Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722250 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Nex - Fixes 11/18
« Reply #555 on: January 20, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »

Download
Main Mod Directory

Update notes:

Campaign Content Additions and Balance Changes
-------------

--- Campaign Changes:
-------------
    - Adamantine Consortium no longer trades when hostile to the player with their transponder on. (Can use tribute to avoid fighting in some cases)
    - Adamantine Consortium still pursues an otherwise neutral player with their transponder off. (Can use tribute to avoid fighting in some cases)
    - Lockdown Protocol changed to reduce chance to recover the vessel by 25% if not player owned instead of completely preventing recovery.
    - Increased the amount of dialogue variance for some interactions for new factions.
    - Tripled cost of Adamantine Consortium tribute demands while traveling through their territory.
    - New music across the new factions' fleet and market encounters (the old music is still there as well- though may have been moved).

--- Colony Changes:
-------------
    - More new faction colonies have custom descriptions upon docking with that colony that are centered around the system's lore.
    - Xelion is now a free port to allow some limited though dangerous access to Adamantine Consortium tech even while hostile to that faction.
    - Dialogue descriptions are now mostly unique between planetary markets and the more notable lore based stations that guard them.
    - Many of the new factions' colonies have changing dialogue based around the player's reputation with that faction.
    - Temple of the Dark Stars and Ilyss are now separate markets. Temple of the Dark Stars is the High Command military center of the Archean Order.
    - Eldritch Fortress and Penumbros are now separate markets.
    - Temple of the Dark Stars is only accessible for trade with a welcoming reputation with the Archean Order.
    - Some markets are now inaccessible for legal trade when reputation falls to suspicious for some factions' markets.
-----

Bug Fixes
-------------
 - Fixed issues with Galar description text under certain circumstances.
 - Fixed some inaccurate cease fire result decriptions for the Adamantine Consortium.
 - Corrected fuel costs per lightyear and fuel capacity for some vessels.
 - Fixed instances where tribute requests for the Adamantine Consortium resulted in weird behavior or failed to prevent the fleet's hostility if accepted.
 - Some dialogue and typo polish from the last update of the commodity request system.
-----

Misc
-------------
 - Corrected compatibility with custom mod faction fleets. (Further working towards as much mod diversity as possible!)
 - Tidied up sounds.json overrides to only include Archean Order faction weapons and sounds instead of overriding the entire vanilla sounds spectrum as a safeguard.
 - Added quite a bit of new music. Not all of it is currently implemented, and some will be separated out for eventual boss encounters.
-----

New music from - Adrian von Ziegler (purchased with receipt available)- https://adrianvonziegler.bandcamp.com/

*EDIT* Mismatched the ids for the Trader Guilds' Economy Center trade panel description and Traveler's Triumph station trade panel description. That has been corrected. Just redownload the rules.csv file under "data\campaign" to fix- but overall a very minor issue.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 12:09:48 AM by Morrokain »

Croy07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Lore update 1/20
« Reply #556 on: January 21, 2020, 08:04:18 AM »

Hello! This is my first post; Im really loving the game and all of the mods for it so far! But, I've stumbled upon what might be a problem?
I paid to govern a planet, Eldrus (Barren World), under the Archean Order. I'm commissioned by them, and chose that as a start for me.
The problem is... It doesn't have Population and Infrastructure built, and it says that it cannot be built. Industry is 1/0, and it has some other strucutes and industries already built.  I have some other mods enabled as well, and I'll post them all at the end in case anyone here knows if theres one that causes a problem like this. (Copy pasting my enabled_mods.json) I looked through the list and I know I have some that aren't on the verified compatible list, but I also couldn't find stuff that is for sure incompatible either. Other than Varya's Sector, but I read through the comments to find that one.
Thank you for reading through this and helping out, if there's any help that can be had from this!

Spoiler

"anotherportraitpack",
  "archeus",
  "lw_autosave",
  "sd_boardable_unboardables_vanilla",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "gflportraitpack",
  "sun_hyperdrive",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "sun_new_beginnings",
  "nexerelin",
  "portrait",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "Boggled Station Construction",
  "terraforming",
  "US"
[close]

Edit: Also, a faction fleet of the Archeon Order now hails me, and wont let me leave the window without engaging, even though I have relations at 100. They even ask me to direct their wrath... but if I fight them, I lose all relations with them. So I'm not really sure what to do about this now either. Archeon Order Templar Gaurd, right outside of one of their big worlds in their main sector.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:13:53 AM by Croy07 »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 21, 2020, 03:33:47 PM »

Hi thanks for the feedback! Been a busy day IRL for me but I should have some time later tonight to investigate the industry issue.

Quick question on the patrol issue: Were you smuggling beforehand or did you turn your transponder off? If you happen to get a chance- a screenshot of the dialogue, even, would be great. There are a lot of possible interactions it could be, but it sounds like an issue with a rules.csv entry having too high a weight in a specific encounter.

Croy07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 21, 2020, 05:41:25 PM »

Nope, I haven't smuggled and I had my transponder on. I was trying to go to the planet and it just.. hailed me. I don't have a screenshot, if it happens again I'll be sure to! (I also dont know the screenshot button, I'll look that up immediately!)
It said that my fleet was too large to disengage, but they wouldn't let me go either. I got around it by loading an earlier save, going back, and then just.. waited around the planet for a while, staying just within range of their sensors to see if theyd try to follow me.. but it only happened when I tried to go to the planet, it was weird. It happened about 3 times in a row, before I tried that, and then .. it just stopped. It only happened after I warped into the sector and immediately went to the planet. If it happens again I'll screenshot and document it as best as I can!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2020, 09:41:41 PM »

Thanks yeah hmm that is strange I'll try and reproduce it after I work on the industry bug with Eldrus.

You can take a screenshot with the "print screen" button. The pics are under *base directory*\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:09:46 AM by Morrokain »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 22, 2020, 01:49:15 AM »

I believe I corrected the issue with Eldrus not being able to be governed. I forgot to add that industry in the market code. It will unfortunately require a clean install and a new game to take effect. Sorry about that.  :(

(I added all the files to the main download link so redownloading the mod from there will hopefully solve the problem and prevent it from happening in the future.)

To make this effort a little more worth it I took the time for some very minor description polish and rules clean up for market flavor text as well as balanced out the economy for some markets that break the rules as far as industry maximums are concerned. This was mostly legacy cleanup that would require a new game in the first place. It doesn't seem to break the economy though it does cause a couple minor shortages.

Let me know if this causes anything unexpected, but it seems stable enough.
-------

I wasn't able to reproduce the patrol behavior yet. I flew around on full reputation with a commission with the Archean Order and tried to see if any patrols pursued me. I started about 3 or 4 new games for variance and didn't see anything. If this happens again please let me know.

On a side note just in case, if you had smuggled at some point in the past maybe? Sometimes the patrols will remember that and search your fleet when you return. Kind of a shot in the dark at this point but worth noting.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:50:49 AM by Morrokain »

dimzki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:34 AM »

@Morrokain, is that Eldrus part of the new update of was it in the old one too ? i haven't updated my game yet in fear of breaking save...    how's the Lightshow mod compatibility going ?  ;D

i want to ask whether the whooping increase to flux for beam weapon by 60% if i install Advanced Optics is intended? i mean, i could understand if it's 20% or 30%
but 60% is way too much, i think... idk, im not a pro at this game
in the end, i used that thing only if im using a non-flux beam weapon... in fear of raking too much soft flux

also, i think a dreadnaught (megalith) in the mod is a bit underwhelming compared to a battleship,
i mean, dreadnaught is supposed to instill fear to its enemies, but i can fight it just fine with paragon...
at first i thought "oh ***, do i have to fight it ?" when they send a raid force to my lovely terran planet
but then... "that wasn't as hard as i thought it'll be"

i want to feel like when facing a dreadnaught, i couldn't win unless i surround it with 3-4 battleship or another dreadnaught... me 'em bigger and more badass please  ::)

or maybe because the AI is not as smart as i thought ::)

Croy07

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 22, 2020, 08:33:31 AM »

Thank you so much! It's fine, I'll start a fresh save and let you know if I find anything weird! As for the patrols.. yeah, that was really weird, and it hasn't happened since I averted it the first time. I had saved past that, but now I wish I hadn't so I could send you a screen shot! Still, if it happens again, I'll be sure to post it here. Thank you for looking into it for me though :)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 22, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »

@Morrokain, is that Eldrus part of the new update of was it in the old one too ? i haven't updated my game yet in fear of breaking save...    how's the Lightshow mod compatibility going ?  ;D

i want to ask whether the whooping increase to flux for beam weapon by 60% if i install Advanced Optics is intended? i mean, i could understand if it's 20% or 30%
but 60% is way too much, i think... idk, im not a pro at this game
in the end, i used that thing only if im using a non-flux beam weapon... in fear of raking too much soft flux

also, i think a dreadnaught (megalith) in the mod is a bit underwhelming compared to a battleship,
i mean, dreadnaught is supposed to instill fear to its enemies, but i can fight it just fine with paragon...
at first i thought "oh ***, do i have to fight it ?" when they send a raid force to my lovely terran planet
but then... "that wasn't as hard as i thought it'll be"

i want to feel like when facing a dreadnaught, i couldn't win unless i surround it with 3-4 battleship or another dreadnaught... me 'em bigger and more badass please  ::)

or maybe because the AI is not as smart as i thought ::)

Eldrus fix:

Its just in the jar for 1.3.4e at the moment, though I can add it to 1.3.4d just as easily if that would be desirable. It would require a new start all the same, however, so if you want to keep your current save then hold off on updating. (I don't think updating would break it, per se, but since I can't be 100% sure- this is the safest way)

Lightshow:

Havent even started...  :P I still have some reported errors to get through from the last update. Most critically: there is a rather obscure CTD error for linux users. That may take some time in the worst case scenario.

Advanced Optics:

I'll have to double check the math- a reduction in penalty could be possible. The idea of that hullmod is that it converts a "perfect accuracy" strike weapon to a "perfect accuracy" fire support/siege weapon. It's a pretty substantial range increase for most beams- and so it needs a really harsh penalty to the base stats or beams will become very OP. Without that hullmod, beams are flux efficient high alpha strike weapons that are somewhat mitigated by good flux dissipation. With that hullmod, they become the same thing- but typically 50% or more additional range- so they must become flux inefficient to compensate- or players/AI will kite to victory every time.

So an explanation on theory is all well and good, but how does it feel? Have you tried a beam focused ship using that hullmod yourself? If you have, and the flux buildup still feels too harsh- I'm open to the idea. Knowing your build will help too, so I know what weapons you are trying on what ships, etc.  :)

Dreadnoughts:

So I'm not the only one who feels this way?  :D

In all seriousness, though, the Megalith was once really OP. It had 100 more ordinance points and quite a bit more shield strength and flux dissipation than it does now. Archean Order weapons had a lot more range as a whole too. To use the words my brother used when fighting it in an Onslaught... oh wait I can't they wouldn't get through the filter XD. It was something along the lines of "really, really, really, ridiculously unfair."

That didn't bother me so much, actually, as the REDACTED ship of the same size is equally scary. The main problem is that the Megalith can be flown by the player. Due to player power creep, it made things way too easy. A tyrant can be very scary as well, but phase ships suffer from AI problems at the moment. A Tyrant generally dominates the battlespace in the hands of the player.

Because I don't want to increase the cost of deploying these ships to the point where its basically the only ship deployable in a standard battle, I have to ride this particular balance line very carefully.

As far as AI goes, yes there is some variance there too in my experience. Part of the reason a high deployment cost like the vanilla paragon is a problem is that the AI will deploy its smaller ships first and then only deploy their capital power when the support has been picked off (since deployment cost limitations means it can't deploy a sizable enough support group that includes the battleship/dreadnought). Or vice versa- deploy capital without support and then send in reinforcements once the capital dies from being surrounded.

I may tweak it a little bit higher in stats/deployment and see how it works out, though, because it should feel scary to go up against one- even in a Paragon or Tyrant.

Thank you so much! It's fine, I'll start a fresh save and let you know if I find anything weird! As for the patrols.. yeah, that was really weird, and it hasn't happened since I averted it the first time. I had saved past that, but now I wish I hadn't so I could send you a screen shot! Still, if it happens again, I'll be sure to post it here. Thank you for looking into it for me though :)

Any time!  :) I'll keep my eye out too.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:18:00 AM by Morrokain »

dimzki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 22, 2020, 11:04:00 PM »

A Tyrant generally dominates the battlespace in the hands of the player.

i got one after a bloody battle involving 2 tyrants and 1 malevolent, sadly only got 1 tyrant at the end.
i've been "hunting" that ship ever since, whenever i see them, i chase   ;D

anyway,
i took the "capital" of Sci-Corps, Directorate Headquarters, and inside there are 7 industries over the limit of 4
that's cheating  :P

not sure if it's known yet, i updated my game to the latest mod version, and this eldrus station thing won't recognize my fleet as having its transponder turned off.
i had a trade mission with pirates inside that station, but no matter what i do, the station still recognizes me even if i went dark...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:28:28 AM by dimzki »

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 23, 2020, 10:20:11 PM »

well lad dumb question, how do i get grand sector with this mod?

I've also learned via the few faction mods i've played with, it seems that they don't actually 'use' there faction's ships and default too the base game ones. Pretty funny.

Blackrock, Legacy are the two. 0 crashes but just defaults everywhere, expect there guns
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 10:43:08 PM by Eliteempire »

dimzki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2020, 01:49:41 AM »

I've also learned via the few faction mods i've played with, it seems that they don't actually 'use' there faction's ships and default too the base game ones. Pretty funny.

Blackrock, Legacy are the two. 0 crashes but just defaults everywhere, expect there guns

check the installation method in grand sector, grand sector requires you to make changes to the vanilla game data
once you've dont that, open archean mod folder, edit the totalConversion from true to false, and voila.

i've been using grand sector in all my playthrough, it's amazing

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »

check the installation method in grand sector, grand sector requires you to make changes to the vanilla game data
once you've dont that, open archean mod folder, edit the totalConversion from true to false, and voila.

i've been using grand sector in all my playthrough, it's amazing

If that doesn't work let me know just in case I broke something.

Hmm, that should have been fixed in the current update. Are you using an older version to preserve your save?

A Tyrant generally dominates the battlespace in the hands of the player.

i got one after a bloody battle involving 2 tyrants and 1 malevolent, sadly only got 1 tyrant at the end.
i've been "hunting" that ship ever since, whenever i see them, i chase   ;D

anyway,
i took the "capital" of Sci-Corps, Directorate Headquarters, and inside there are 7 industries over the limit of 4
that's cheating  :P

not sure if it's known yet, i updated my game to the latest mod version, and this eldrus station thing won't recognize my fleet as having its transponder turned off.
i had a trade mission with pirates inside that station, but no matter what i do, the station still recognizes me even if i went dark...

;D

Reported Eldrus transponder issue:

Thanks for the info! I should have some time in a few hours to take a look at that. Hopefully that can be fixed without breaking saves.

Sci-Corps Headquarters:

Still planning on separating these out but don't want to break the economy too bad. I'm shooting for those changes and an additional market or two for the Luddic Church in the next update.  :)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2020, 02:41:19 AM »

Hopefully fixed the issue with having the transponder off not effecting market trade/missions for specific markets. It has been hotfixed (along with some general typo corrections) to the main download.

For those wishing to preserve their save from an older version or prevent a complete reinstall, you can replace the standard rules.csv file of the mod with the one in this hotfix download:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fm5br77z9dr0fyk/AAAsk6ehuJBC6hZyTSZr7Ql1a?dl=0

See:

*home directory*\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods\Archean Order v.1.3.4e\data\campaign\

-for the file location.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 26, 2020, 12:26:03 AM »

Hmm, that should have been fixed in the current update. Are you using an older version to preserve your save?

I think I found some additional potential problems with mod compatibility. I hotfixed some additional legacy overrides in mod_info.json for the main download- all csv files should now merge and only override specific instances of vanilla implementation in the sense of mod compatibility.

I also removed some needless vanilla overrides in special_items.csv.

I want to make a general exception and hotfix these particular constraints (still figuring out what is good and not good to hotfix) for new players trying out the mod, but I sincerely apologize that these hotfix items would require a new download and save to see upon a fresh install.

*Edit* Also, the population and infrastructure industry won't apply to Eldrus without the new jar in the hotfixed update without Nexerelin. I apparently placed this code in the wrong place in the first run and just now caught it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 01:46:49 AM by Morrokain »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 125