Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722421 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

Here is the test update.

****IMPORTANT!****
- It will probably not be fully uploaded for a couple hours, but have to get ready to leave so can't wait for it to complete before posting this. *EDIT* Heading out the door, but I estimate the download to be ready by 6pm central US time.

- It will require a new game and break existing saves most likely. A lot has changed. This is not as balance tested as usual updates, but should be relatively bug free to my knowledge.

- You ABSOLUTELY MUST delete or move the old mod directory and clean install this version. Just overriding the directory will cause a bunch of issues and make the mod load much slower than necessary.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:42:32 PM by Morrokain »

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, I tried for a couple of hours the mod but I found out some things I think aren't working. I got a couple of missions (the "take n items to x colony" kind), and every time the mission is in one of the mod's factions (Adamantine or Archean), I can't complete the mission because reaching the colony does nothing (the colony is shown as the ones in construction, with no market).

Also, trying to play with any of the supported mods is apparently impossible, since the launcher doesn't allow me to select them and Archean at the same time (if I select Archean, say Nex is automatically unselected, and if I select Nex, Archean gets unselected). Any of the mods in the list in the description (all the way back in the main post), present this behavior. :(

Granted, when I tried my first play I didn't edit the mod_info.json, but I just tried again, and even after changing the line for TotalConversion from "true" to "false", the "auto-unselect" keeps happening.  :-\

Anyway, thanks for any help you could give.

I'm running the game with Linux and everything works fine (except what I just posted). :P

Thanks for the mod, hope you finish the dialogues and tutorial soon. :)

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

Hi, I tried for a couple of hours the mod but I found out some things I think aren't working. I got a couple of missions (the "take n items to x colony" kind), and every time the mission is in one of the mod's factions (Adamantine or Archean), I can't complete the mission because reaching the colony does nothing (the colony is shown as the ones in construction, with no market).

Also, trying to play with any of the supported mods is apparently impossible, since the launcher doesn't allow me to select them and Archean at the same time (if I select Archean, say Nex is automatically unselected, and if I select Nex, Archean gets unselected). Any of the mods in the list in the description (all the way back in the main post), present this behavior. :(

Granted, when I tried my first play I didn't edit the mod_info.json, but I just tried again, and even after changing the line for TotalConversion from "true" to "false", the "auto-unselect" keeps happening.  :-\

Anyway, thanks for any help you could give.

I'm running the game with Linux and everything works fine (except what I just posted). :P

Mission can't be complete is a known issue for some time. If you can elaborate more like what kind of mission you take, from, what planet to hand in, would help the author to track the problem. I think this only happens during the first few hours in the game.

You can play this with other utility mods absolutely, do check out "Directions to Enable Nexerelin" in red just under the download link. Be sure to save after edit. It works fine for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost going to start a new playthrough without Archean. Lol. I will do a quick skim through for your patch. Does anything need to be specifically checked?

Edit: I have uploaded a save file with the above bug of not be able to hand in quests. Seem like if I never land at the destination before, I won't be able to hand in the quest. It sounds like some occasional bug on other mod of not being registered as alive by the game.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nk6hUwRxNPLrps3kuF9Cv-ZtdZJ_2wMB
(have to grab the quest from the planet close by first)

PS. Tri-tac is about to lose once again
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:59:27 AM by Albreo »

marianojoey

• Ensign
    • View Profile

You can play this with other utility mods absolutely, do check out "Directions to Enable Nexerelin" in red just under the download link. Be sure to save after edit. It works fine for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the answer, I found the problem, I had two different versions of Archean downloaded (I tried the mod a long time before) and didn't notice the folder (have a lot of mods), so I was making the change in the line for the older version, and the game was picking up the newer version, so no, it wasn't working. :P

That's solved (all the mods are being selected and kept that way), I'll start a new game now and check about the markets and stuff. :)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Albreo Thanks for helping someone out and thanks for the save file that will likely really help! I'll take a look at it today. Hopefully I can get this fixed or at least narrow down the mod causing it if that ends up being the case.

Thanks! I hope I can go more in depth on that after the next starsector update. I'm waiting for that since the code relating to missions will probably change. The rules dialogue is safe to expand though, so I want to add more dynamic descriptions and fleet encounter dialogue. That is time intensive so there will be plenty to do in the meantime.

I'm almost going to start a new playthrough without Archean. Lol. I will do a quick skim through for your patch. Does anything need to be specifically checked?

PS. Tri-tac is about to lose once again

No worries!  :)

If you do a quick skim then the new colonies that were added would be a good thing to check, or balance changes in general. Capitals were overhauled and the Megalith is much more powerful and costly so test play around that would be useful. But no big deal if you want to try other mods- the point is to have fun!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:22:37 PM by Morrokain »

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Could you make a version of this mod where you only add the dialogue options? Instead of just murdering everyone I meet as a pirate, I'd like to just threaten them till they give me their stuff. I would download the whole thing, it seems like quite a good mod, but there are many other mods I want to use as well, and the grand majority aren't compatible with yours.

So, I was thinking, for those who just want the dialogue options, is that possible? Is there some way for me to make that change my self?

Also, your new ships and weapons look pretty cool, so in addition to my above questions, could you have a mod that only adds the ships and weapons? That shouldn't interfere with any other mods either I wouldn't think.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Could you make a version of this mod where you only add the dialogue options? Instead of just murdering everyone I meet as a pirate, I'd like to just threaten them till they give me their stuff. I would download the whole thing, it seems like quite a good mod, but there are many other mods I want to use as well, and the grand majority aren't compatible with yours.

So, I was thinking, for those who just want the dialogue options, is that possible? Is there some way for me to make that change my self?

Also, your new ships and weapons look pretty cool, so in addition to my above questions, could you have a mod that only adds the ships and weapons? That shouldn't interfere with any other mods either I wouldn't think.

Absolutely!  :)

Both of these options will be available very soon. I'm module-izing those very things for stand alone releases and this test update is partly to verify compatibility with more mods and some recently requested balance changes. A lot of work in this update was to separate out the ids from competing with other mods so that I can compile a ship and weapon pack more easily. Consider it groundwork for the above. A lot of this is structural changes to the mod code and should be otherwise unnoticeable- but it was a substantial undertaking that hopefully will allow for easier modulization and better compatibility with the TC as well. As an example from a past request, I think Ship and Weapon Pack is now compatible with the TC when following the instructions to enable Nex. Most faction mods should be compatible now (unbalanced but compatible) and the only things that won't work well are ones that modify industries. Adding industries is probably ok, but trying to override orbital stations, for instance, won't work well.

The plan: The Archean Order factions' ship and weapon pack versions will remove those obstacles and allow vanilla ships and weapons back into the codex and standard markets. It will start out as just a fork that doesn't add any markets to the economy but lets the ships and weapons be available through blueprint drops. That should preserve the modiverse economy hopefully. You could theoretically feed those blueprints to pirates to fight against them if you wanted to, but a player would be opting in to that imbalance as a result. As it gets more vanilla balanced, I will add a market or two for each faction pack using the Map of the Modiverse as a guide.

The dialogue options are a little trickier, but very doable. I wanted to wait until I could add other cools things to it and better flesh out the system/dialogue for releasing it stand-alone, but the demand is there so I may as well fork it and update both as I make that system better. It will add a bit of work, but overall I think it will be better for the community to have that option available. I would also like to work on a way to allow other modders to add their own dialogue to that system in their mods, but I'm not 100% sure how to go about that yet. It's definitely something I want to do though.

Balancing the ship and weapon pack will take a lot more time as it will very likely require stand-alone sprite edits as well as massive stat changes to be more in line with vanilla. I will work on it from time to time but still want to actively work on the TC as well. Since I don't think it will break anything, per se, with the way I am planning to structure that pack, I can still release it unbalanced and update it with balance changes as I get to them.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Albreo Thanks for helping someone out and thanks for the save file that will likely really help! I'll take a look at it today. Hopefully I can get this fixed or at least narrow down the mod causing it if that ends up being the case.

I took a look here and I can't find Resist Inspections 1.0 - can you link me that mod? It's not on the index and a search on the mod forums doesn't bring it up either. I will need to to use the save file. Thanks for the time!

Nevermind found it! It was in modding.

Update: Ok there was a shipment for transplutonic ore to Sci-Corps Training facility in the save you linked. Upon accepting it I traveled to Kazeron and got the ore. Then went to the facility. If you are expecting a dialogue on docking that won't happen in every case- its random. If you don't get the dialogue, you have to go to the comm directory. There will be an NPC with a yellow "!" in the box. Choose that person and you will get the dialogue to turn in the quest. Screenshots:

Spoiler

[close]

Is this what you were referring to? Everything works on my end with all the mods in your mod list enabled.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:12:53 PM by Morrokain »

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Absolutely!  :)

Both of these options will be available very soon. I'm module-izing those very things for stand alone releases and this test update is partly to verify compatibility with more mods and some recently requested balance changes. A lot of work in this update was to separate out the ids from competing with other mods so that I can compile a ship and weapon pack more easily. Consider it groundwork for the above. A lot of this is structural changes to the mod code and should be otherwise unnoticeable- but it was a substantial undertaking that hopefully will allow for easier modulization and better compatibility with the TC as well. As an example from a past request, I think Ship and Weapon Pack is now compatible with the TC when following the instructions to enable Nex. Most faction mods should be compatible now (unbalanced but compatible) and the only things that won't work well are ones that modify industries. Adding industries is probably ok, but trying to override orbital stations, for instance, won't work well.

The plan: The Archean Order factions' ship and weapon pack versions will remove those obstacles and allow vanilla ships and weapons back into the codex and standard markets. It will start out as just a fork that doesn't add any markets to the economy but lets the ships and weapons be available through blueprint drops. That should preserve the modiverse economy hopefully. You could theoretically feed those blueprints to pirates to fight against them if you wanted to, but a player would be opting in to that imbalance as a result. As it gets more vanilla balanced, I will add a market or two for each faction pack using the Map of the Modiverse as a guide.

The dialogue options are a little trickier, but very doable. I wanted to wait until I could add other cools things to it and better flesh out the system/dialogue for releasing it stand-alone, but the demand is there so I may as well fork it and update both as I make that system better. It will add a bit of work, but overall I think it will be better for the community to have that option available. I would also like to work on a way to allow other modders to add their own dialogue to that system in their mods, but I'm not 100% sure how to go about that yet. It's definitely something I want to do though.

Balancing the ship and weapon pack will take a lot more time as it will very likely require stand-alone sprite edits as well as massive stat changes to be more in line with vanilla. I will work on it from time to time but still want to actively work on the TC as well. Since I don't think it will break anything, per se, with the way I am planning to structure that pack, I can still release it unbalanced and update it with balance changes as I get to them.

Thanks for the quick response! Modularization for the mod's different features sounds great, especially for your dialogue options, it's really something unique I haven't seen anyone else do.

You mentioned that other modders might be able to make dialogue for their mods, so does that mean that each faction has different dialogue options/different chances for options' results? If so I'd think you could have some sort of universal set of dialogue options that apply to every faction unless told otherwise, that way a dialogue options standalone mod should work regardless of the faction mods it's paired with.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the quick response! Modularization for the mod's different features sounds great, especially for your dialogue options, it's really something unique I haven't seen anyone else do.

You mentioned that other modders might be able to make dialogue for their mods, so does that mean that each faction has different dialogue options/different chances for options' results? If so I'd think you could have some sort of universal set of dialogue options that apply to every faction unless told otherwise, that way a dialogue options standalone mod should work regardless of the faction mods it's paired with.

I'm not sure how that would work considering the current code. It would have to read a config json most likely and check for jsons under a unique directory in other mods- but my experience doing that sort of thing is zero so it may prove difficult, idk. Just some initial thoughts.

I'll know more once I separate out the jars and get a stand-alone version working.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile

Update: Ok there was a shipment for transplutonic ore to Sci-Corps Training facility in the save you linked. Upon accepting it I traveled to Kazeron and got the ore. Then went to the facility. If you are expecting a dialogue on docking that won't happen in every case- its random. If you don't get the dialogue, you have to go to the comm directory. There will be an NPC with a yellow "!" in the box. Choose that person and you will get the dialogue to turn in the quest. Screenshots:

Wait what!? but my save was a delivery quest from the planet underneath to the temple of the dark star. lol. Once you are in just accept the bar quest immediately. It should always be bugged.

If you do a quick skim then the new colonies that were added would be a good thing to check, or balance changes in general. Capitals were overhauled and the Megalith is much more powerful and costly so test play around that would be useful. But no big deal if you want to try other mods- the point is to have fun!

If it's balance thing, yep, Tri-tac is very underpowered. They don't have High Command on their major planet, so, no Paragon for defence. Even on Culann, it's only a military base. Culann falls 5 min into the game from everyone's hatred toward Tri-tac. I think Hybrasil system, maybe, shouldn't have Archean Order there and boost Tri-tac defence in the system with one or more planet and enhance Eochu Bres and Culann with high commands.
Can there also be a ceasefire between Tri-tac and Hegemony for some time like 2-3 cycles or it maybe broke after Tri-tac has a certain number of planets?

I do think that NEX thingy is too aggressive and a bit unsuitable for immersion. If it were me, I would tone down a lot of invasions and more raid instead, an invasion should also triggered a defensive fleet respond.

Is it intended to have Special task forces combine with invading fleet in an invasion? I still observed 1 invasion fleet + 2 Special task forces in an invasion by Hegemony with a prediction force of 1 fleet. Those fleets have the same amount of strength.

Adamantine now fighting with everyone properly but I might miss their pirate base a bit. Oh, they still have a pirate base spawn. Neat.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:46:48 AM by Albreo »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Wait what!? but my save was a delivery quest from the planet underneath to the temple of the dark star. lol. Once you are in just accept the bar quest immediately. It should always be bugged.

From the market at the start of the save? Just so I'm clear?

*EDIT* Also, gotcha so this is a bar delivery quest not a procurement mission. Good to know!

*EDIT 2* I think I found the source of this. Once I can verify that fix with the save I'll release the update. Thanks for the information and the save file to reproduce the results! They were instrumental in the potential fix. :)

*EDIT 3*

I likely fixed this up in general, but for the save you will still get:

Spoiler
[close]

-because the spaceport is disrupted from Nex raids or yourself I think:

Spoiler
[close]

I'm not 100% sure yet. I'll test the rules file more tomorrow.

Nvm, it's just a black market mission that is why I am getting that response. I'll try to see if I can sneak in real quick.

*EDIT 4*

Confirmed the fix. I'll upload it soon.

Added the fix to the test download. - Hotfix

For hotfixing this issue, only override the rules.csv file from this link to: "Archean Order/data/campaign"

Hotfixing should work with the linked save without a new game required.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:41:14 AM by Morrokain »

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've been playing (and streaming) a playthrough with the new version and it's been great so far. The new weapon fx helps a lot when it comes to readability. I did get a lot of free capital ships already from just finding them drifting around after NPC fleet battles, but obviously small sample size so I don't know if that's common.

Combat Capacitor ships are properly scary now, it's great. There's (a few?) Luddic Path ships that have it however that also sport built-in SO, which means their combat capacitors are semi redundant (they're already getting the flux-speed-boost from SO, so that part of the combat caps is wasted). Don't know if that's intentional or not.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 09:30:22 AM by DatonKallandor »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

If it's balance thing, yep, Tri-tac is very underpowered. They don't have High Command on their major planet, so, no Paragon for defence. Even on Culann, it's only a military base. Culann falls 5 min into the game from everyone's hatred toward Tri-tac. I think Hybrasil system, maybe, shouldn't have Archean Order there and boost Tri-tac defence in the system with one or more planet and enhance Eochu Bres and Culann with high commands.
Can there also be a ceasefire between Tri-tac and Hegemony for some time like 2-3 cycles or it maybe broke after Tri-tac has a certain number of planets?

I do think that NEX thingy is too aggressive and a bit unsuitable for immersion. If it were me, I would tone down a lot of invasions and more raid instead, an invasion should also triggered a defensive fleet respond.

Is it intended to have Special task forces combine with invading fleet in an invasion? I still observed 1 invasion fleet + 2 Special task forces in an invasion by Hegemony with a prediction force of 1 fleet. Those fleets have the same amount of strength.

Adamantine now fighting with everyone properly but I might miss their pirate base a bit. Oh, they still have a pirate base spawn. Neat.

Agreed. The plan with Tri-Tachyon is to give them a high command system of their own that will also contain another Trader Guilds and Luddic Path market. Maybe one more market on top of that. That will give them a place of power outside of the Eldritch Fortress system and another large market. Then I may sprinkle another one into another system closer to their other markets. That should help with Nex balance in that case. I'll see about possibly reducing the chances of Tri-Tachyon/Hegemony war for a bit. That may be beyond what I can do, though, because:

For Nex aggression, I would ask on the Nex thread if there are settings in the Nex mod to tone that down. I don't remember all the settings but there are a fair amount of them. Specifically, I only control the aggression of my personal factions in the mod. I removed any attempt at editing core factions in this update because the modifiers stack instead of overriding one another.

I've been playing (and streaming) a playthrough with the new version and it's been great so far. The new weapon fx helps a lot when it comes to readability. I did get a lot of free capital ships already from just finding them drifting around after NPC fleet battles, but obviously small sample size so I don't know if that's common.

Combat Capacitor ships are properly scary now, it's great. There's (a few?) Luddic Path ships that have it however that also sport built-in SO, which means their combat capacitors are semi redundant (they're already getting the flux-speed-boost from SO, so that part of the combat caps is wasted). Don't know if that's intentional or not.

Hey great! Glad that helped. I have plans to reduce capital access substantially, but that might have to wait until story points are a thing. As far as Luddic Path- it was an oversight, yes. Any thoughts on systems that would work better? Ironically, though not typically the best system- flare launchers might synergize with their hullmods pretty well.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I seem to be having an issue with this mod

whenever I select archean order in the mod menu it seems to deselect some of my other mods which are supposed to be compatible with the mod

and it only happens when I select archean order, all the other mods don't do that
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 125