are weapons that have long since faded out of usage in the rest of the Sector.

Hippocampus and Herakles might be just a little overcosted.

In the next update, I'm dropping the DP of the Herakles a bit. The Hippocampus is overcosted due to balance reasons; any cheaper and it'll outstrip other survey ships as an effective combat and support vessel.

About the star systems and colonies: They feel... weird. From what I read I was expecting a lot more reward and a lot more danger. Pirate fleets at Kamikaze are of good size, but they often get stuck outside the map borders(???) and don't seem to be able to navigate back. Luddic path fleets still aren't scary enough, since they get big accessibility penalties leading to almost permanent shortages and also haven't got access to even a single heavy industry, so they get a massive penalty to ship quality. (to be honest they really could use one, they are a joke in the base game too) The nanite swarms are fine.

I'm afraid I can't do much about the pirate and luddic path fleets. In the case of Kamikaze the threat is the giant pulsar rather than the pirate fleets. I'm thinking of boosting the patrols around Soul in the future, but again, that's far down the pipeline. Good to hear the nanite swarms are providing a challenge.

The biggest thing that grinds my gears: The little amounts of their respective special resources the colonies have to trade. It feels awful to accept a mission to deliver red water to a colony, only to realize the only colony that produces it has such a tiny amount of it for sale it isn't even enough. The resources aren't even that valuable. My suggestion: Up the danger of said system and also up the rewards.

There's a lot of things behind the scenes that make improving the rewards difficult, as it tends to play havoc with the economy system in the background of the game. Further, something about making 'exotic' items more expensive the further form the source they are, is currrently not working as intended in the base game. Unfortunately until certain things are changed on Alex's end, this will have to be the best I can do.

And speaking of that future update.

MINIFIX UPDATE:
-Herakles DP changed from 60 to 55, and fixed the subtle graphical error on the righthand side of the ship.
-The Junker Hullmods now have a malus to fighter quality and engagement range with increasing number of d-mods; running a high d-modded Fishkill is now less overpowered and more risky to use in combat.
-Changed the DP of the Berserker (Scav) from 16 to 14; I went too far in balancing this thing.
-Dropped the DP of several (Scav) ships to make them a bit more attractive in swarm fleets.

Download here. Savegame compatible.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Tweaks Ed., 0.2.2g)
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2020, 08:40:22 PM »

This mod is the reason I got into Starsector modding, thank you so much my King!

However I do have some problems, HMI getting wiped out by Luddic Church has become too common in my game, I'm also using your Luddic Enchancement mod btw, they became quite the Subversive Cult, dictating the whole galaxy, whoever disagrees either gets a visit from the Path or the Knights :O

Some of the new systems lack stable locations, some places the HMI is so undefended they easily get wiped from bandits, also I haven't seen a single HMI battlefleet, I guess they're busy somewhere...

May I recommend a new faction to give both HMI and Lud some trouble? Bandits, Junkers and Marauders, a version of Pirates, but exclusive to Luddic Church and HMI sub-sectors, a level above pirates, they use lots of improvised ships from both the Path and the Pirates, with even crazier contraption ships, I was thinking underworld level ships like the Sidecar hahaha, they're crazier, harder to deal with, they are probably cannibals as well, something you'd see in Space Pirates and Zombies 2 "Bandit Faction"
SPAZ2 is quite fun game, really similar to this one come to think of it.. :O

Thank you for your hard work King Alfonzo! my starsector experience has been improved with your mods greatly!
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2020, 06:52:58 PM »

Hello, don't you think what "Junk" have a bit overpowered logistic stats? It's only downside is burn speed of 5 which is easely can be countered by augmented drive field what gives you 7 in total. Problem with this ship what he is overshadow:
Atlas, Prometheus, Infernus (modded combat super tanker), Barrus (modded combat freighter) and even your own Fishkill.
Just the fact of this ship exist in game makes literally every other freighter, tanker and troop transport unnecessary, useless.

I don't want to create exel docs with side by side comparsion, this is just to obvious, only completely biased man will say what "junk is balanced". Look at maintenance cost and fuel usage per light year of other freighters, tankers and troop transports. Long story short: Junk have best maintenance costs per payload unit, on top of that it have one of the best capacities in each class of all 3 classes.

Including modded ships very few tankers can carry more fuel than Junk and they all a lot more hungry in terms of supplies and fuel. Very few freighters can carry more than Junk and again they all more expensive. Every single troop tranport just unused, you always have spare crew space if you need to establish colony, or whatever. You simply just don't think about purchasing something like valkyrie or starliner, never.

Playstyle with Junk just brainless, once get one there is no need to worry about building support fleet. Eventually you grow bigger, this require bigger quantities of fuel and cargo - simply just buy the 2nd junk, or even 3rd. Thats it, you done with your auxiliary fleet, except maybe just 1-2 Ox Tugs\Salvage rigs.

Solutions? Nerf his oversized general stats, at least fuel and crew capacity from 2000 to 1000 each, also augmented drive field must be built-in hull mod, so this ship is actually gonna travel with intendent 5 burn level. Don't forget what with expanded cargo hold this thing became even more OP, yes, such large cargo holds makes sence for mining barge, but it shouldn't be universal ship without any flaws which can even serve as a flagship if fitted right.

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:21 PM »

Say, I'd like to prevent kamikaze, Mercy and Obsidian from spawning to cut down on the number of markets with chronic shortages in the F1 trading menu. I've figured out how to remove the markets during generation(delete from the Econ config files) but I don't know how to get rid of the systems themselves. How is this done? Thank you

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2020, 07:15:48 PM »

This mod is the reason I got into Starsector modding, thank you so much my King!

However I do have some problems, HMI getting wiped out by Luddic Church has become too common in my game, I'm also using your Luddic Enchancement mod btw, they became quite the Subversive Cult, dictating the whole galaxy, whoever disagrees either gets a visit from the Path or the Knights :O

Some of the new systems lack stable locations, some places the HMI is so undefended they easily get wiped from bandits, also I haven't seen a single HMI battlefleet, I guess they're busy somewhere...

May I recommend a new faction to give both HMI and Lud some trouble? Bandits, Junkers and Marauders, a version of Pirates, but exclusive to Luddic Church and HMI sub-sectors, a level above pirates, they use lots of improvised ships from both the Path and the Pirates, with even crazier contraption ships, I was thinking underworld level ships like the Sidecar hahaha, they're crazier, harder to deal with, they are probably cannibals as well, something you'd see in Space Pirates and Zombies 2 "Bandit Faction"
SPAZ2 is quite fun game, really similar to this one come to think of it.. :O

Thank you for your hard work King Alfonzo! my starsector experience has been improved with your mods greatly!

No Probs Rogue! I'm glad someone is having fun with my faction.

In regards to no stable points in systems, getting wiped early and having poor fleets; this is because the HMI are a faction that just scrapes by by scraping the bottom of the barrel. They're meant to be a weak faction, and also a faction the player might want to eliminate or take over in the early stages of a sector wide invasion. Further, they're the kind of guys who will colonise areas that lack stable locations if there's a shred of profit to exploit.

In regards to a faction to give them trouble - they already have space werewolves and space vampires giving them grief in Galena, and Grey Goo in Opuntia, along with the pirates and Luddites in Kamikaze and Mercy, respectively.

Hello, don't you think what "Junk" have a bit overpowered logistic stats?
Solutions? Nerf his oversized general stats, at least fuel and crew capacity from 2000 to 1000 each, also augmented drive field must be built-in hull mod, so this ship is actually gonna travel with intendent 5 burn level. Don't forget what with expanded cargo hold this thing became even more OP, yes, such large cargo holds makes sence for mining barge, but it shouldn't be universal ship without any flaws which can even serve as a flagship if fitted right.

Thanks for the criticism! I'll have a look at the stats and make the logistics more balanced in the next version. Although the ship was made with that last idea in mind; you could outfit this thing to work as a flagship, but you need to work at it. This should be a bit more difficult to do with a heavier logistics profile. Also worth noting - the Fishkill is getting whacked with a very strong logistics nerf in the next update, so it's less overpowered.

Say, I'd like to prevent kamikaze, Mercy and Obsidian from spawning to cut down on the number of markets with chronic shortages in the F1 trading menu. I've figured out how to remove the markets during generation(delete from the Econ config files) but I don't know how to get rid of the systems themselves. How is this done? Thank you

Unfortunately that will require you to go into the src folder, going to the gen file and removing the code that generates those systems, and then recompiling the jar file from the src folder.

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2020, 12:45:38 PM »

Unfortunately that will require you to go into the src folder, going to the gen file and removing the code that generates those systems, and then recompiling the jar file from the src folder.

A bit above my paygrade then, thanks for explaining though! Have you considered doing a light version of the mod that just adds the ships and equipment to the vanilla factions?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:05:14 PM by McMuster »

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2020, 06:16:18 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzBP6C_vm8U

I'll just leave it laying here. Said everything what i think earlier, but just in case, I briefly duplicated my opinion in the video description.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:59:47 PM by PainProjection »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47