Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722537 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Beta 6/26/21
« Reply #1260 on: June 26, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »

Sigh its looks like a bandwidth issue with dropbox most likely... what crap it only supports 20G of downloads now??  >:( So if 40 people view/download then it breaks the link...

They only have bots for support too which just links back to articles I've already read so there isn't any real technical support.

I'm probably going to have to re-host which is very annoying. I'm not sure how to host on Nexus Mods so I'll have to either figure that out or go with something else.

capshades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 26, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »

Maybe google drive?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 26, 2021, 04:36:19 PM »

Got it up on Nexus Mods. DL has been updated.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 26, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »

Awesome.

A number of weapon tooltips appear inaccurate, but it looks like you noted that already.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 26, 2021, 05:25:47 PM »

Awesome.

A number of weapon tooltips appear inaccurate, but it looks like you noted that already.

Yeah that will be addressed before the "official" update along with a few other minor details. I'll probably wait for 0.95.1a to release that as a vanilla market bug makes faction ships way too easy to get atm so I'll want that to be fixed first.

I didn't test the story with the mod either, so hopefully that will go smoothly.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 26, 2021, 07:22:25 PM »

There are no Drams to be found anywhere, and the Militarized ship market tends to only have 1 or 2 civilian ships.

Also, using Nex, if you chose a random ship, it can result in a disabled vanilla ship with disabled vanilla weapons.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 26, 2021, 07:37:42 PM »

There are no Drams to be found anywhere, and the Militarized ship market tends to only have 1 or 2 civilian ships.

Also, using Nex, if you chose a random ship, it can result in a disabled vanilla ship with disabled vanilla weapons.

The military market thing is a known vanilla bug with the tag that limits hulls to the military market. It instead does the opposite and so the markets are bare of ships. This should be fixed for 0.95.1a.

What do you mean by "chose a random ship"? Under what context? As in the Nex starting options? Or something that Nex does in-campaign like a contact reward? There could be new configuration features that I'm unaware of.

The Dram issue is probably just bad luck. They aren't particularly rare iirc. It could possibly be that vanilla code adds them to markets by ID at a new game start - which could potentially cause an issue early on. But they should show up eventually through standard market additions. When I started a new game during my campaign tests I saw a few at the markets I visited. There were far more Phaetons though for w.e reason.

If you choose a faction start then I think I give a Dram as part of the starting fleet.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 26, 2021, 07:48:55 PM »

Nex's starting fleets, where you choose from a list of possible shipsets. I can't seem to reproduce it with just Nex and Archean, so probably another mod. If I get it again I'll try to figure out cause.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 26, 2021, 08:14:56 PM »

Nex's starting fleets, where you choose from a list of possible shipsets. I can't seem to reproduce it with just Nex and Archean, so probably another mod. If I get it again I'll try to figure out cause.

Appreciated. I know the AO configuration merges with existing Nex configuration, so I can't completely remove access to vanilla ships from the starting options (last I checked) so its possible another mod with higher priority is adding things that would take precedence.

MrDrops

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 26, 2021, 08:27:33 PM »

I only got into modding with the 0.95 release so I'm excited to see a new version! Can you upload the tactical manual as a download on the nexus page as well? Thanks!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 27, 2021, 12:19:25 AM »

I only got into modding with the 0.95 release so I'm excited to see a new version! Can you upload the tactical manual as a download on the nexus page as well? Thanks!

Thanks! When the new version of the tactics manual is ready I will upload it there and flesh out the mod page. I want to wait until it is current as opposed to being years old when so much of the mod has changed from the initial release.

That is part of the reason why I released the new version as a beta in the first place. I have been building upon previous design ideas and I want to reflect that in the manual's info. That, and the shear number of changes obsoleted the manual long ago.

I'm also honestly concerned as to why Dropbox randomly prevented link sharing out of the blue. It's very weird that I was denied sharing capability without so much as an explanation other than a generic "Action not allowed" error when recreating the link. (From research into the matter I'm assuming bandwidth limits, but apparently it could also be a link sharing ban?? - though I can't confirm this because the free version has 0 support options... if this is a paywall thing then at least it makes sense.)

Anyway, if I'm doing something wrong I want to know about it before continuing to release the mod as is. It's incredibly frustrating that I'm getting no information as to why I can no longer create a link to the directory in the repository. (Yes I checked my email for any related reports and there is nothing. The F.A.Q said I would receive an email if it was ban related so *shrug* but I want to be sure if I can. I'm trying to do my due diligence on this matter.)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 27, 2021, 10:12:50 AM »

Phew! I found out that the dropbox links were indeed disabled due to too much bandwidth in a day and not because of anything nefarious like a hack adding unintended malware or anything like that. Alright that makes me feel better!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 27, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »

incredibly stoked to doa runthrough in anticipation of a lets play in the future!

im currently learning my movie maker software and trying to make a decent pilot episode that essentially is a "hey this is starsector im going to run though it" sort of affair

i will try to include footage from this beta as well, hopefully without making a video that is too long

my goal is somewhere around 20 minutes per episode, perhaps longer

besides all that my download is nearly finished, and since im toasted from the gym i think ill just chill the rest of the afternoon with your creation. thanks again!
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 27, 2021, 11:56:39 AM »

I played for some time with latest Nexerelin, Industrial Evolution, DIY Planets, and some utility mods, but got broken save, which crashes on load:
Spoiler
136100 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.overrides.markets.AOSystemMarketManager.removeOverriddenShips(AOSystemMarketManager.java:507)
   at data.scripts.overrides.markets.AOSystemMarketManager.scrubAllMarkets(AOSystemMarketManager.java:113)
   at data.scripts.ArcheusModPlugin.onGameLoad(ArcheusModPlugin.java:113)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I think this will be useful. In 0.9.1. version as I remember Archean Order was compatible with such mods which doesn't add new ships and weapons.

About mod ideas, interesting in what way you plan expand the mod? About my suggestion, I think good idea make more ships for Science Faction and Trader Guild, so they can become full fledged faction like Archean or Adamantine factions, with own ship line and unique weapons. For Trader Guild I think is good idea is unique logistic ships and combat ships with good cargo or fuel capacity, as for style, I think something like this is good style for them: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21717.0

Also I liked bounty changes in Vayra Sector, sadly it still isn't updated, and I'm not sure what it is compatible with AO, where bounties not always on pirates, but also for other factions too, and of course unique bounties also good idea, I'd like to see something like that. Also in vanilla game there is not much difference between hostile and vengeful relation, I think is good idea when player become vengeful with one of faction, it starts put bounty on player head occasionally.

If I don't mistake you also plan a new story line, interesting what do you planning? About quests in general, I found long quests with tons of text being not very enjoyable, like vanilla Galatia quest, when I plated for second time I skipped all that walls of text, I personally prefer some unique but short quests, like Sierra quest from Arsenal Expansion. Also about quests in somewhat similar games, Space Rangers while being 2d turn based space game have text quests, they was also basically wall of text with chooses, but done in more interesting way, being more complex had alot of illustrations and often very different outcomes, like you can just fail or die in that quest.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 12:03:04 PM by BreenBB »

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 27, 2021, 12:53:55 PM »

thats an odd crash

are you by chnce using random sector with nex?
industrial evolution crashes with that option currently, afaik

i stopped using rando sector and no issues

im also using those mods as well as many utility mods, and have had no issues

with that being said, can confirm arma mod is compatible and my aleste docked successfully with a pillager!
looking forward to the extreme challenge that this mod will add to being a fighter pilot  8)

also it would be really cool if you set up mercenaries to work with archean order (new feature in nexerelin)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 01:28:12 PM by 6chad.noirlee9 »
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 125