Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722677 times)

Emodan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22
« Reply #1860 on: December 11, 2022, 12:37:04 PM »

Here is a sample of your ships in case you want a glance.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TravoltinoSK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 18, 2022, 07:44:20 AM »

Hello pls, can someone help me how to change skill treshold variables for certain skills? Like CR for AI ships, Bulk transport etc?

Helbrecht

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 02, 2023, 10:32:43 AM »

Hi, just noticed an error regarding concentrated shields hullmod, it says it reduces shield arc "by 40%" but what it is doing is reducing it "to 40% a 40% reduction would drop it down to 216 degrees, what it is doing is dropping it to 144 degrees or 40% of 360.

Ephara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 05, 2023, 05:40:35 PM »

Hello there, same here for the character skills, i have tried tweaking the values found in the scripts folder to no avail as nothing shows in game.

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 12, 2023, 07:16:32 PM »

Interesting overhaul mod.

Not sure if it has been addressed before, but I see others in earlier posts have mentioned the potential balancing issues of logistic ships.  Is this by design?

Like cargo hauling.  In vanilla, you've got a progression of ships like wayfarer, buffalo / tarsus, colossus, and atlas.  Early game with not much to haul, a desire for fast burn speed, and the need for all the ships in your fleet to be combat-capable, it's economical to get a small gaggle of wayfarers to haul your stuff.  As your fleet gets larger and you go for a specialized combat fleet with a few supporting logistics ships, the lower operating cost per cargo hauling capacity of the buffalo and then the atlas dictate you swapping to those ships as your need for larger and larger amounts of cargo space in your fleet go up.

However, it AO, this is the inverse.  Take a mercury, with its 160 units of cargo capacity.  If you expect 15 light years of travel per month, you've got an operating cost of $154/month; $50 for the 0.5 unit of supply, $10 for the crew salary, and $103 for the expected fuel usage of 15ly of travel.  That's $0.96 per unit of cargo hauling.  Now take a buffalo.  $575 per month for 400 units of hauling, or $1.44 per unit.  Colossus is a bit better at $1.27 per unit, but the Atlas comes in at $1.69 per unit -- worse than everything except quasi-combat capable haulers like the tarsus or Sci/Tac/Arc variants of the buffalo.  Unless you're planning to put your cargo haulers into combat, you're economically best served by just getting a huge fleet of mercury shuttles to haul your loot.  Is this intended?  What would be the reasoning?
A) Yeah sure it gets more expensive to haul things with larger ships, that's the penalty for moving towards a late game fleet as you hit the 30-ship cap and are forced to move from frigate-sized haulers to capital-sized haulers.
B) Well okay, but a mercury will die on the battlefield in half a second, whereas the Atlas with its fighter bays, better durability, and weapons systems will survive for a while, so you've got to value that for something.
C) Oops!

I feel like this must be an oversight, as the economical improvement of going from dram->phaeton->prometheus for fuel hauling and mudskipper->starliner for crew hauling (nebula is an outlier, nearly 2x more expensive than 4 mudskippers for the same crew hauling) still hold true as they did in vanilla.

Also, with fog of war, are missile ranges overpowered?  I feel like an incredibly cheesy tactic is available of building long-ranged missile boats, deploying tanks at the beginning of battle, then reinforcing with the missile boats (so they are far behind the battle lines), then sending the missile boats off secretly to the bottom corners of the map.  From there they can fire away at the enemy in the middle of the map (or even the enemy spawn point) with zero risk of being found, nor any depletion of peak performance time since no enemy is near them.  You can even deploy a single kite, send him off towards top right, deploy a long range missile boat, send him bottom left, click the biggest enemy ship your kite sees along the way and hit R to missile lock him, and then have your missile boat salvo away until the enemy ship is so damaged it retreats.  Send in another kite to acquire a new target, repeat process, trading a kite for a capital or cruiser grade ship each time.  Then send in your cruisers and caps to slaughter what enemy destroyers or frigates are left.  Round 2 and all that is left of the enemy is a bunch of badly damaged and CR depleted cruisers & caps to tease for the half-second before your fighters take their last 100 or so HP.  I've had to use this tactic against a deathstack that appeared out of an asteroid belt, and my apogee needed to clip the nuts of half a dozen capitals.  The enemy only seems to search the 80% middle of the battle map, ignoring the extreme edges unless they have seen an enemy fly there -- never mind there is a torrent of missiles coming from the southeast corner boys, keep sweeping the middle of the map until we find this bastard!

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 17, 2023, 06:06:15 AM »

How hard would it be to just extract the "More dialog options" part of this mod? I have a ton of faction mods installed and the op mentions this is not designed for balance with other faction mods. So, I'd just like the more dialog options. Is it possible that this might be offered separately at some point?

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 04, 2023, 01:08:53 PM »

When is next update?

uamadman

• Ensign
    • View Profile

(0.96a) It does seem to work just fine with Total Conversion set to false with Nexrillian, However pretty much everything is wildly over tuned. Ships are 2x Hull/Armor OP is .75 and weapons are 1.5-2.5x over tuned... I've been trying to balance the sheets but its just alot of work trying to get it right.

JaxSparrow

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Anyone know if https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6403bb43d20087d753b9107a9ee1634f&topic=26307.0 (Ashes of The Domain) Mod is fine with this overhaul, Since I do love the overhaul of the Ashes of The Domain mod for own world/planet building and research.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 11, 2023, 02:30:47 AM »

That Mod is amazing. I really love it more than vanilla game. I hope author won't be staying away from modding forever and will update mod.

Xhaldor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 18, 2023, 11:25:21 AM »

It's sad how this mod isn't as compatible as it was before.

paulogabbi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 20, 2024, 11:58:37 PM »

i hope one day it gets updated
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125]