Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722406 times)

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

yo, allthough i only once tried your mod in the past, can i say thank you to you sir? for making mods and all that, which gives you nothing in return, really, yet you made it and share it with us, and update it, and i just really wanted to say thank you sir

i wish i could say this to everyone out here but i think that is a hour i do not want to spend. though, if you see a friend that happens to mod starsector, share it with them, because that thank you of course goes to them too!

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

yo, allthough i only once tried your mod in the past, can i say thank you to you sir? for making mods and all that, which gives you nothing in return, really, yet you made it and share it with us, and update it, and i just really wanted to say thank you sir

i wish i could say this to everyone out here but i think that is a hour i do not want to spend. though, if you see a friend that happens to mod starsector, share it with them, because that thank you of course goes to them too!

You are welcome and thank you for the kind words. :) I agree that every modder deserves this acknowledgement, no matter how large or small the mod, simply because someone took the time out of their day to do something without reward just to give something nice to a community who shares a passion.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks I was able to reproduce it with that info! I'll troubleshoot where the loop is coming from hopefully through the logs. It happens simply when you click the "launch raid" dialogue option. So the first step, assuming the logs reveal nothing, is to see what script that rule runs and dig into it. Hopefully that will yield something helpful.

I've tracked this down to very specific parameters and I've inquired about it in the modding thread.

Essentially, if you are raiding any of the faction-added mods other than Trader Guilds and you are raiding a Patrol HQ specifically, the game will crash. I looked at the code in question and the issue is either in the faction file or its a vanilla bug in core code locked behind an interface that isn't exposed.

Later on, I'll try and see if I can reproduce this anywhere else in a vanilla faction just in case I'm missing something Alex can reproduce in the unmodded dev version.

I may also have a fix for the issue some have been having with Lazylib but I'm not 100% sure it will work. My IDE still doesn't 100% like it, but it likes it more than the last implementation and it works for me at least, if that makes sense.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

excitement is building!
at least for me LOL
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The raiding issue has been resolved for the next update.

Am I missing any other bugs that have been reported and I haven't touched on??

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

I conquered a planet from a faction not in AO and when I tried to load the save it gave a null pointer but realistically I dont think that matters so much. 
It was a Magellan planet.
Really though I'm only pointing it out si in the future once you get a real release it might get looked into: I'd much rather see you give an update and get to integrating musashi!
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I conquered a planet from a faction not in AO and when I tried to load the save it gave a null pointer but realistically I dont think that matters so much. 
It was a Magellan planet.
Really though I'm only pointing it out si in the future once you get a real release it might get looked into: I'd much rather see you give an update and get to integrating musashi!

If you send me the log, I'll take a quick look in case its something easy, but I understand that a new faction is exciting too.

I think the Lazylib issue should hopefully be fixed now. I can't reproduce it to be absolutely sure, but following the Javadoc this should theoretically fix it as long as the latest version is installed. Since I was testing out the Radiant and the Commissioned Crews hullmod for AC for that fix, I decided to make some improvements to both.

For the hullmod, it has a unique graphic instead of the placeholder, a sound effect, and should pop up some flavor text that I will expand upon later. Its more a proof of concept atm.

For the Radiant/Guardian AI, it *should* now focus on pursuing and destroying cruisers or capital ships while its system is active instead of turning to fire at smaller ships and wasting the duration. It was too easily distracted before when surrounded.

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

More of an observation than a bug report, but Archangel fighters don't really act as fighters per se. They just shoot off their missiles before returning to the ship and end up rapidly draining Flight Replication rather than using their fearsome Ion Weaponry in actual combat. Is this intended and I'm just using them wrong or is this an AI flaw? Because whenever they DO use their ionic blasters, I can see why their LPC is held at "legendary" status, its just that they never actually do this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 07:48:53 AM by FranzDenKaiser »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The 1.4.0.3 update has been uploaded. Get it from the main page!

More of an observation than a bug report, but Archangel fighters don't really act as fighters per se. They just shoot off their missiles before returning to the ship and end up rapidly draining Flight Replication rather than using their fearsome Ion Weaponry in actual combat. Is this intended and I'm just using them wrong or is this an AI flaw? Because whenever they DO use their ionic blasters, I can see why their LPC is held at "legendary" status, its just that they never actually do this.

The Arcangel has been redesigned in the 1.4.0.3 update. Both versions no longer need to rearm and will continue firing on target until destroyed or recalled. That happens because the wing has limited missiles and so they rearm once they run out. I have been slowly phasing them out of fighters or otherwise calling them "strike fighters" to better indicate that they do this. Same thing with gunships.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

HUZZAH
im going to visit my mom in a few days so ill be able to retrieve what i need to HOPEFULLY get back to work with launching a channel

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

just want to remind you derelict empire isnt working properly with AO
the only thing that spawns are smugglers
STOKED ABOUT THE MUSASHI INTEGRATION
hopefully that is gonna come next!
either way im excited to start my newest "civilian ships can fight too" run lol

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

just want to remind you derelict empire isnt working properly with AO
the only thing that spawns are smugglers
STOKED ABOUT THE MUSASHI INTEGRATION
hopefully that is gonna come next!
either way im excited to start my newest "civilian ships can fight too" run lol

Did you update Nex to the latest version? It should have been fixed on Histidine's end and I think an update was released fairly recently. That was one of the things on the patch notes.

But yes I think I will work on Musashi next. It will be a nice change of pace honestly. (Sorry if the art changes are bad for that mod - art isn't exactly my strong suit. I've had some success with some sprites certainly, but I've been told I, err, don't have an artist's eye for things lol. ;) )

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

oh it has?!  not sure how i missed that
aight ima go handle that

Edit: you're right it's working now
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 05:35:18 AM by 6chad.noirlee9 »

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

yo, sorry for asking but, what is muashi?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

yo, sorry for asking but, what is muashi?

Small mod that adds some WW2-style battleships and I think a few smaller craft. It shouldn't take too long to make a TC-balanced version. The author is reported to be ok with it and would host the version on the mod page. I'll confirm that before I publish anything.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21692.0
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 125