Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 720645 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Spoiler
@Prince Starfy

I definitely have plans to extend dialogue and create unique encounters, yes. There is a lot to do first, but its something I've been excited to do for a long time. There is a lot of story still up in my head and now that there is a mission framework in place it will hopefully make it a lot easier to implement. As far as specifics,  :-X  (Though there are a bunch of easter eggs that hint at things in the campaign.)

Also I won't lie I wouldn't expect major story elements anytime soon as there is a lot of technical stuff to clean up first - partly to prepare for that sort of thing. That being said, it is certainly on my list of things I really want to do.

I've looked at the Arma Armatura mod's main page and it looks very impressive! The arm animations are an especially nice touch and really sell the mech vibe.

I'm not sure if I can stop fleets from getting sucked into black holes or not. To be fair, though, I've never actually tried to directly affect npc fleet behavior so it may very well be possible. Its something I'll take a look at eventually but its fairly low on the priority list compared to other things. (Like story stuff.)
[close]

i apologize for being that guy......but does all of this mean an update to 95?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:53:21 AM by 6chad.noirlee9 »
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Re: Update

Should be a few days, yeah.

Alex already has some penalty in stock for exceeding the industry cap with his energy shunt. I believe, an upkeep pernalty.
Hmm, ok. Would it be enough of a penalty?

A workaround that I have suggested before, came from another mod, which is to replace a normal star with a blackhole texture. Sadly, a fleet that stalks you seem to have the capability to avoid blackhole build-in but not the normal patrol/roaming fleet. Not sure if anything has been changed since.
It was like that before, but its really weird if the player goes into it and nothing happens. Either way immersion is somewhat broken. What I'd rather do eventually is give patrols the same avoidance behavior that other fleets have.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Re: Update

Should be a few days, yeah.

Alex already has some penalty in stock for exceeding the industry cap with his energy shunt. I believe, an upkeep pernalty.
Hmm, ok. Would it be enough of a penalty?

A workaround that I have suggested before, came from another mod, which is to replace a normal star with a blackhole texture. Sadly, a fleet that stalks you seem to have the capability to avoid blackhole build-in but not the normal patrol/roaming fleet. Not sure if anything has been changed since.
It was like that before, but its really weird if the player goes into it and nothing happens. Either way immersion is somewhat broken. What I'd rather do eventually is give patrols the same avoidance behavior that other fleets have.
Not upkeep, the default penalty is -5 stability according to the config file.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not upkeep, the default penalty is -5 stability according to the config file.

Ah that is more what I was thinking as well. Excellent that will save me some time for sure!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Finishing up skill thresholds and then I'm likely releasing the .95 Beta later today.

I'll update here when its been uploaded.

Prince Starfy

• Ensign
  • Someone that likes Space.
    • View Profile

YES!!!!
Average Starsector Enjoyer

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Finishing up skill thresholds and then I'm likely releasing the .95 Beta later today.

I can finally play Starsector again since it's latest release lol.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Beta 6/26/21
« Reply #1252 on: June 26, 2021, 11:58:20 AM »

The 0.95a beta is now available on the main mod page!

Have fun and please report any issues on this thread.  :)

capshades

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I can finally play Starsector again since it's latest release lol.

Same for me lol

Hench

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 26, 2021, 02:36:39 PM »

The 0.95a beta is now available on the main mod page!

Have fun and please report any issues on this thread.  :)

I’m getting error 404 when I try to download the beta mod

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 26, 2021, 02:42:20 PM »

Anyone else getting this? I just checked the download and it works for me - but I'm the account owner of the repository. Just in case it is a dropbox issue, does anyone know of a good file host without a size limit?

Patreon has a 300mb limit and the mod is too large for that, and Github only lets you upload 100 files at a time so that's out for a quick mirror.

Hench

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 26, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »

See if you could put it on nexus mods

Marco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 26, 2021, 03:03:11 PM »

Anyone else getting this? I just checked the download and it works for me - but I'm the account owner of the repository. Just in case it is a dropbox issue, does anyone know of a good file host without a size limit?

Patreon has a 300mb limit and the mod is too large for that, and Github only lets you upload 100 files at a time so that's out for a quick mirror.

I'm getting 404'd too.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 26, 2021, 03:16:21 PM »

I'm getting 404'd too.

same =/
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 26, 2021, 03:16:41 PM »

same 404 error here.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 125