Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632170 times)

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Compatibility Ed., 0.3.4k)
« Reply #480 on: January 18, 2022, 12:22:37 AM »

Hey sorry if this is covered in the 32 pages somewhere - I looked but didn't see anything.

Red water and nanite mass don't show up on the exports list.  The outputs just seem to pile up and they don't get sold or make money.  What's the deal?
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 18, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »

They're intended more for manual export. The game has... difficulty with a lot of custom commodities currently.

If you took over an HMI planet, you aren't going to see much profit from their unique exports unless you cart it around manually.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 18, 2022, 10:15:31 PM »

well the red water facility produces drugs and organics so, not useless.  The yard producing nanites is not really useful since you can't resell them anywhere for a profit - nobody pays more than they cost to withdraw except to HMI.- corrected.  some polities pay up to 300% more in smallish quantities
So that said I have a couple requests -

Please remove the no boarding tags from the mess drones.  I've tested them out, they feel pretty balanced.  Universal slots yes, but no shields and they will never be super effective.  If anything they make some disposable vanguards that can use ballistics.

Also please I would appreciate it if you would clean up the encounter tags so that the encounters will end with friendly mess drones on the board. 

Cool mod.  Great work, I am really appreciating it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 01:44:08 AM by Nox »
--

Abaronca

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 19, 2022, 11:45:38 AM »

Does Infinity actually have something special to find like the flavor text implies, or is that only part of the lore and the planet itself is nothing more than a nice colonization candidate?

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 19, 2022, 12:45:59 PM »

@Nox: You are completely misunderstanding what the Mess is and why they behave the way they do. No Mess ship could ever be boarded safely by a human being. Frankly it's almost a little hard to believe that weapons can be salvaged off of them.

At no point should the Mess ever be salvageable. If you'd like some automated ships that are semi-disposable (or at least "intended" to be used in a more disposable way than most ships), the Domain Derelicts of .95.1 and certain ships in the Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mod are designed like that.

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 19, 2022, 01:52:12 PM »

@Nox: You are completely misunderstanding what the Mess is and why they behave the way they do. No Mess ship could ever be boarded safely by a human being. Frankly it's almost a little hard to believe that weapons can be salvaged off of them.

At no point should the Mess ever be salvageable. If you'd like some automated ships that are semi-disposable (or at least "intended" to be used in a more disposable way than most ships), the Domain Derelicts of .95.1 and certain ships in the Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mod are designed like that.

You're making a bunch of declarative statements based on some assumption of lore.  On that point, I completely disagree.  I'm using them because my crew has learned to adapt and adopt drones.  I'm not going to do fan fiction here to justify having fun in a game, and I'm not going to accept fan fiction as an argument.

--

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 19, 2022, 02:45:21 PM »

There is always possible to make mod for a mod ) And its simple tweak.

But speaking of Mess drones, there one issue with enemies like Omega or Mess which are being split into smaller ships when destroyed, when they are on player side, combat won't end until its completely destroyed or retreated, you need either use console to force end combat or order ship with splitting mechanic to retreat, if its intact, you only can end combat via console. I'm pretty King Alfonzo won't make them recoverable just by this technical issue.

Also speaking of exploration part of mod, I think good suggestion, is make procedural generation for Mess and DomRes infested systems, like Dassault and PRV mods did for their remnant style enemies, just to have more systems with these hazards. And another idea, make ship stashes appear at random locations in mod systems, since when you found them once, you know where you can pickup alot of XIV and High Tech ships just at start of the game, since they are always spawns at same place, also these stashes are incredibly buffed in 095 because of story points, in 091 half of ships was unrecoverable due random chance of derelict being unrecoverable, so it was not that cheaty.

And about reward for destroying Mess infested nexus, its non relevant at the stage of the game when you can beat this nexus and patrolling fleets of infested Remnants, if you can beat them, its means what your fleet already strong, and have several capital ships since you need to take down Nexus and Fleets with Mess Radiants, and that unique cruiser with little quirk is just unneeded at that stage of the game. It can regen HP, but its also seems fragile too.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 02:47:53 PM by BreenBB »

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 19, 2022, 03:21:24 PM »

There is always possible to make mod for a mod ) And its simple tweak.

But speaking of Mess drones, there one issue with enemies like Omega or Mess which are being split into smaller ships when destroyed, when they are on player side, combat won't end until its completely destroyed or retreated, you need either use console to force end combat or order ship with splitting mechanic to retreat, if its intact, you only can end combat via console. I'm pretty King Alfonzo won't make them recoverable just by this technical issue.

Also speaking of exploration part of mod, I think good suggestion, is make procedural generation for Mess and DomRes infested systems, like Dassault and PRV mods did for their remnant style enemies, just to have more systems with these hazards. And another idea, make ship stashes appear at random locations in mod systems, since when you found them once, you know where you can pickup alot of XIV and High Tech ships just at start of the game, since they are always spawns at same place, also these stashes are incredibly buffed in 095 because of story points, in 091 half of ships was unrecoverable due random chance of derelict being unrecoverable, so it was not that cheaty.

And about reward for destroying Mess infested nexus, its non relevant at the stage of the game when you can beat this nexus and patrolling fleets of infested Remnants, if you can beat them, its means what your fleet already strong, and have several capital ships since you need to take down Nexus and Fleets with Mess Radiants, and that unique cruiser with little quirk is just unneeded at that stage of the game. It can regen HP, but its also seems fragile too.

So it's the break apart mechanic that's preventing combat from completing.  I just retreat all the units.  Works for now.

I've made all the changes I am discussing on my end, and it works and it's fun.  I'm suggesting those changes would be fun in the mod.
--

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 19, 2022, 11:56:58 PM »

Also of ship are broken into fighters, and you can't order them, you can also use EndCombat command, there is two commands, Nuke destroys all enemies, but it won't end combat since its your ship preventing from ending, and EndCombat just ends it without killing all enemies, so if they remain, it will count like they just retreated.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 26, 2022, 01:51:54 PM »

Could you check on the remnant mining array code? Seems like they prefer to engage ships over fighters/missiles lol.

Lagrider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 27, 2022, 04:40:46 AM »

Hello, I really enjoy the mod! Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the enemies near the research station? Maybe via dm haha. I'm not sure how to ask more effectively without spoilers.

Jotun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 27, 2022, 05:28:49 AM »

You're making a bunch of declarative statements based on some assumption of lore.  On that point, I completely disagree.  I'm using them because my crew has learned to adapt and adopt drones.  I'm not going to do fan fiction here to justify having fun in a game, and I'm not going to accept fan fiction as an argument.

Since when lore arguments aren't valid arguments? It's not "fan fiction" when the author of the lore for the mod tells you it's non canon (assumption on my part here, I assume the lore surrounding the mess runs counter to your interpretation). Actually, your version of "mess = drone" is the fanfic.

Feel free to argue that drenching your crew that is immune to poison into a pool of Ebola virus makes sense though. However these are two different beasts entirely, just like The Mess is very different from drones or REDACTED.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:34:26 AM by Jotun »

Salamander989

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »

@King Alfonzo - Buddy! Thank you (and all who contributed) so much for the mod. First time playing the Brighton, and they are scratching all my fantasy sci-fi itches. They are like space Frankenstein with a zombie vibe, and the ship color... OMG... 40k Nurgle is my favorite. All I want to say is, "you are the man!" Making something so close to my heart available on this AWESOME game. I'm probably just like the other fanboys out there praying for more updates on the Brighton. Keep up the great work! /bow ;D

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2022, 07:01:01 AM »

Good day.

Are there any plans to add industries for the production of special resources from this mod? Or just buy in faction markets?

AlienCheekClapper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 24, 2022, 04:56:29 PM »

Hey, I love your mod and especially love the Ships. Could you please make the special resources industry (Nano Mass, Quantum Liquid, Red Water) export to other factions/markets? When I capture Samiel or Galena they just keep stockpiling the stuff instead of selling it and making me money. I have to physically pick up each batch and find potential buyers plus it's not even free for me The Owner/Conquerer.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47