Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632615 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (BOLD TEXT, 0.2.1d)
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »

While I have been quiet recently, it's because I've been workking on getting some procgen stuff into the mod, while also making updates. Unfortunately, I have been having difficulties in doing this, while the number of issues with HMI has increased. Consequently I am releasing this update without the procgen content available. Thanks for all the feedback and criticisms!

This update WILL BREAK SAVES, but should be overall a much better experience. Download HERE.

Current changelog:
Spoiler
Ships:
-Added the Trapdoor; a Talon armed only with a single bomb.
-Upped the supply cost of the Donkey and Ass.
-The Donkey no longer has a salvage gantry.
-Fixed the assault suite on the Hammerhead (TT) to actually cut range.
-Upped the speed of the Remora drones and gave them a description; Remora now has civilian hull.
-May have tweaked a few other stats on a few ships.

Weapons:
-Attempted to, once again, reduce the spawn rates of HMI weapons in markets.
-Tweaked some of the more inaccurate descriptions.
-May have tweaked some of the weapon stats.

Campaign
-Fang and Draco factions no longer spawn raider bases.
-Fang and Draco now spawn bigger, meaner fleets in Obsidian.
-Moved the inner Jump point in Mercy to directly over Soul, upped market size; should now be more dangerous to try and trade there.
-The Main market in Opuntia now also produces ship hulls.
-Removed 'Distant Polity' from the main markets in Kamikaze, made the pirate market larger, jump points moved further away from their respective stations; should be less easy to cheat infinite money.
-Fuyutsuki now does not produce HMI-specific goods; if you want them you have to go out and get them.
[close]

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (BOLD TEXT Ed., 0.2.1d)
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2019, 12:00:01 AM »

Thanks for the update, I really enjoy this mod.

My favorite ship out of it is the Junk, I love the cargo capacity of it so I always have one in my squad and is usually one of the first big ships I save up to get. Although I have seen people complain about that, for me it is pretty useless in all else in my personal opinion, it a utility ship and it does its job well enough that I can consider it essential for my fleet. With it, it opens up more options for me fleet makeup, so each time I play a new game I can try a different setup each time and never really play with the same old ships, making each game a unique experience for me.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Obscure Ed., 0.2.1e)
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2019, 02:12:32 AM »

A VERY minor hotfix. Turns out I had done something to the faction files that have been interfering with pirate, independant and scavenger faction fleets, preventing them from spawning certain ships. Savegame compatible with the previous version.

Get it HERE

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »

Hey enjoying the mod greatly so far. However I have yet to think of good weapon load outs for the Donkey/Dromedary and Cockroach ships. Are these designed for combat or are used for some other purpose because I don't notice any additional modifiers for salvage/repair/etc. I also noticed the Heavy Shepherd deploys it's Heavy Borer Drone backwards on first deployment, is this intended? I also notice that their entries don't appear in the info codex in game even though they have an info page (if you press the question mark directly). I'm eager to make a exploratory carrier fleet with this mod (the high number of drone ships and carriers was what enticed me :P )

Just came across my first two Rampart class carriers from salvage too and loaded them up with a crap ton of bombers/fighters. So far they've been pretty beefy against lower CR vessels and certainly fill the support role very well. High CR cost though (Which is sort of a trend I've been seeing).

Also what exactly does the Junker mod do? Aside from flavor.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:36:01 PM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »

Hey enjoying the mod greatly so far. However I have yet to think of good weapon load outs for the Donkey/Dromedary and Cockroach ships. Are these designed for combat or are used for some other purpose because I don't notice any additional modifiers for salvage/repair/etc. I also noticed the Heavy Shepherd deploys it's Heavy Borer Drone backwards on first deployment, is this intended? I also notice that their entries don't appear in the info codex in game even though they have an info page (if you press the question mark directly). I'm eager to make a exploratory carrier fleet with this mod (the high number of drone ships and carriers was what enticed me :P )

Good to hear Waffle! The Donkey is supposed to be a harrasment destroyer, with it's main weapons being it's Blitz Drone wings. Consequently it's loadout is more on a minor preference as to whether you want to give it more speed, or meagre weapons to support your fleet or defend itself. Cockroach and King Roach require a bit of thought and experimentation to get them to work, but it is very possible to get a functional ship out of them. Emphasis on 'functional' and not 'fantastic'.

The Heavy Shepherd deploys drones from the rear, as that's where the drone bay is.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the descriptions not working. I'll look into it.

Just came across my first two Rampart class carriers from salvage too and loaded them up with a crap ton of bombers/fighters. So far they've been pretty beefy against lower CR vessels and certainly fill the support role very well. High CR cost though (Which is sort of a trend I've been seeing).

The Rampart is almost too good with decent cargo bays, carrier bays and heavy ordinance, so the CR cost was a bit of a balancing choice.

Also what exactly does the Junker mod do? Aside from flavor.

The Junker hullmod grants increasing amounts of ordinance points for each d-mod on the ship, hence why the ships get 'better' the more 'damaged' they become. It's a bit of a trade-off, but in the hands of someone who has filled out the industry skills you can turn these ships into fairly decent, and importantly very cheap combat ships.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:53 PM »

I'm curious about the effect adding in systems so isolated and dangerous has on the economy. Would you consider adding in a config option for those of us who really like your ships but don't want the systems/commodities due to their effect on the vanilla economy?

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2019, 06:03:27 AM »

Went digging through the mod files and found out about some cool ass drone launching missile system (yeah I guess I spoiler myself). This has made me like 2000% hyped (if you haven't guessed). Where can I find these so called seth drone launchers?

Also is there a way for me to adjust the weapon damage values for some things?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:08:36 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2019, 06:33:56 AM »

I wish we could get LIGHT Vanilla friendly version of this mod.
The idea of scavenger/criminal faction is fine as a addition of new star system and some others. Sadly its overcooked with plenty of special snowflake items/factions.
Also I really dig the Fang ships colors(sadly they have gimmick mechanic and are not a sidegrade to a normal versions of the vanilla ships) and TriTachyon version of ships(Vigilance and Hammerhead).
The things I especially dislike:
>unique minifactions(nothing really good here outside of FANG paintjobs)
>rogue nano factory
>new TRADE GOODS
>all that horror/dead space immersion breaking lore
>extra bloated weapons and ship versions
Things I like:
>FANG paintjobs
>extension of border of core world(settled by pirates, scavengers and luddists)
>low tech main faction

So I as talking about LIGHT vanilla friendly version. What could be done to achieve this?
>Replace Mess(the broken nanofactory) with rogue Derelict factory. Give them ability(like current minifactions this mod had) to build outposts and start raids(add some AI officers for them). That would explain how HMI faction get plenty of derelicts hulls and it would be lore friendly. they would be dropping both metals and transplutonic ore instead or new goods
>Make HMI forces use the FANG painted ships(made a FANG a elite mercenary forces hired and subfaction of HMI) plus enhance HMI forces with Derelicts ships(with Subdued automatons system)
>instead making of deviation of shepherds/mules/donkeys cut them out and add some variants like them having energy weapons slots(instead of ballistic for mining) and adding some permanent mods
>same goes for weapons and fighters, vanilla is usually enough if not Ship and Weapon pack weapons fill  enough niches, sadly plenty of mods add their own unique weapons and fighters probably just to clutter markets
>cut out the new trade goods, they really bring nothing and are easy to abuse them, replace it with both transplutonic/metal and drugs /organs production as for real scavenger/criminal faction
>give up at dead space references and horror  tropes, humans are real monsters

Then suddenly we have a vanilla friendly expansion that add content and can be easily integrated with any other mods.

Sorry if I sound as ass but its a honest opinion. Sadly my grip on English language is not great so I apologize if you feel offended or something.
Thank you for your work

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2019, 12:23:02 PM »

What’s with all this ruckus about the Junk being bad, just smash an officer in and spec him for battleship role. Focus on shield strength and cram hvel drivers and hellforge/heoheasteus along wuth anti PD. If you have some of those longbow bombers, it’ll sweeten the deal. You might need to get a Junk with preferably three or more dmods and spec your char in the industry tree a bit.

PS: got my first Fulgent and make it my new flagship too, dies once due to trying to bum rush the enemy. Still trying to make it an effective combat vessel.

PPS: I noticed with the right hull mods and farming the [REDACTED] faction a bit, you can get superb equipment and can farm dmods for junker ships (try to get the sweet spot of between 2 to 4/5). The [REDACTED] are pretty hard (esp the Dominator) so your junkers better be prepared and specked up. Loving this mod even more by the hour :D

PPPS: nice work OP (also still can’t find where to get these seth drone fabricators, really hope they’re useful).

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:16:37 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

chancoco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2019, 03:02:49 PM »

Considering how sparse the lore is right now for SS, I don't see anything wrong, lore-wise, with the minor factions added with HMI. Aside from a sentient alien species showing up out of nowhere or a faction manufacturing their own ship/weapon designs more advanced than Domain tech, anything's possible. Even then, we don't know what caused the gates to shut down. It could be aliens. Spooky. I personally like the Mess and the ships that were made for them.

With that said, I do feel they should be optional or be separated from HMI like some are asking for. Some have very weak connections with the main faction and that's why I use the mod. I like the junk ships and want more ships that focus on the mining aspect. (It would be fantastic to get that drill to work). In the meantime, I'm making personal edits to tailor it the way I want it.

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2019, 04:26:00 AM »

Hey OP, I've been breaking tooth and tail for one of these nanite ships with my ragtag cockroach and king roach fleet (I've basically reused my ships like 20 times now). Their dominator is freaking amazing with how much punishment it can take, I wanted to discover myself but is it possible to take one of these ships for my use? I've explored around 3 dominator derelicts so far.

Edit: Don't think you can get any of the mess infected ships, was really hoping to find one to put in my fleet before I start on a colony. Maybe a one of those dram tankers or the infected hammerhead would be nice (you could put the lore in as due to fighting [REDACTED] so much one of your officers have found a way to control the [REDACTED] somewhat).

Last edit: I've never found a shop selling these seth drone fabricators but I've gotten quite the pile from farming the mess (somehow idk). They're pretty good when spammed with a pilum on the scav sentries. Fill the entire screen with a carpet of drones and missiles.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:19:10 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2019, 05:26:44 AM »

Nanite ships are non-recoverable, as they are esentially spaceborn lumps of nanites.

And also because it'd be hilarious broken to run around in ships covered in universals.

Gen Waffle

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »

Huh didn't know they were filled with universals...

Pretty sure those freighters don't have any weapon slots tho  ;)

Also I know you stated earlier that the Junk isn't really meant for combat but I've been dying to amp up that flux dissipation a notch. Is there a way to change it in the config files?

EDIT: Figured it out myself, increased the base flux dissipation from 385 to 785. Feels usable as a Junker Capital ship now. Not goinna to lie I would have loved for a slight debuff to the carrying capacity for the Junk in return for a buff to it's flux dissipation, allowing it to be a sustained combat ship of sorts and Junker fleet anchor. It's still extremely slow and has paper thin armor, thus relying on it's (now) powerful shield to prevent damage to itself. It has clear weaknesses and isn't just an armed freighter any more. Might tune my change to be more balanced (currently at 485/585 seems just about right).

That or a maybe a hull mod that decreases it's flux capacity but amps it's flux dissipation the more dmods it has ;) (probably only for the Junk ofc). Perhaps around 2.5% decreased flux cap -> 2.5% gained flux dissipation per dmod rewarding the player for specially tuning the ship to be more that a freighter.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:02:50 AM by Gen Waffle »
The Rogue Scavenger

Orcling

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »

I love this mod/faction but the only thing bugging me is that it's weapons and ships are /very/ common. No matter where i go shopping the traders are full of HMI stuff- so much that at least half of everything purchasable is from your mod.
Anyway to restrict HMI specific stuff to HMI planets/traders/stations or make them a lot less common?
Also the screenshots said HMI Unique but I've seen pirates use them, as well as in traders not even close to any HMI systems. One pirate fleet had 2 Junk's for some reason.

Edit: I just spotted another Pirate fleet stacked with HMI "Unique" ships.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:34:26 PM by Orcling »

chancoco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2019, 03:53:19 PM »

If you check the faction files in the mod, you'll see that a few of the vanilla factions were given access to HMI ships and weapons. You can edit them out so that only the factions from HMI get them by default.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47