Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722436 times)

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Update 12/19/21
« Reply #1665 on: January 07, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »

i suggest adding a second download link for ur mod btw. not everyone wants to go through the hassle of having to make a yet another account on the internet. if u could provide a link that did not force u to make a account to download. that would be amazing and would make the mod more easily accessible
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:32:14 PM by shpooky »

Michigancubed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 08, 2022, 02:05:14 AM »

Heya, had a crash on bootup with this mod and tried looking for similar cases and/or how to fix it, dunno how to nor did find a similar case, so I'll post my logs since I haven't a clue on what happened. Crash log is the same with different mods though (as in the starfarer.combat stuff is the exact same) if that has anything to do with it, but I suspect it might be a game issue itself and not the mods in this case;

125580 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.ArcheusModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.ArcheusModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.scripts.ArcheusModPlugin
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more

EDIT: It seems this type of crash was because of corrupted download, got it fixed within the hour, I gotta remember to properly extract files next time! ;D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:34:56 PM by Michigancubed »

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 08, 2022, 04:49:20 PM »

I don't see anything so far. I posted about it in the modding thread because the code where this crash is occurring isn't visible to modders and the context is not necessarily obvious so I am making guesses at its functionality. It would be helpful to have some reproduce-able scenarios to go off of. That way I could know the exact stations involved, etc.

If you have a save that you could upload with it being easily reproduce-able that would be really helpful. Or, if not, if you remember the exact type of station you were engaging that caused the crash.
sorry for the late reply. I reloaded an earlier save and avoided the system I kept crashing in, and never had another one. I wasn't engaging a station iirc. I just rolled into that system to buy supplies then *zzt*

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 09, 2022, 06:45:55 AM »

i suggest adding a second download link for ur mod btw. not everyone wants to go through the hassle of having to make a yet another account on the internet. if u could provide a link that did not force u to make a account to download. that would be amazing and would make the mod more easily accessible

I'm not sure I can because the mod is too large. I know I can't use Patreon or Dropbox and it will take forever to get the mod up on git due to the number files and the 100 file per upload limit. Any suggestions as to where I can host it? For reference, the size is just under half a gb.

EDIT: It seems this type of crash was because of corrupted download, got it fixed within the hour, I gotta remember to properly extract files next time! ;D

Ah glad you got it figured out! I thought it was because the jar was missing or something upon first reading the issue.

sorry for the late reply. I reloaded an earlier save and avoided the system I kept crashing in, and never had another one. I wasn't engaging a station iirc. I just rolled into that system to buy supplies then *zzt*

Weird! Any way I can take a look at the system? A save file perhaps? Then I can see what could potentially be causing it. If its just in the system I am assuming its a nearby battle being autoresolved. The main thing I'm curious about is whether its a pirate station or a luddic one, adamantine consortium, etc. Those are the only 3 that could spawn out in the wild.

shpooky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 10, 2022, 01:28:03 AM »

i think google drive or mega should suffice

blackace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 10, 2022, 04:31:09 PM »

dont know if this is a good place to put this fr been using this mod for years now and never had an account or anything on here so i just kinda made one to say thanks for the amazing mod really makes me love this game more

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 11, 2022, 04:32:46 PM »

i think google drive or mega should suffice

I always forget above google drive. I'll try that and see about getting a mirror dl up.

dont know if this is a good place to put this fr been using this mod for years now and never had an account or anything on here so i just kinda made one to say thanks for the amazing mod really makes me love this game more

It is, and thanks! I'm glad you are a fan of the mod!  :)

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 13, 2022, 05:15:01 PM »

Mod, gifs of combat, new ships and weapons - look simply too fantastic to believe. I dread to even fathom amount of coding involved and efforts put into it. I will totally give a mod a try on new game.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 13, 2022, 07:43:33 PM »

Mod, gifs of combat, new ships and weapons - look simply too fantastic to believe. I dread to even fathom amount of coding involved and efforts put into it. I will totally give a mod a try on new game.

Thanks and I hope you have fun!

Minor progress update: I've been looking a bit more into skills now that I have some new things to work with I have made some changes for the next update which I will post below. There isn't an exact ETA for this update as I've been moving very slowly atm and skills are slightly more involved due to UI limitations over other areas of the code.

Two skill changes currently in the dev version:

Phase Mastery:
Spoiler
[close]

Best of the Best:
Spoiler
[close]

Small improvements:

- Skills and thresholds that check for carrier bays actually check for the hullmod itself rather than the CARRIER tag.
 - Fixed an oversight where Electronic Warfare's elite effect negated the enemy fleet's bonus rather than reducing it by 50%.

And design changes:

- All of the hullmods unlocked through Combat are now unique unlocks and those hullmods cannot be bought and should be hard if not impossible to find.*

*I decided to double down on this balance strategy for Combat since it was seeming like the other trees were becoming more competitive. They contained numerous fleetwide bonuses compared to Combat's mostly flagship-only bonuses. The new hullmods allow for more customization options for the entire fleet without further directly increasing the player's overall power. There should still be a fair amount of purchasable hullmods available, but now dedicating points to Combat should have a more noticeable impact to builds. These hullmods also can synergize well with other trees at various levels depending upon whether or not a player wants to specialize. We will see how it works out and I have a few more planned changes among other things I'd like to ideally add before release.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 13, 2022, 11:03:06 PM »

Great stuff. I haven't started a new run on .1a yet. So, I will wait some more.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 14, 2022, 09:23:38 AM »

Great stuff. I haven't started a new run on .1a yet. So, I will wait some more.

Probably a good idea. There will be more variants/skins of new ships as well for some additional goodies. Working on that and some other stuff today. I am also going to try and test skills a little more to make sure they are working correctly since I'm sort of relying on existing skill code from old vanilla skill implementations still working as intended.

When I'm more confident of a time frame I'll post here.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 14, 2022, 01:32:12 PM »

If i disable total conversion to use DIY Planets, Grand Colonies and other mods like that, what parts of TC will be disabled?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 15, 2022, 12:12:55 PM »

If i disable total conversion to use DIY Planets, Grand Colonies and other mods like that, what parts of TC will be disabled?

Nothing will be disabled its just there so that inexperienced users wont just slap the TC on with a ton of mods and then wonder why things break or the balance is off, etc, and report issues to another mod's thread. So in essence its just there to hopefully encourage people to read the compatibility portion of the main page.

Stroichik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 16, 2022, 03:46:25 PM »

And considering some factions' Open market do not have any ships for sale, its stated in info as a bug from vanilla game? It will only be fixed by Alex at some later release?

ryujinblade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 16, 2022, 05:51:24 PM »

hey i noticed in the main page that it says there are customs starts? one with pirates and wolf pack or a merc with a strong financial backer? are those still possible starts?
also love your mod! the changes make combat sooooo fun and i love carrier spams so
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 125