Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 726643 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

yea idk if thats vanilla or not either but it definitely happens to me too but it only seems to be scavenger fleets that do that
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

Wow a lot to catch up on it seems! I'll try and quickly get to everyone:

I may have found a bug with either faction relations or maybe the fleet ransom?
Spoiler
I was in some system at a trade hub and a trade fleet for the adamantine consortium came by, aggrod onto me and then asked for more money than I had for ransom. For some reason I started the game with them at -50 hostile.

After the ransom prompt I was no longer given any way to flee even though I had remaining story points and they proceeded to destroy my entire fleet while I tried to escape.

It pretty much ended that playthrough which is a bit annoying, but my question is if that's expected to happen?
[close]
I'm sorry this ended your playthrough! It is actually intended, however. Refusing tribute is a way to really make a dreadlord/baron angry when dealing the Consortium. If you read the blurb about the faction in the lore section of intel, it states that traders and such actively avoid dreadlord fleets or even areas where one was spotted recently with a superstitious level of anxiety. In game, this mechanic is meant to communicate to the player why that reputation is well founded. The Consortium is an unlawful and evil faction, and they are hostile to just about everyone. That is why they are hostile at the start even for the player unless you choose their start. You might consider avoiding their systems entirely - especially at the beginning of the game.

In other words, if you see one of their fleets and can't bribe them, your best bet is to immediately run if you can. I get that it might be a bit annoying when you can't and get caught, but the purpose is to really drive home how dangerous and unpredictable of a faction they are. If you could always avoid them using story points, it wouldn't really feel this way.
apologies if i got something wrong, but the way i understood they either paid the ransom or could simply not flee anymore, even with story points, after going back from that option. correct me if i am wrong but i think that is not intended

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

Adult content

This mod contains adult content. You can turn adult content on in your preference, if you wish

dang. another site to register i guess...
This is because the mod contains some cursing and a few portraits have blood and such, and I wanted to be conscientious of that for children. There isn't really anything "Adult Content" otherwise, and I get that its incredibly mild compared to other things on the internet... I didn't really think about the fact that it forces you to register to the site though.

Sigh, I'll give it some thought. I'm probably being overly conservative and could simply put a self-rating of T for Teen or something. The story might also contain some suggestive and horror content so that would be the most appropriate rating. I think "Adult Content" is probably more for things like nudity and heavy graphical depictions of gore, of which there is nothing like that in the mod.

i mean... sorry, i mean this here more of a joke what i will say, but, you are in a game where civilistation has esentially collapsed into a post apocalyptic scenarion, with lore such as entire planets being cracked/wiped of it's population, where you basically smuggle drugs to almost everyone because of how miserable mining and other work is, and later on beat patroll fleets into submision to still be able to smuggle weapons and drugs and organs to basically everyone, who probably has not the best idea in mind

i think there doesn't even need to be a warning considering how starsector is. it is like going on newgrounds and then being surprised about content that is not for kids

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

on a side note though, apologies for asking, but where is the 0.95 version? the downloaded version said it's 0.91, at least 2 files in the folder had that number

CorsairZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile

on a side note though, apologies for asking, but where is the 0.95 version? the downloaded version said it's 0.91, at least 2 files in the folder had that number

The first post on the first page of this thread is updated for the current version/patch of the mod, labeled "Download Beta." It links to the NexusMods page.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 09:12:53 AM by CorsairZero »

cptshitacular

• Ensign
    • View Profile

just started a new game, ran into a cryosleeper and attempted to engage it. got this error message a few seconds after starting the fight. here's the log for the crash; tried updating lazylib to the newest version but that didn't fix it so i'm out of ideas

45233 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/ext/combat/CombatExtensionsKt
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/ext/combat/CombatExtensionsKt
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.AO_FluxConverterAI.assessNearbyThreats(AO_FluxConverterAI.java:166)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.AO_FluxConverterAI.advance(AO_FluxConverterAI.java:104)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lazywizard.lazylib.ext.combat.CombatExtensionsKt
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 12 more

[attachment deleted by admin]

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

@CorsairZero
I'll probably make it so they explain that pirates have encrypted signals even with their transponder off along with a warning to leave them alone, and give the player a pass (if the player passes a cargo scan) if they have a commission. The player will still have to keep their transponder on, however. There are technical reasons for this mostly.

I'll probably also make the pirates at Mordreath neutral once the player takes a commission with the AC.

@6chad.noirlee9
That would be cool but I'm not sure how to implement it. There might be complications with other things in the campaign but I'm not 100% sure offhand.

The scavenger fleets turning hostile is in vanilla as well. It happens when you salvage something near them and they think they can beat you iirc. It also might happen without any provocation outside of the core worlds.

@megabot
The file names will be fixed in the next version. You are talking about the jar right?

apologies if i got something wrong, but the way i understood they either paid the ransom or could simply not flee anymore, even with story points, after going back from that option. correct me if i am wrong but i think that is not intended
Can you say this another way? I'm a little confused as to what you mean. You should still be able to flee unless you have a very large fleet. That prevents you from fleeing altogether (maybe even with story points) and that is a vanilla feature not mine.

just started a new game, ran into a cryosleeper and attempted to engage it. got this error message a few seconds after starting the fight. here's the log for the crash; tried updating lazylib to the newest version but that didn't fix it so i'm out of ideas
Spoiler
45233 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/ext/combat/CombatExtensionsKt
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lazywizard/lazylib/ext/combat/CombatExtensionsKt
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.AO_FluxConverterAI.assessNearbyThreats(AO_FluxConverterAI.java:166)
   at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.AO_FluxConverterAI.advance(AO_FluxConverterAI.java:104)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lazywizard.lazylib.ext.combat.CombatExtensionsKt
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 12 more
[close]
I put a message up on LazyLib's thread and the modding thread about this. What is your operating system? I can't actually reproduce this but there is something weird going on the dependency in IDE. It doesn't crash for me though.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile

@megabot
The file names will be fixed in the next version. You are talking about the jar right?
[quote/]
yeah, i meant the file itself has 0.91 in it so i thought it is for a previous version and the file i downloaded is not up to date(happened with hazard mining ncorporated once, where i downloaded a version that is lower that broke my game because the main page did not have an updated link)
Can you say this another way? I'm a little confused as to what you mean. You should still be able to flee unless you have a very large fleet. That prevents you from fleeing altogether (maybe even with story points) and that is a vanilla feature not mine.

what i meant was that what i got from what they said(i did not use this mod a lot yet) was that they picked the option to pay ransom but then got attacked anyways and had no option to flee, or got into the menu  to pay but didn't and then after going out of it had no option to flee anymore, whether regularily or with story points. i might be wrong though

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Megabot

Ohhh ok maybe I misunderstood then. Hmm, I'll take a look. It could be that there is a new aggression flag in 0.95a that I have to unset if the intent of the rule is to make a fleet non-hostile. Or there is something deprecated in the rule script.

Wouldn't be surprised actually it tends to happen in at least one case after new updates.

EastwardBucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile

what i meant was that what i got from what they said(i did not use this mod a lot yet) was that they picked the option to pay ransom but then got attacked anyways and had no option to flee, or got into the menu  to pay but didn't and then after going out of it had no option to flee anymore, whether regularily or with story points. i might be wrong though

Yep this is pretty much what happened. It was a bit strange because I got aggroed by a trade fleet and not a roaming fleet. I was in a system owned by some other faction that I think the trade fleet was going towards.

Does Archean Order tend to modify the bounty difficulty? Having a really hard time making money as even 100k bounties tend to have multiple capital ships.

Edit: Ah I did find a possible bug, not sure where to grab log files as I didn't see a stacktrace and this is an infinite loop.

Doing an equipment raid on an adamantine consortium planet seems to hang the game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 06:00:04 PM by EastwardBucket »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yep this is pretty much what happened. It was a bit strange because I got aggroed by a trade fleet and not a roaming fleet. I was in a system owned by some other faction that I think the trade fleet was going towards.

Does Archean Order tend to modify the bounty difficulty? Having a really hard time making money as even 100k bounties tend to have multiple capital ships.
It increases the amount you get iirc. You can adjust the amounts in the mod's setting file if you feel they are too low. There are settings options in the vanilla settings file as well that the mod doesn't override.

Edit: Ah I did find a possible bug, not sure where to grab log files as I didn't see a stacktrace and this is an infinite loop.

Doing an equipment raid on an adamantine consortium planet seems to hang the game.
That's really strange. I don't mess with that code at all afaik, but maybe there is a different way to cause this? I'll try and reproduce it. What planet was it specifically?

CorsairZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile

@CorsairZero
I'll probably make it so they explain that pirates have encrypted signals even with their transponder off along with a warning to leave them alone, and give the player a pass (if the player passes a cargo scan) if they have a commission. The player will still have to keep their transponder on, however. There are technical reasons for this mostly.

I'll probably also make the pirates at Mordreath neutral once the player takes a commission with the AC.

1. The change for Pirates being (more or less) neutral to AC-commissioned fleets in AC space seems tentatively reasonable.

2. I would prefer you not to implement the free pass for passing a cargo scan with AC fleets, outside of the high rep mechanics consistent with other civilized factions. If it's illegal to have my transponder off in AC space, then I should be punished for getting caught with my transponder off in AC space.

3. I don't love the band-aid/hand-wave fix of encryption lore, but to be fair I have almost the same issue with vanilla NPC smugglers getting free passes from most/all civilized/law-enforcing factions. I dislike double standards, primarily (maybe even exclusively) when it's unjustifiable/unbelievable. I attribute the smuggler issue to dev oversight or, more charitably, to "it's in alpha".

But color me, a questionable leader incapable of growing any of my colony's populations above about half of what the NPC factions are capable of, or only being able to be competitively and logistically efficient when dealing with <3001 units of both cargo and fuel, displeased.

Moving back from that digression:
The (corrupt) act of looking the other way for a high rep character or a special case such as the PC not having to obey the transponder law in part of the tutorial? Both good by me. Both believable.

(Assuming this is different than the Pirates labeled as "Scavenger") Pirate transponder modifications that are only available to Pirates (in Mordreath), utilized consistently by all Pirates in Mordreath, that are also going to be so well made by the same engineers/workers making/maintaining the Pirate's jury-rigged fleets that they could fool AC fleets at close range? No dice.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 07:54:22 PM by CorsairZero »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@CorsairZero
I hear you and it makes sense to me. Its less that I think its the best way for it to appear and more that its just how vanilla was set up and I'm not sure I want to delve too deeply into changing it, at least at the moment.

Smugglers never getting caught was always strange to me too, but I think they are tricking the patrols into to seeming legitimate or are otherwise hidden... somehow. That's how I think of it anyway. That doesn't mean they should never be caught in front of the player though. That feels off its true. I also don't understand why I don't get a reward for catching them from the faction if patrols are nearby and see me do it, but I digress.

Anyway, what I might do is turn the Xelion pirates in Mordreath into a separate faction that otherwise looks like pirates so I can better fine-tune their behavior and have it be more clear that these are "bought" pirates that are otherwise separate from the primary pirate faction. It won't be this update or anything, but that would be a nice addition to a more lore-focused update in the near future.

I'm having trouble reproducing both the raiding issue and the tribute issue. I'm able to disengage even while hostile to the faction if I give tribute, and the raid for equipment didn't cause a loop. on Lilith.

So far, I also haven't had issues with the Guardian or Radiant causing an error though my IDE still flags the Lazylib class as being undefined. It still works on all counts though.

I'll wait a little while longer before releasing the update and try some more to reproduce these reports later, but it would be helpful to have more exact circumstances and context for when these occurred. Things like:

The specific planet raided
When did the loop occur in the dialogue specifically?
What is your operating system?

Stuff like that is very helpful in order to track these down if I can't reproduce them easily. 

EastwardBucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm having trouble reproducing both the raiding issue and the tribute issue. I'm able to disengage even while hostile to the faction if I give tribute, and the raid for equipment didn't cause a loop. on Lilith.

So far, I also haven't had issues with the Guardian or Radiant causing an error though my IDE still flags the Lazylib class as being undefined. It still works on all counts though.

I'll wait a little while longer before releasing the update and try some more to reproduce these reports later, but it would be helpful to have more exact circumstances and context for when these occurred. Things like:

The specific planet raided
When did the loop occur in the dialogue specifically?
What is your operating system?

Stuff like that is very helpful in order to track these down if I can't reproduce them easily.

I'm not able to reproduce the tribute issue, I'm starting to wonder if I just fat fingered a key and somehow locked myself into a disengage-with-pursuit instead of a clean disengage.

I can reproduce the raid issue, I cannot attach the save file as it's too large. Is there another way to get that file to you?

Reputation: Hostile -72, I'm currently commissioned by Tri-Tachyon
Size of the player fleet: 99 combat, 109 total, 51 marines
The specific planet raided: Hikmah, there are no defending fleets nearby.
When did the loop occur in the dialogue specifically? Cannot reproduce
What is your operating system? Windows 10

The mods I currently have active are:
Archean Order - Beta 1.4.0.2
Autosave 1.1c (configured to prompt)
Combat Chatter 1.11.2
LazyLib 2.6
MagicLib 0.34
Unknown Skies 0.43
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:16:20 AM by EastwardBucket »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I can reproduce the raid issue, I cannot attach the save file as it's too large. Is there another way to get that file to you?

Reputation: Hostile -72, I'm currently commissioned by Tri-Tachyon
Size of the player fleet: 99 combat, 109 total, 51 marines
The specific planet raided: Hikmah, there are no defending fleets nearby.
When did the loop occur in the dialogue specifically? Cannot reproduce

Thanks I was able to reproduce it with that info! I'll troubleshoot where the loop is coming from hopefully through the logs. It happens simply when you click the "launch raid" dialogue option. So the first step, assuming the logs reveal nothing, is to see what script that rule runs and dig into it. Hopefully that will yield something helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 125