Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722404 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'm most interested in seeing someone create a subsystem mod, and the sooner the pillars of the modding community get into it the sooner someone like me (only not me lol) will make something standalone that can be added to anything!

I thinking about subsystem mod too, sadly I don't know how to create such, make all subsystems as equipment which you can remove and add to another ship, also this can be expanded to reactor, armor, shield and engines, and make all ship hulls basically a hull, low tech, high tech, no matter - its depends on installed equipment.

I still think ships should have their own built in systems but being able to add phase coils/shields/damper field etc to any ship is really a great idea to me.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

......I did it again
I got permission from armaa armatura fornyou to integrate that mod (if you want)

That one may be a bit difficult to manage though so I understand if you dont want to, Cheers either way!
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Updating to AO to 0.3 seems to have done it, no crash when encountering a radiant so I'm going to assume it fixed the cryosleeper guardian too

Windows 10, sorry for the late response. Also, the same crash just happened when I tried to engage a Radiant-class ship

Hmm well that's not the operating system I expected because that's what I have and it works. Well, have you tried the latest version of AO? It should be 1.4.0.3. I attempted to fix it in that version by using an alternative implementation of lazylib. Without some kind of input from the author or someone more experienced with IntelliJ's project dependency features, I am at a loss right now.

If you update to the latest version and it still doesn't work or want to keep your current save an not update the AO version, what you can do is remove this crash from happening by going to ship_data.csv and opening it in open office or another spreadsheet editor and changing the ship system for the radiant and guardian from archean_fluxconverter to something else like archean_displacer or archean_damper.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

I was going to do that lol. Generally, the best I would get from a rich tech mining would be a single Alpha core which is honestly not that valuable. Blueprints are also no longer finite with the addition of the academician. And respec from Elite skill also cost a lot of points as a downside but anyway.
I guess that's true. I'll revaluate it once I actually test out Tech-mining with and without the benefit. I'll either make it not permanent and a small benefit or permanent with a noticeable benefit.

Catalyst Bomber's torpedo sprites are a bit off from where they should be.
I've noticed this as well. I have no idea why this happens and why it only happens to a couple of modded wings since this is also an issue with the Renegade Fighter Bomber. It only happens in the refit screen though. In actual combat the missiles are in the correct spot according to the hull definition.

Kraken Normal version has a behavior problem while the Ludic version doesn't.
Intended actually. The gunship strafe behavior is new from 0.95 and it makes tank gunships much more survive-able since PD misses more when the wing isn't coming straight at the target. This behavior can also distract PD and other weapons away from incoming bombers by spreading out the number of targets over a much larger radius of attack instead of one general 45-90 arc of clumped units coming from one direction. The weapons have been adjusted to be able to fire from the side of the gunship alongside the visual turrets.

If anything makes interceptor carriers a necessity, I'd say tank gunships are the closest to it in this update.

Stoked for the next release!

I really hope that after sashi gets integrated you start messing around with dronelib

I'm most interested in seeing someone create a subsystem mod, and the sooner the pillars of the modding community get into it the sooner someone like me (only not me lol) will make something standalone that can be added to anything!

Anyway do what you want I'm happy to see any progress on AO
I thinking about subsystem mod too, sadly I don't know how to create such, make all subsystems as equipment which you can remove and add to another ship, also this can be expanded to reactor, armor, shield and engines, and make all ship hulls basically a hull, low tech, high tech, no matter - its depends on installed equipment.
I still think ships should have their own built in systems but being able to add phase coils/shields/damper field etc to any ship is really a great idea to me.
I will consider digging through that mod while adding story content. It's certainly a neat idea and the above ideas are cool. I do need to consider balance when making those decisions, however, because that kind of flexibility can be tricky to do correctly. For instance, being able to add a damper to any ship could make some ships way too good due to other aspects of their design such as base stats or interesting hullmods.

......I did it again
I got permission from armaa armatura fornyou to integrate that mod (if you want)

That one may be a bit difficult to manage though so I understand if you dont want to, Cheers either way!
I might do this one too, but it probably won't be immediately just so I don't burn out. I think its also still under active development so that brings increased maintenance at keeping the TC version current, but, that's not a deal-breaker or anything its more just a factor I have to consider as far as when to do what, etc.

Updating to AO to 0.3 seems to have done it, no crash when encountering a radiant so I'm going to assume it fixed the cryosleeper guardian too
Ah glad to hear it!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

it would be fine if there turns out to be some way to affect ordnance points per added subsystem

also im happy that youre considering adding armaa at all!  it does appear like you said to be under active development though so perhaps someday when things stabilize a bit youll be able to mess with it

Raio_Verusia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1550 on: September 02, 2021, 01:44:31 AM »

Are AO colonies with Military sales supposed to have an empty ship market on military tab?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1551 on: September 02, 2021, 10:17:13 AM »

Are AO colonies with Military sales supposed to have an empty ship market on military tab?
It's a vanilla bug that will be permanently fixed in the next Starsector update. There is a tag that should lock ships into only being on military markets but instead it makes it so they are never on military markets and that makes the military ship market empty in most cases.

I'm almost done testing Musashi and when I release that (probably tomorrow at some point) I will also release a small AO update that will both fix that issue temporarily and fix the issue with the new redacted ships not being pilotable by AI cores.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 02, 2021, 12:25:38 PM »

ah i was wondering about the redacted being pilotable by humans
that question is answered then

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 05, 2021, 11:33:09 PM »

I noticed a problem with EMC range reduction. I did have the ECM skill but removing it with cmd doesn't seem to change anything.

The Vanilla version seems to work fine.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 11:42:13 PM by Albreo »

GrumpyDema

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 08, 2021, 02:45:26 PM »

Heyo folks, I'm currently running into an issue with Archean Order where I am completely incapable of invading anything, as in I don't even HAVE the option to invade a planet. I'm running AO exclusively, and have looked through the entire thread for the mod, as well as the guide book that's linked in the mod page, but found no answer. Any help would be great!

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 08, 2021, 09:41:31 PM »

Heyo folks, I'm currently running into an issue with Archean Order where I am completely incapable of invading anything, as in I don't even HAVE the option to invade a planet. I'm running AO exclusively, and have looked through the entire thread for the mod, as well as the guide book that's linked in the mod page, but found no answer. Any help would be great!

You're going to need this mod: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.0

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 09, 2021, 01:35:47 PM »

You should also check this page https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=177.0

Not sure how up to date it is so make sure to check each mods page yourself to see if it has been updated to the latest version of starsector

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 09, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »

The Musashi Manufactory SWP mod is now available on nexus mods. I haven't made a forums post for it yet but I will link everything up when I do. For now, if any bugs show up you can list them here. It should hopefully be reasonably balanced. I spent an extra week of testing on and off but I've had less overall time lately so we will see how it turns out.

I noticed a problem with EMC range reduction. I did have the ECM skill but removing it with cmd doesn't seem to change anything.

The Vanilla version seems to work fine.

Hmm, well, if you removed the skill with a cmd it could be possible that "unapply" was never called - though I don't know every circumstance where that happens or anything. Does it work if, for instance, you change ships that your character pilots? If so, that's probably what happened. Afaik, it *should* work under normal circumstances if that's what it is. I will look into it in more detail when I can. It could be that I misunderstood what the API was doing if its a new skill feature.

@GrumpyDema
In addition to the other suggestions (thanks!), I would check the main page for this mod on how to disable the setting that prevents other non-utility mods from being installed alongside this one if you run into issues at that stage.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 10, 2021, 02:33:28 PM »

just started a new run with musashi
only played about half an hour but i noticed they only have the standard dedicated core (they generally are supposed to be hight tech midline, if that makes sense, and originally came with the supercomputer standard)
overall i like what im seeing so far
i will report more when i get more time into it

(stoked about the integration!)

Flying Dice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 12, 2021, 02:50:08 PM »

Morrokain, after I was stuck playing non-AO waiting for the update, I just wanted to poke my head in to thank you for all the common-sense balance changes you make in AO. It was physically painful being reminded of how bad vanilla beams are. :x
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 125