Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722423 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Hi. today i was playing my lvl 15 scientist,  i tried to look at my intel panel and it instantly crashed , pressing the shortcuts did nothing, litteraly.
Do someone know what to do?
Thanks again

First off, thank you for the details that really helps! It looks like an issue with Nex when attempting to sabotage an industry but I'm not sure if I caused it or not as I do add station industries. I'll send this report to Histidine and see any insight can be provided. Thanks!

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, I have a crash issue when entering in a system.

671549 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 001] not found on hull [scarab]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 001] not found on hull [scarab]

edit : I replace in the scarab.ship the id weapons "WS0001" by "WS 001" and it worked.
If it's an error, the file scarab_adamantine.ship have the same "WS0001"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:46:03 AM by al00195 »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, I have a crash issue when entering in a system.

671549 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 001] not found on hull [scarab]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Slot id [WS 001] not found on hull [scarab]

edit : I replace in the scarab.ship the id weapons "WS0001" by "WS 001" and it worked.
If it's an error, the file scarab_adamantine.ship have the same "WS0001"

What version are you on? Are you using the latest one?

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What version are you on? Are you using the latest one?

I've got the same problem with gemini (SW 003 now) in the middle of the space. I play the game since a month so I imagine than I have the last version. Where can I check the version I play ? it's not in the menu or the launch screen.

The thing I don't understand is that .ship and .variant file are in order, my game seem to search weapon slot that not even exist :/
Is there another file that are in charge of weapon except .sihp and .variant file ?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:00:07 PM by al00195 »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've got the same problem with gemini (SW 003 now) in the middle of the space. I play the game since a month so I imagine than I have the last version. Where can I check the version I play ? it's not in the menu or the launch screen.

Ah sounds like you are on 1.3.4e (you can see this in mod_info.JSON in the mod folder) - which until just now was the main download. I wanted to give some time for 1.3.5 to be tested so it was under a Test Download section directly below that. I have removed that now to avoid this confusion since I haven't heard of any critical errors with that version yet.

It will require a new game, but 1.3.5 should solve those issues. That was a major update that allows for most if not all the faction mods to no longer cause crashes (which is what I think is happening here - you are probably running into a faction fleet that has variants of existing vanilla ships that try and map weapons to the modified Archean Order vanilla ships).

------------------------------------------

Cleaned up the main page and added 1.3.5 patch notes. (I've been meaning to do that for a whole but holy cow is it tedious.  :-\ )

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Ah sounds like you are on 1.3.4e (you can see this in mod_info.JSON in the mod folder) - which until just now was the main download. I wanted to give some time for 1.3.5 to be tested so it was under a Test Download section directly below that. I have removed that now to avoid this confusion since I haven't heard of any critical errors with that version yet.

It will require a new game, but 1.3.5 should solve those issues. That was a major update that allows for most if not all the faction mods to no longer cause crashes (which is what I think is happening here - you are probably running into a faction fleet that has variants of existing vanilla ships that try and map weapons to the modified Archean Order vanilla ships).

Yes, I'm in 1.3.4e. Sad to learn I'll need to make a new game ^^'
The weirdest is that I haven't faction mods other than the archean order mod. I've change just one thing. I've add ships to the archean order mod (so .ship, .variant and modifying ship_data) and creating a new bp to have my own fleet design, but all I've done is add something and my ship aren't associated with a faction. I've never touch files of other ship like the gemini or the scarab. so having crash issue about file I didn't touch is weird ^^'

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yes, I'm in 1.3.4e. Sad to learn I'll need to make a new game ^^'

Very sorry yeah I know that is frustrating!  Couldn't be helped, unfortunately, since the changes to make faction mods compatible are impossible to make without breaking saves to my knowledge. At least that should be over and done with. The next update will *probably* be save compatible.

The weirdest is that I haven't faction mods other than the archean order mod. I've change just one thing. I've add ships to the archean order mod (so .ship, .variant and modifying ship_data) and creating a new bp to have my own fleet design, but all I've done is add something and my ship aren't associated with a faction. I've never touch files of other ship like the gemini or the scarab. so having crash issue about file I didn't touch is weird ^^'

Hmm that is weird. :( What is your modlist?

Well, the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head would be an operating system issue with the replace section in mod_info since iirc in 1.3.4e it still overrides .ship files directly. (It no longer does this in 1.3.5)

But... if that were the case there would probably be economy errors as well so... idk. If you run into it again in 1.3.5 definitely let me know. I haven't run into it in the dev version or when I was testing 1.3.5 but I didn't do a full month-long campaign either.

al00195

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hmm that is weird. :( What is your modlist?

archean order 1.3.4e
Commissioned Crews 1.9
Console Commands 3.0
Industrial.Evolution 1.7d
LazyLib 2.4f
Logistic notification 1.3
MagicLib 0.29
Nexerelin 0.9.6d
Practice Targets 1.4
Second Wave Options 0.5.3b
SpeedUp 0.6.0
Starship Legends 1.4.1
Unofficial New Game Plus] 0.2.0 (I never used yet)
Upgraded Rotary Weapons 1.41
Version Checker 2.0
ZZ Audio Plus 1.1.1
ZZ GraphicsLib 1.4.1

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

archean order 1.3.4e
Commissioned Crews 1.9
Console Commands 3.0
Industrial.Evolution 1.7d
LazyLib 2.4f
Logistic notification 1.3
MagicLib 0.29
Nexerelin 0.9.6d
Practice Targets 1.4
Second Wave Options 0.5.3b
SpeedUp 0.6.0
Starship Legends 1.4.1
Unofficial New Game Plus] 0.2.0 (I never used yet)
Upgraded Rotary Weapons 1.41
Version Checker 2.0
ZZ Audio Plus 1.1.1
ZZ GraphicsLib 1.4.1

Thanks yeah you're right nothing there to my knowledge should cause that. So strange.  :o

Well hopefully it has already been fixed. I'm extra glad I got that version out of there now.  >:(

skeets8

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey there,
I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the maximum number of deployment points while using the mod. Whenever I have the mod enabled, it reverts the maximum and minimum back to the default levels of around 200-500, even though I put the options on settings.json to be far higher. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there just no way to change the default game settings while using the mod?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey there,
I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the maximum number of deployment points while using the mod. Whenever I have the mod enabled, it reverts the maximum and minimum back to the default levels of around 200-500, even though I put the options on settings.json to be far higher. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there just no way to change the default game settings while using the mod?

Hi there. Those are overridden in the Archean Order settings.JSON for performance reasons for inexperienced users. Editing the deployment values there instead of in the vanilla settings should work.

skeets8

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Has anyone noticed that Buffalo's are kinda hard to come by? At least for me the hegemony ones are non existent even when i used console commands to try and find a market with them.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Has anyone noticed that Buffalo's are kinda hard to come by? At least for me the hegemony ones are non existent even when i used console commands to try and find a market with them.

Hmm, let me make sure I actually added that to "known hulls" but I'm pretty sure it should be. I don't adjust its rarity at all though.

*EDIT*

Yeah it's there in the faction file in both blueprint added form and specifically added to known ships and priority ships. I also double checked the rarity modifier and its not lower or anything, so it's probably RNG market spawning related. How big a trend is this out of curiosity?

(Also just to be sure - you are talking about the freighter version and not a mod-added version of the combat-converted freighter, correct?)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:49:51 PM by Morrokain »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 125