Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Thumper Ed., 0.3.7b)  (Read 632291 times)

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hazard Mining Incorporated (Ascendente! Ed., 0.3.2b)
« Reply #270 on: June 24, 2020, 05:29:13 AM »

yo can you retrieve mess ships after combat??

would be kinda cool to have em in my fleet

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2020, 09:05:20 AM »

I can't seem to get the AI to use missiles when they're assigned to the Roach King's 3 small composite hard points (on the right side of the ship). No matter what type of missiles I use (vanilla/HMI), the AI just doesn't want to fire them. I can manually do it myself, but obviously it sucks to lose firepower when an AI is piloting the ship.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not using any mods that change the game's AI.

Edit: Missiles that have tracking don't seem to get used when they're in the small composite hard points. Even ones with infinite ammo like Seth Drone Fabricators. I've "solved" the problem by just putting missiles with no tracking (like Rocket Launchers), which seem to work almost 100% of the time. Odd.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 09:20:58 AM by Frosterus »

duckasick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2020, 01:05:55 PM »

82203 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in HMI_dieman system refers to invalid entity dieman3
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in HMI_dieman system refers to invalid entity dieman3
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Market in HMI_dieman system refers to invalid entity dieman3
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   ... 14 more

Full log: https://paste.ee/p/oqNdZ

Seems to be related to this mod, but am noob, so I could be wrong.
My game worked fine last night, but it keeps crashing today when I try to create a new save. I was on 0.3.2b, updating to newest version from the discord (0.3.2c) didn't help.

Any idea what's causing this?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 13, 2020, 03:59:44 AM »

I'm honestly not quite sure what could've caused that. It might be a glitch going from an older version of HMI to 0.3.2b, as there was an issue with how I had named dieman3 in the older version which I corrected in 0.3.2b. Alternatively, you may have overwritten the mod file by copy-pasting the HMI folder over the existing HMI folder on update, which may have caused the problem. I honestly couldn't tell you where the issue came from, beyond deleting the old folder and redownloding.

duckasick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 13, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »

It seems like disabling the brighton federation causes the game to crash. I removed a couple of lines and files regarding the dieman system, and the crashes have stopped, but I'm still not sure what exactly caused it.

E: Apperantly the dieman system itself did spawn, but the brighton or any other faction didn't colonize it. All the planets and one station are there, but nothing else.

E2: sidenote: I think the pirate onslaught I got from the vayra bounty has a broken special system. Pressing F just doesn't do anything. It doesn't matter if I'm locked on or off a target.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 12:23:48 PM by duckasick »

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2020, 08:54:35 AM »

Isn't the weaver just a reskinned blackrock ship? Another one of the ships look suspiciously like a tiandong ship too.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2020, 12:41:31 AM »

Isn't the weaver just a reskinned blackrock ship? Another one of the ships look suspiciously like a tiandong ship too.

They're not reskins so much as hat-tips to those ships from other mods. I actually mentioned this to Alfonzo, how cool the comparison was for one or two that I recognized, but apparently quite a lot of them are referenced from notable ships in other mods.

Muffin_man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 25, 2020, 02:45:28 AM »

Hey wondering if anyone else is getting this, I think I may have found a bug. The 'Junker' trait seems to be not applying to any of the HMI Junker ships.

Here's a screenshot, notice how in the bottom left it appears that the Slugworth has 190 ordnance points available with it's 3 d-mods. However when actually fitting the ship it only has 160 ordnance points available.

It doesn't appear to matter if the ship has no d-mods or 5 d-mods it still remains the same. This is happening for all of the HMI Junker ships. I absolutely love this mod and would like to take full advantage of all of HMI's perks. Hopefully this is an easy fix, please let me know if you need anything else from me to assist in resolving this bug (Assuming it is a bug ).

Note* Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but I'm still getting the same result.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 25, 2020, 11:12:15 AM »

Hey wondering if anyone else is getting this, I think I may have found a bug. The 'Junker' trait seems to be not applying to any of the HMI Junker ships.

Here's a screenshot, notice how in the bottom left it appears that the Slugworth has 190 ordnance points available with it's 3 d-mods. However when actually fitting the ship it only has 160 ordnance points available.

It doesn't appear to matter if the ship has no d-mods or 5 d-mods it still remains the same. This is happening for all of the HMI Junker ships. I absolutely love this mod and would like to take full advantage of all of HMI's perks. Hopefully this is an easy fix, please let me know if you need anything else from me to assist in resolving this bug (Assuming it is a bug ).

Note* Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but I'm still getting the same result.
This "bug" is more of a starsector thing than a HMI thing. The OP bar above doesn't account for negative OP values on hullmods. This is probably because vanilla doesn't have any hullmods with negative OP and the developers didn't expect that kind of thing. The OP bar will stay at 0 until you use more than 30 in your screenshot example.

Muffin_man

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 25, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »

This "bug" is more of a starsector thing than a HMI thing. The OP bar above doesn't account for negative OP values on hullmods. This is probably because vanilla doesn't have any hullmods with negative OP and the developers didn't expect that kind of thing. The OP bar will stay at 0 until you use more than 30 in your screenshot example.

Oh I see! So it subtracts the OP used to a certain amount depending on the amount of dmods such as first 15 op is considered free so on and so on. Just tested it and yap that was it. My bad for not understanding the mechanics. Thanks for the clarification, now to continue my HMI playthrough!

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2020, 02:06:09 AM »

Its been like this since I've installed this mod, perhaps longer than that but the Bombardment Pod has a name so ridiculously long, it sticks out of the fighter equip dialog. Maybe change the variant name to "Auxiliary" like the vanilla drone?

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2020, 05:20:38 PM »

probably a bug, it seems draco stuff are turned off by default but i encountered them on some system and got their ships i think it was a system near obsidian, i think kamikaze or some other.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2020, 08:27:37 PM »

Minor typo.

Also, Seele still doesn't work, as the enemies in the research station don't appear on the map. Battle is empty, no enemies, allies don't move.
I'm using the newest version and I properly updated it by removing the previous version completely and installing this one. It's a new save file, so it can't be that either.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:16:47 PM by Hiroyan495 »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2020, 10:19:50 PM »

Its been like this since I've installed this mod, perhaps longer than that but the Bombardment Pod has a name so ridiculously long, it sticks out of the fighter equip dialog. Maybe change the variant name to "Auxiliary" like the vanilla drone?

Will look into shortening it.

probably a bug, it seems draco stuff are turned off by default but i encountered them on some system and got their ships i think it was a system near obsidian, i think kamikaze or some other.

That's intended; the option in the config prevents the raider bases from spawning, not the faction itself. They still show up along with Fang in Obsidian.

Also, Seele still doesn't work, as the enemies in the research station don't appear on the map. Battle is empty, no enemies, allies don't move.
I'm using the newest version and I properly updated it by removing the previous version completely and installing this one. It's a new save file, so it can't be that either.

Seele not working is probably a consequence of your battle size being too small; the ships might be too large to deploy in battle relative to what battle size you've set, and so the game 'glitches' and doesn't spawn anything. So you'll need to increase the battle size before they'll spawn, I'm afraid.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2020, 09:30:38 AM »

Is there plans for Scav versions of HMI original remnants/derelicts? I feel you can make interesting ones since you made the sprites. also still waiting for that radiant(scav)

I have an idea for the Kane Torpedo, I still found it hard to choose over the normal one despite the damage buff to 1500. So I tried changing it to a Squall-type second staged missile with a increase to the turnRate (10 to 60) and it became a hammer torpedo that can be used on missile hardpoints that face the sides or something. This way, now it can do something that the hammer torpedo can't (other than not hitting allies) which should be justified by its +1 OP cost.

Also, the Herakles (RG) sprite needs some cleaning up in its transparent parts. Some pixels have like 1~10 opacity and some show up in the armor cell UI ingame.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 10:09:48 AM by mora »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47