Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722216 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1575 on: October 02, 2021, 04:20:19 AM »

Spoiler
2324655 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyHullFractionDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyHullFractionDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.applyDamageToFl eetMember(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:490)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.computeOutcomeF orFleetMember(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:690)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngageme nt(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:333)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:243)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.Battle.doAutoresolveRound(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.Battle.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advanceEvenIfPaused(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

just got the above error
i have two musashi ships and a wayfayer
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1576 on: October 02, 2021, 06:30:34 AM »

Spoiler
2324655 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyHullFractionDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyHullFractionDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.applyDamageToFl eetMember(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:490)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.computeOutcomeF orFleetMember(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:690)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolveEngageme nt(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:333)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.resolve(BattleAutoresolverPluginImpl.java:243)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.Battle.doAutoresolveRound(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.Battle.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advanceEvenIfPaused(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

just got the above error
i have two musashi ships and a wayfayer

Hmm the error doesn't give me much to go on, I might need the save file to troubleshoot. I have a distant memory that this came up before and it was reported to be solved but I don't remember the specifics of what caused it in the first place and what the solution ended up being.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 02, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »

Spoiler
"pantera_ANewLevel40",
  "adjustable_skill_thresholds",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "archeus_beta",
  "automatedcommands",
  "beyondthesector",
  "combat_docking_module",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_console",
  "domain_mship_controllable",
  "diyplanets",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "dronelib",
  "exshippack",
  "extra_system_reloaded",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "gladiatorsociety",
  "GrandColonies",
  "hm_barratry",
  "hullmod_specialization",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "MagicLib",
  "su_CarrierHullmod",
  "su_CarrierHullmod_Rebalance",
  "mir",
  "more_ship_names",
  "AO_Musashimanufactor",
  "nexerelin",
  "console_overlord_additionalcommands",
  "pn",
  "wisp_perseanchronicles",
  "plight_of_the_valkyries",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "m561_ramscoop",
  "remnant_command_transfer",
  "repdec",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "secretsofthefrontieralt",
  "SEEKER",
  "PT_ShipDirectionMarker",
  "simpleplayerflags",
  "solsystem",
  "speedUp",
  "starpocalypse",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "superweapons",
  "timid_supply_forging",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "trulyautomatedships",
  "US",
  "ungp",
  "unpackblueprints",
  "UGH",
  "vanidad",
  "wasabounties",
  "audio_plus",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib"
[close]

this is my active mod list minus prv pn extra ship pack gladiator society and vanidad i removed those
not sure why they are showing up in my enabled list they were removed prior to the playtest with the crash
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 06, 2021, 12:21:07 PM »

@6chad.noirlee9

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you my schedule has been crazy this week. Unfortunately, the error is generic enough that the mod list and error code won't really help me troubleshoot it. I'd need the save file to try and reproduce it reliably and then start disabling mods to see if that is the case.

To be honest I kind of doubt AO is causing this error. For more detail, the error basically is saying that something is trying to apply damage to a ship in combat and somewhere during that process an array is attempting to manipulate data outside of its maximum index size. So the indexes of the array would be 0,1,2,3 for a total size of 4 and something is trying to call array index 4 or something like that which would require an index size of 5, if that makes sense.

There are a few scripts in AO that could cause this sort of thing, but afaik I've never run into that error when testing them, and it seems like something that would occur everytime the script ran rather than sporadically.

That being said, it could have been caused from an inadvertent change I made to the script after the testing phase.

Is the error reproduceable under the same circumstances each time?

The other question I would ask is whether or not you have the Localized Amplifier hullmod or Corrosive Warheads hullmods installed on any of your ships. Those scripts do use arrays to apply damage iirc. I'll test them out later tonight and see if I can get the error to occur.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 07, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »

it must have been a crazy fluke because i just loaded the save and did the same thing i did before but no crash
it was a brand new start and i hadnt done anything yet
nex random sector derelict empire random spawning weights
watatsumi kisshotin wayfayer
standard models nothing crazy (havent changed the loadouts yet)

anyway i went to do what i was going to do before only no crash this time

deoxyribonucleicacid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 09, 2021, 02:17:14 AM »

I got a question... Are [Redacted] supposed to be OP? I literally lost an entire fleet of capitals and even in arcade standards that's pretty OP... otherwise i guess ill never touch [Redacted] ever again

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 09, 2021, 04:48:21 AM »

oh no..... *passes skill checks preventing git gud reference

oh thank goodness

im kidding lol but really in all seriousness if you want to take on redacted you have to set up your loadouts to deal with shields
once the shields go down you need nice alpha strike antiarmor and they will explode nicely

they are definitely super boss level ships in this version of the game so expect losses and never let them outnumber you

deoxyribonucleicacid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 09, 2021, 02:59:58 PM »

Guess its time for me to make an almost entirely Astral fleet... Screw framerates but most importantly screw them i want my Alpha Core and i dont care if i lose thousands  of people to get it

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: October 10, 2021, 01:59:03 PM »

The pillager when outfitted with velocity cannons x4 and some heavy mortar cannons and one dual artillery cannon can generally destroy anything if you have the skills (the character skills)

Short of that the best thing to do is the get the skill that let's you capture remnant ships.

Also, if you go to the mod nexus (nexusmods.com) there is a mod that adds a special version of musashi to AO.
Highly recommend.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 10, 2021, 08:31:11 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgpTR_Id25utZHpAjCAXqVYiySbT9nnn/view?usp=sharing

I haven't played for a while now. I will drop an end game save file here for anyone interested in peaking a bit. Or if you wondering what a 6 Paladins Paragon can do.

Required mods
Spoiler
Archean Order - Beta 1.4.0.4
Console Commands
Detailed Combat Results
Hyperdrive
LazyLib
MagicLib
Nexerelin
SpeedUp
[close]

kari97

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 11, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

Hi, I see that the mod is now updated, waited for this so long, thank you!
Just a question: is there another update coming up soon, however minor it may be? I would like to start a campaign when everything is as in order as possible and Im not in a hurry :D

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 13, 2021, 08:07:37 AM »

it must have been a crazy fluke because i just loaded the save and did the same thing i did before but no crash
I haven't seen it yet but let me know if it happens again. At the very least hopefully its pretty rare.

I got a question... Are [Redacted] supposed to be OP? I literally lost an entire fleet of capitals and even in arcade standards that's pretty OP... otherwise i guess ill never touch [Redacted] ever again
Errr, yeah, they are meant to be very very strong. *sheepish grin* Definitely an endgame level threat. The only real reason to fight them atm is loot though. You could probably avoid most encounters with them realistically. On average, each individual vessel is loosely balanced at around one hullsize higher in strength. So frigates can go toe-to-toe with destroyers, etc, etc. Their capitals?? Those can solo fleets and need to be beaten tactically with overwhelming numbers. Even then, I'd expect around 50% losses. They are no joke.

They are also one of the only factions that somewhat ignore the balanced-by-DP rule of the mod, and thats why the skill that lets you pilot those ships has a downside (though that can be removed in the mod's settings). Another piece of advice I'll offer is to use battlecruisers and wolfpack tactics (the tactics not the skill) sort of like how you would use frigates to take down a cruiser. Any of the battlecruisers in the mod would probably be suitable. Battleships somewhat struggle against a Radiant because they can't run away most of the time and there is little chance for them to win the flux war in that scenario unless its like a 3v1 kind of situation.

Hi, I see that the mod is now updated, waited for this so long, thank you!
Just a question: is there another update coming up soon, however minor it may be? I would like to start a campaign when everything is as in order as possible and Im not in a hurry :D
Hi thanks for asking! At this point, I'd say this is a good time to start a campaign. The update is 99% bug free I think and has all the content with at least one balance pass if not several. I think its in a good spot and stable.

In the future, the updates will be focused on less raw content like ships, weapons, and hullmods (though some things are still planned from earlier suggestions) and will be more focused on enhancing and separating out existing features while adding lore content. I really want to dig into missions and integrate the mod's lore with the current story arc. The reason I'm saying that now is a good time to play even with that in mind is because I have a feeling that an update of that quality will take a long while - maybe even a year though I could be wrong. Not only do I have less overall time to work on the project, but this will be new territory and I'll have to learn new areas of the API and rules. Also, enhancing the current systems require a lot of behind the scenes work that I am slowly working through.

I think the end result will be very worth it, but sort of like the TC settings that let you customize the campaign this will require reworking a lot of the current implementation and making it more flexible. The best part will be that other mods will be able to plug in to these a lot more easily. That's why Fleet Dialogue is my current priority. I want to get that out ASAP so that other modders can play around with it and report any issues early before I start deep diving into new features using the same implementation strategy.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 14, 2021, 11:32:58 AM »

looks like i was running 1.4.0.3 so perhaps that was my issue

milosx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 31, 2021, 05:02:43 AM »

Hello I just downloaded this mod for the first time and was getting ready to start playing with it. But for some reason the game keeps crashing for unknown reasons. I have tried loading the mod alone but it always crashes. Game loads fine and other mods as well. So please if you know how to fix this issue tell me.

Thank you in advance.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 31, 2021, 03:12:16 PM »

Hello I just downloaded this mod for the first time and was getting ready to start playing with it. But for some reason the game keeps crashing for unknown reasons. I have tried loading the mod alone but it always crashes. Game loads fine and other mods as well. So please if you know how to fix this issue tell me.

Thank you in advance.

Hello welcome to the forums! Could you give me some more information such as the error that pops up? The mod also requires LazyLib so make sure you have that included in your mod list.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 125