Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722349 times)

Vocation

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I think there is an exploit/bug. You shouldn't be able to intimidate your own faction. You can basically get infinite money this way. Then again you can just use console commands so not sure if dev time is worth fixing this and being a despot tyrant isn't out of the question, but getting around 300k creds each time you ask for it seems a bit much and just they turn hostile they don't even attack you because they can't. Maybe they could deflect and turn into pirates or something, but there would be a lot of abuse in that also.

Maybe you could get bounties placed on you for being evil?

And thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:46:23 PM by Vocation »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

I think there is an exploit/bug. You shouldn't be able to intimidate your own faction. You can basically get infinite money this way. Then again you can just use console commands so not sure if dev time is worth fixing this and being a despot tyrant isn't out of the question, but getting around 300k creds each time you ask for it seems a bit much and just they turn hostile they don't even attack you because they can't. Maybe they could deflect and turn into pirates or something, but there would be a lot of abuse in that also.

Maybe you could get bounties placed on you for being evil?

And thanks for your reply.

Yeah this is because the system was designed before player fleets were a thing. I have intentions on fixing it I just haven't gotten to it. It might be this update since I'm already reworking that system to a large degree (on the backend nothing is actually changing other than it will be a separate and required secondary mod that will also allow a lot of other faction modders to plug into it in various ways.

Speaking to your suggestions, I'd love to implement factions putting bounties on you for doing these things too often. Probably longer down the road, but I definitely like the idea.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile

hey ive been experimenting with mods that work with archean order and in particular aria and galaxy tigers seem to work fine.
(i havent tried every single one there is) it seems like they all work just fine
in fact the only problem ive hit is certain mods that add hullmods, i can obtain and learn the hullmods but they dont show up when i go to apply them to ships
that is to say in galaxy tigers (they add cool hull mods that cost a lot of op to add a drone bay to any ship that can spare the op) i cant use the drone hullmods
ive noticed a few others that have the same issue
any idea how to fix this?

Have you toggled the filter in the refit screen to show the hullmods? New categories acquired during gameplay start toggled off, and most mod hullmods are in their own categories nowadays.

DOH
that was it lol thanks

Vocation

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Apparently the problem also exist if you have high relations and request for help too. You can get infinite money that way also. I think there should be some debuff that doesn't allow you to request for aid too much. Maybe something like that for intimidation too.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Apparently the problem also exist if you have high relations and request for help too. You can get infinite money that way also. I think there should be some debuff that doesn't allow you to request for aid too much. Maybe something like that for intimidation too.

Agreed, but it shouldn't be infinite, exactly, as unless there is a bug going on here it should lock you out from re-requesting anything for 30 in game days per fleet. Are you able to spam the dialogue for a single fleet?

ClosedBoudy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

im having problems downloading from the main link are there any alternative links i can use?

Vocation

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Agreed, but it shouldn't be infinite, exactly, as unless there is a bug going on here it should lock you out from re-requesting anything for 30 in game days per fleet. Are you able to spam the dialogue for a single fleet?

Thing is you can just go around begging people for money in a circle that would give more money than really anything else. In my sector I got a lot of allied fleets around to beg money from and with 100 reputation they all give me money. And you can beg and extort money from your faction fleets for around 600k each time. Just doing that for 10 mins gave me over 10 million credits.

Can't do it for a single fleet but if you got like 20 different fleets coming and going in your sector you can just sit around and beg and get more money than whole planets provide.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 03:34:08 PM by Vocation »

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I assume you're running Nex? Cause in vanilla there's a lot fewer fleets.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

im having problems downloading from the main link are there any alternative links i can use?

Unfortunately, no. I've heard dropbox can have issues though. I started uploading the last release to Git initially - but the 100 file upload limit is irritating to say the least (there are thousands of files in the mod). I'll see if I can eventually get it all up there and provide a mirror that way. Apologies for the inconvenience! If anyone knows of a site that would work and they have the latest version feel free to link it here (please not anywhere else though  ;) ).

Thing is you can just go around begging people for money in a circle that would give more money than really anything else. In my sector I got a lot of allied fleets around to beg money from and with 100 reputation they all give me money. And you can beg and extort money from your faction fleets for around 600k each time. Just doing that for 10 mins gave me over 10 million credits.

Can't do it for a single fleet but if you got like 20 different fleets coming and going in your sector you can just sit around and beg and get more money than whole planets provide.

Ah gotcha thanks for bringing this to my attention. Sounds like I need to put a cap on it or reduce the overall amount you receive. It scales with fleet size iirc so at the high end it probably gives far too much. On the lowest end I remember it only giving a few hundred credits per fleet.

The other thing I'm tossing around is a global counter that makes it more difficult to be successful the more consecutive times you do it over X amount of days. Still from a lore perspective allies would naturally give aid freely so there will have to be a reason: (maybe something like "our coffers are empty! There is nothing left to give for now!" - that sort of thing.)

Either way, it's definitely something I will address in the future. I also have plans for a good - lawful - neutral - chaotic - evil reputation system for the player that will influence a variety of encounters and lock/unlock commissions and things like that. But the work involved in that is immense so it will likely be a while.

Definitely something I think could benefit starsector. Depending on how receptive the modding community is to it, that one might be another required module mod like Fleet Dialogue will be. And this time, I can start building it that way from the start with Fleet Dialogue as valuable experience- instead of having to rework everything a second time. haha  ;D

DOH
that was it lol thanks

Ah good! I'm glad that was solved!

Razaghal

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi! First to say, the mod looks really interesting and well done! I wanted to give it a try, but I have an error that pops ups in any of the new markets of the mod.

For example, I get this:

619541 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod CHM_scicorps not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod CHM_scicorps not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.getAllMods(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateStats(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.CommissionCheck$NexCommissionCheckMarket.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(CommissionCheck.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I run the recommended mods + Industrial evolution. I tried with deactivating the latter and I still get the same error.

Thanks you for the mod ^^ I hope I can get an answer.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi! First to say, the mod looks really interesting and well done! I wanted to give it a try, but I have an error that pops ups in any of the new markets of the mod.

For example, I get this:

619541 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod CHM_scicorps not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod CHM_scicorps not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.getAllMods(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateStats(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.plugins.CommissionCheck$NexCommissionCheckMarket.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(CommissionCheck.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I run the recommended mods + Industrial evolution. I tried with deactivating the latter and I still get the same error.

Thanks you for the mod ^^ I hope I can get an answer.

Sorry about this! It's a known bug from running this mod with Commissioned Crews. It is being fixed for the next release. Deactivating that mod should help until I can get the fix out.

ClosedBoudy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is there any way to get the tyrant's blueprint?

TeSparg

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I assume this is where you post bugs, if not please tell me where.
I saw some weapons mounts where misaligned from my point of view this is unintentional.

On the Paragon the middle row of medium synergy mounts.( one points more to the outside then the other )
On the Nightreaver the small frontal small missile slots.( they point to the right )

I wanted to attach some screenshots but they are to big.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Is there any way to get the tyrant's blueprint?

Yes, but the drop rate is extremely low. It can possibly not spawn in the sector at all- so the best way to get it would be to raid the Adamantine Consortium's military worlds. I'd say Galar is probably the easiest.

I assume this is where you post bugs, if not please tell me where.
I saw some weapons mounts where misaligned from my point of view this is unintentional.

On the Paragon the middle row of medium synergy mounts.( one points more to the outside then the other )
On the Nightreaver the small frontal small missile slots.( they point to the right )

I wanted to attach some screenshots but they are to big.

Yes this is the place to post bugs, and thanks for the report I'll take a look.  :)

*EDIT*

Yeah I saw what you are talking about. Fixed both of those, thanks!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 11:23:38 AM by Morrokain »

ClosedBoudy

• Ensign
    • View Profile

are the raiding results always constant or can I just keep loading till i get it,also is it affected by the scavenging skill?
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 125