Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722223 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

It's actually set to favorable for Consortium->Pirates, but Suspicious Pirates->Consortium, so that's why it doesn't show up under "ally" or "enemy", since they are technically neither. But its's not undefined. Do you mean you want it to show up?

I mean it doesn't show up in the Faction menu as a relationship. Every other faction has a link to every other faction (I think)

-----

The Condor has a similar issue with it's fast racks. Missiles use a LOT of flux in general, (and their tooltips base flux cost on recharge rate, not max fire rate)
I can either try to use it for missiles, or else get good fighters. Either way, its not exactly good.

Harpoons use 2k Flux/second, not the 150 I previously expected. Kinda a vanilla issue, but still. If that is intended, I think that needs to be more clearly stated in tooltips for missiles.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

I mean it doesn't show up in the Faction menu as a relationship. Every other faction has a link to every other faction (I think)

Not that I can see on my end, just that factions allies and enemies. Pirates just happen to be enemies with just about everyone  :)

The Condor has a similar issue with it's fast racks. Missiles use a LOT of flux in general, (and their tooltips base flux cost on recharge rate, not max fire rate)
I can either try to use it for missiles, or else get good fighters. Either way, its not exactly good.

It uses less flux once it has charges (reduced by 33% over the current build) so hopefully that will help with that.

Harpoons use 2k Flux/second, not the 150 I previously expected. Kinda a vanilla issue, but still. If that is intended, I think that needs to be more clearly stated in tooltips for missiles.

I don't think I can do anything about the way its weighted, but what would you suggest for tooltip info? Just that it has a very large flux cost per salvo? Or higher than the tooltip?

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Not that I can see on my end, just that factions allies and enemies. Pirates just happen to be enemies with just about everyone  :)
Ah, nevermind. I see

It uses less flux once it has charges (reduced by 33% over the current build) so hopefully that will help with that.
Rephrase that? Not specific enough, not sure what you are talking about

I don't think I can do anything about the way its weighted, but what would you suggest for tooltip info? Just that it has a very large flux cost per salvo? Or higher than the tooltip?
Uhm, I think it costs way too much flux, at least for the kind of ships it can fit on, and the tooltip should probably state that it costs 2k flux given vanilla tooltip parts don't tell you that.

Its pretty obvious that fast-missile racks are a bit of a problem atm.
Harpoon missile flux costs are actually pretty reasonable given other Medium strike-type weapons, looking at them. I think its mainly the whole fast missile racks that throws it all off.

Any strike/Support weapon with a ROF less than 10/minute (As Clip regen as well as normal cooldown) probable needs a "Flux Impulse" in it's tooltip, stating how much flux it generates in an instant. I spent a long time having useless weapons on some ships that I didn't realize didn't actually have enough flux storage to fire it. This isn't nearly as common as vanilla so it isn't a huge deal there, but here it kinda is.

The math is somewhat simple, but it is still annoying. Especially as it tends to involve parts of 60 AND fractions.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 07:09:58 AM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Rephrase that? Not specific enough, not sure what you are talking about

Sorry I was typing that response too quickly and didn't proofread enough. It was pretty vague.  

What I meant was: Fast Missile Racks in the current build generates 15% of the base flux of the ship per use (not including capacitors, concentrated shields, etc). I have changed that in the next build to only generate 10% base flux per use, a 33% reduction in its cost. It keeps its small cooldown between uses (10 secs) and now only has 2 charges. Charges will take significantly longer to regenerate than the cd (every 100 secs I think).

The charge-based ship system is quickly becoming a necessary theme.   :P

Uhm, I think it costs way too much flux, at least for the kind of ships it can fit on, and the tooltip should probably state that it costs 2k flux given vanilla tooltip parts don't tell you that.

Its pretty obvious that fast-missile racks are a bit of a problem atm.
Harpoon missile flux costs are actually pretty reasonable given other Medium strike-type weapons, looking at them. I think its mainly the whole fast missile racks that throws it all off.

Trying to make sure I completely understand what you mean or would like to see: So you think Harpoons cost too much flux? Or they cost too much flux when used with Fast Missile Racks? Or is it more the issue that I will respond to below, as well, regarding misleading tooltip info?

Also, just so I have a frame of reference for your experience, is this mostly through equipping them on condors, or have you also tried them out on any higher tech ships, if you have them? I can understand what you mean about the condor's lack of flux if you are equipping advanced missiles like the Harpoon or Hunter. Because of its nature as a conversion warship from a freighter, I tried to somewhat limit its combat capabilities in accordance with lore. It's cheaper, and easier to maintain and deploy compared to full combat destroyers, and provides decent fighter support without sacrificing every last drop of combat ability like the Anchorage does- the other low tech destroyer-sized carrier in this category.

Fast Missile Racks being present is also misleading when outfitting the condor for the AIs use. Since that system will likely be entirely wasted- even in the next build, if you are using advanced missiles that generate more flux than the condor can handle. So you are right in this case that builds for this carrier will likely revolve around: Do I lean more on its combat ability (luddic church, hegemony and pirates typically take this route) or do I give it some heavy-duty fighters, bombers or gunships and use fast missile racks for things like swarmers, trebuchets, bolas and salamanders. Combining the ship system with lighter costing missiles or a combination of heavy flux missiles like the trebuchet and flux free ones like the salamander can really let you see the system shine even on the condor.

Maybe that ship needs a little more in its description to let players know its missile limitations. Your thoughts? Any counter arguments?

**Edit: Also, the Harpoon(single) or Sabot(single) version works a lot better on the condor with its system, and saves some ordinance points as well.

Any strike/Support weapon with a ROF less than 10/minute (As Clip regen as well as normal cooldown) probable needs a "Flux Impulse" in it's tooltip, stating how much flux it generates in an instant. I spent a long time having useless weapons on some ships that I didn't realize didn't actually have enough flux storage to fire it. This isn't nearly as common as vanilla so it isn't a huge deal there, but here it kinda is.

The math is somewhat simple, but it is still annoying. Especially as it tends to involve parts of 60 AND fractions.

I agree that tooltips describing "flux per shot/salvo/burst" are needed. Unfortunately, unless things have changed since I last checked, the U.I is off limits to mods. Otherwise I would add both of those entries below "flux per second."

If it has indeed changed, an API file path to the file that handles the weapon tooltips would be very helpful in this case.

On your suggestion: By tooltip do you mean the description in the tooltip? That, I can edit at least. I can try and add that information, but it will kind of look weird and out of place. Guess its better than not having it though, and so likely necessary, especially considering ships just wont be able to use certain weapons, like you said. Still, it will take a little time to get all that information into the descriptions. There are quite a few weapons that fall into that category.  :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:19:15 AM by Morrokain »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Sorry I was typing that response too quickly and didn't proofread enough. It was pretty vague.  

What I meant was: Fast Missile Racks in the current build generates 15% of the base flux of the ship per use (not including capacitors, concentrated shields, etc). I have changed that in the next build to only generate 10% base flux per use, a 33% reduction in its cost. It keeps its small cooldown between uses (10 secs) and now only has 2 charges. Charges will take significantly longer to regenerate than the cd (every 100 secs I think).

The charge-based ship system is quickly becoming a necessary theme.   :P

Heh, true enough. I think that sounds reasonable.
Wasn't it a x cost per missile slotted before? Or am I recalling that wrongly?

Trying to make sure I completely understand what you mean or would like to see: So you think Harpoons cost too much flux? Or they cost too much flux when used with Fast Missile Racks? Or is it more the issue that I will respond to below, as well, regarding misleading tooltip info?
The second mainly. Using them with Fast Missile racks. Hence the changes should help with them, Reapers, and so on.

Most missiles cost a lot more flux, and there are not a lot of "Assault" variants. (As in, low-no flux cost) Mainly there are those PD missiles. Which excluding assault mostly makes sense, It is hard to find a reasonable missile to use.
Also, just so I have a frame of reference for your experience, is this mostly through equipping them on condors, or have you also tried them out on any higher tech ships, if you have them? I can understand what you mean about the condor's lack of flux if you are equipping advanced missiles like the Harpoon or Hunter. Because of its nature as a conversion warship from a freighter, I tried to somewhat limit its combat capabilities in accordance with lore. It's cheaper, and easier to maintain and deploy compared to full combat destroyers, and provides decent fighter support without sacrificing every last drop of combat ability like the Anchorage does- the other low tech destroyer-sized carrier in this category.
Ah yes. In vanilla, it is far easier to use all the slots without horrible flux costs. The problem is that there aren't many missiles which aren't flux hungry, and ships like the Condor and Crucible, and honestly most missile-heavy ships tend to have to either use Reapers, anti-fighter missiles, or suffer massive flux costs. There aren't many lighter-weight missiles around. Will try the smaller racks though.
Fast Missile Racks being present is also misleading when outfitting the condor for the AIs use. Since that system will likely be entirely wasted- even in the next build, if you are using advanced missiles that generate more flux than the condor can handle. So you are right in this case that builds for this carrier will likely revolve around: Do I lean more on its combat ability (luddic church, hegemony and pirates typically take this route) or do I give it some heavy-duty fighters, bombers or gunships and use fast missile racks for things like swarmers, trebuchets, bolas and salamanders. Combining the ship system with lighter costing missiles or a combination of heavy flux missiles like the trebuchet and flux free ones like the salamander can really let you see the system shine even on the condor.
Yea, it has too few reasonable builds, and it's ability really doesn't fit it since it still doesn't have enough flux to run it all, or even close.
Maybe that ship needs a little more in its description to let players know its missile limitations. Your thoughts? Any counter arguments?

**Edit: Also, the Harpoon(single) or Sabot(single) version works a lot better on the condor with its system, and saves some ordinance points as well.

I agree that tooltips describing "flux per shot/salvo/burst" are needed. Unfortunately, unless things have changed since I last checked, the U.I is off limits to mods. Otherwise I would add both of those entries below "flux per second."

If it has indeed changed, an API file path to the file that handles the weapon tooltips would be very helpful in this case.

On your suggestion: By tooltip do you mean the description in the tooltip? That, I can edit at least. I can try and add that information, but it will kind of look weird and out of place. Guess its better than not having it though, and so likely necessary, especially considering ships just wont be able to use certain weapons, like you said. Still, it will take a little time to get all that information into the descriptions. There are quite a few weapons that fall into that category.  :)
I know you can't touch the built-in tooltip, something I asked for as a suggestion a while ago. Would be really useful for a lot of modders.
I mean the description, like how you did for fighters. (Something that got lost from vanilla when they became weapons and you couldn't read it's stats anymore)
Just something like: 2,000 Flux/shot, and 2,000 Flux/sec for 3 seconds would do it. It says 60 shots a second peak, and you got 3 ammo? Easy to calculate by brain.
That just says 2k minimum flux storage, and 6k or 8k to unload all the missiles.

I wonder... Can you hack the cooldown on those missiles, such that after firing it sets the cooldown to 1 second? Or for, like, any strike type weapon?
I mean, being able to unleash 3 missiles in seconds which do terrible, terrible damage is one of the perks of a Harpoon, and even with the flux cost that is the purpose. Just that 450 flux is not quite 6k flux.

The big problem though, is that I looked at the missile, saw 150 flux/second, and said, Yes, I can equip that. I have 200 or so flux dissipation, so it will be a bit tight, but no issue. However, once I try to actually use it, the serious flux impulse shows that is not really the case.

------
Concentrated Shield Emmiter's tooltip says it reduces shield damage taken by 25. you forgot the % there.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:23:18 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Heh, true enough. I think that sounds reasonable.
Wasn't it a x cost per missile slotted before? Or am I recalling that wrongly?

I think so, yes. It may still be, to be honest. That part of the code is not public (or I can't find it, at least). I built the AI for the system off the fast missile racks AI, only tracking current ammo instead of weapon cd, but keeping the same weights on size and safeguards for max flux so the AI doesn't overuse it.

That's just the AI though. I'm hoping using the system doesn't add any flux past the .csv entry, at least.

The second mainly. Using them with Fast Missile racks. Hence the changes should help with them, Reapers, and so on.

Most missiles cost a lot more flux, and there are not a lot of "Assault" variants. (As in, low-no flux cost) Mainly there are those PD missiles. Which excluding assault mostly makes sense, It is hard to find a reasonable missile to use.

Ok yeah we will see how the changes go for that system.

On missiles, I can see what you mean here. But some may seem to cost more than they really do. Part of that may be just because the condor's flux capabilities are quite weak. I am buffing its flux while nerfing its shields (similar to the lasher in the last update). There are the two torpedoes, the two anti-fighter missiles, annihilator rockets, frag bombs, bolas and swarmers that should all be very condor friendly. Even more so after the next buff.

I'll continue to monitor this though and if this doesn't help let me know.

I know you can't touch the built-in tooltip, something I asked for as a suggestion a while ago. Would be really useful for a lot of modders.
I mean the description, like how you did for fighters. (Something that got lost from vanilla when they became weapons and you couldn't read it's stats anymore)
Just something like: 2,000 Flux/shot, and 2,000 Flux/sec for 3 seconds would do it. It says 60 shots a second peak, and you got 3 ammo? Easy to calculate by brain.
That just says 2k minimum flux storage, and 6k or 8k to unload all the missiles.

Ok, that should be fairly easy to handle in the description.

I wonder... Can you hack the cooldown on those missiles, such that after firing it sets the cooldown to 1 second? Or for, like, any strike type weapon?
I mean, being able to unleash 3 missiles in seconds which do terrible, terrible damage is one of the perks of a Harpoon, and even with the flux cost that is the purpose. Just that 450 flux is not quite 6k flux.

The big problem though, is that I looked at the missile, saw 150 flux/second, and said, Yes, I can equip that. I have 200 or so flux dissipation, so it will be a bit tight, but no issue. However, once I try to actually use it, the serious flux impulse shows that is not really the case.

Hm, sorry not sure what you mean by this. The cooldowns, themselves are too long? Or trying to fool the tooltip calculation by an everyframe script?

If the second, not really worth the memory, imo, when I can just add the relevant info into the description. I'm not 100% sure that would even work, though that's only an early presumption.

Concentrated Shield Emmiter's tooltip says it reduces shield damage taken by 25. you forgot the % there.

Thanks, I'll correct.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Ok yeah we will see how the changes go for that system.

On missiles, I can see what you mean here. But some may seem to cost more than they really do. Part of that may be just because the condor's flux capabilities are quite weak. I am buffing its flux while nerfing its shields (similar to the lasher in the last update). There are the two torpedoes, the two anti-fighter missiles, annihilator rockets, frag bombs, bolas and swarmers that should all be very condor friendly. Even more so after the next buff.

I'll continue to monitor this though and if this doesn't help let me know.
Its more that the LRM or other stronger missiles use so much flux that ships that have one of them have trouble running it, regardless if military or not. Most ships with one or two small missile slots can run a pair of hunters, but only if they don't use the flux for anything else. It just seems a little TOO much flux is spent on those larger missiles compared to the size, if not effect.

Hm, sorry not sure what you mean by this. The cooldowns, themselves are too long? Or trying to fool the tooltip calculation by an everyframe script?

If the second, not really worth the memory, imo, when I can just add the relevant info into the description. I'm not 100% sure that would even work, though that's only an early presumption.

Probably worth it admittedly. Just a thought anyhow.
Better to just add the extra bit to the description.

Thanks, I'll correct.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Wow. I just got a Dominator XIV, and gave it two Mark IX Cannons and two heavy railguns (among other lesser weapons)

The amount of firepower that brings is horrifying. Tears apart lesser cruisers in seconds. I suppose that is to be expected from an actual military cruiser.

I mean wow.. The range and damage on that....

I can't wait till Capital ships are inside my price range :D

----

Salvaged a Pillager Class capital ship from a pirate bounty. Even more nasty. Shame it has wrecked armor and hull, but it's ability to focus 3-4 large cannons on a target is scary. Plus it can take quite a bit of punishment. Never got close to losing it, although cruisers do tend to take quite a bit more fire.

The idea of Cruisers being a huge force multiplier is clearly accurate from what I've seen. While They can and do get taken down, they take a lot of damage and have massive levels of firepower, thanks to those medium and large slots.

I am clearly having a lot more fun than vanilla Starsector. I haven't previously gotten this far before. I think I might have gotten an Onslaught a while back, but that was many Starsector Versions ago.

That said, I think the part when I went after a bounty, saw two fleets, paused, and realized that the second one had a pair of Paragons was the point I realized that A, I should run away, and B, I need more firepower before I am confidant in my having "Won" the game.
I do not want to face a Paragon quite yet....

-----
Did you change any of the missions? Sinking the Bismar has a different set of ships that I remember. It might be vanilla, but it might be this mod.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:20:10 PM by Ranakastrasz »

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Wow. I just got a Dominator XIV, and gave it two Mark IX Cannons and two heavy railguns (among other lesser weapons)

The amount of firepower that brings is horrifying. Tears apart lesser cruisers in seconds. I suppose that is to be expected from an actual military cruiser.

----

Salvaged a Pillager Class capital ship from a pirate bounty. Even more nasty. Shame it has wrecked armor and hull, but it's ability to focus 3-4 large cannons on a target is scary. Plus it can take quite a bit of punishment. Never got close to losing it, although cruisers do tend to take quite a bit more fire.

The idea of Cruisers being a huge force multiplier is clearly accurate from what I've seen. While They can and do get taken down, they take a lot of damage and have massive levels of firepower, thanks to those medium and large slots.

I am clearly having a lot more fun than vanilla Starsector. I haven't previously gotten this far before. I think I might have gotten an Onslaught a while back, but that was many Starsector Versions ago.

That said, I think the part when I went after a bounty, saw two fleets, paused, and realized that the second one had a pair of Paragons was the point I realized that A, I should run away, and B, I need more firepower before I am confidant in my having "Won" the game.

-----
Did you change any of the missions? Sinking the Bismar has a different set of ships that I remember. It might be vanilla, but it might be this mod.
From a realistic standpoint, Cruisers are faster and easier to maintain than a Capital ship (Carrier, Battlecruiser, Battleship). However, they pack more fire power than a destroyer and can take a bigger beating. So it WOULD make sense that they would be the main "killing force" of any good sized fleet. I'd say 1 cap ship for every 5-7 cruisers is a good center force.

As for the Paragon's: Good choice. I never fought against or alongside a Paragon in this mod, but in Sim it was still a very strong ship. 2 Paragons are almost a fleet on their own.
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Its more that the LRM or other stronger missiles use so much flux that ships that have one of them have trouble running it, regardless if military or not. Most ships with one or two small missile slots can run a pair of hunters, but only if they don't use the flux for anything else. It just seems a little TOO much flux is spent on those larger missiles compared to the size, if not effect.

It is really important for small LRMs to generate a ton of flux, or they can become a huge problem when massed on every ship. That's why they are only supportable in smaller numbers than other weapons. That being said, I'll keep this feedback in mind. They may indeed be tuned too high. Once I have done some more testing I'll get back to you.

----

From a realistic standpoint, Cruisers are faster and easier to maintain than a Capital ship (Carrier, Battlecruiser, Battleship). However, they pack more fire power than a destroyer and can take a bigger beating. So it WOULD make sense that they would be the main "killing force" of any good sized fleet. I'd say 1 cap ship for every 5-7 cruisers is a good center force.

As for the Paragon's: Good choice. I never fought against or alongside a Paragon in this mod, but in Sim it was still a very strong ship. 2 Paragons are almost a fleet on their own.

:D That made my day, thank you!

On dominator, they have huge forward concentrated firepower that is just barely shy of most capitals, but they are very, very easily flanked.  ;) Tried to stay true to vanilla, there.

On paragons, yes any of the stronger factions' capitals will be a difficult fight, especially if facing more than one. I actually have a harder time deciding which is most difficult to take down. Astrals, in particular, are significantly harder to deal with in anything less than a well-equipped heavy cruiser or capital. Give the Predator or Prey mission a try to see what I mean.

That's not even including monsters like the Megalith or Tyrant. And well, the greatest threat (vanilla redacted top-end enemy)... it destroys max fleets full of capitals and cruisers by itself. You will need several waves of fleets, from what I can see in the simulator.

All of them have been reworked to be balanced for the mod, yes. Some to a higher degree than others. Random Battle has a HUGE number of variants to pull from, and can give a sense of how strong capitals are in comparison to everything else.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

New update. Mostly polish.

The next small update will deal with improving some of the current features.

Content Additions
  • New factions now have custom dialogue when you hire their officers.
  • You can now "Rescue" Officers from the Adamantine Consortium if you cannot afford to pay a "hiring" bribe. This will make the barons less than pleased, of course.
  • New variant for the Osprey-class light carrier that features Mining Drones - added to independent and scavenger fleets.

Balance Changes
  • Tempest-class frigate now has a "small" version of the Wasp interceptor wing wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
  • Acolyte-class heavy frigate now has a "small" version of the Spectre interceptor wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
  • Removed built-in Talon wing for the Atlas superfreighter. Now has two open flight decks instead of one, but not enough Ordinance to carry much heavy strike craft. Standard variant adjusted.
  • The Mining Drone wing now has a combat assault range similar to other gunships, and Assault AI. Ordinance cost increased to 2 (from 0).
  • Built-in Mining Drone wing on the Venture-class combat freighter has been modified to retain its short range support role, as intended.
  • Redacted heavy fighter primary weapon replaced with something stronger. Was too weak for its number/OP cost.
  • Redacted interceptor has had its secondary weapon removed. Was too strong for its number/OP cost.
  • Fast Missile Racks now is a charge based ship system. Reduced amount of times system can be used, costs less flux per use.
  • Crucible-class destroyer has slightly better dissipation.
  • Condor-class light carrier (destroyer) has its max flux capacity increased by over 50%, with a corresponding increase in dissipation. Shield efficiency reduced by 20%.
  • Changed starting variant for Lasher-class frigate to be more easy to manage flux cost of weapons.

Bug Fixes
  • You can now hire new faction mercenary officers as intended. A bug in Rules.csv prevented the dialogue option to hire them from appearing.
  • Removed override of hullmods.csv file to allow power user opt-in of Autonomous Ships mod. (Must still set totalConversion to "false" in the mod_info.json file)
  • Fighter wings should no longer disappear from inventory after visiting the refit screen if hulls with built-in versions of the same type exist within your fleet.
  • Corrected name error in Mining Drone wing tooltip.
  • Redacted heavy bomber will now correctly use its primary weapon.
  • Reduced volume level for Ion Torpedo, Icer Gun, Iridium Cannon and Micro Repeater by 20-40%, as needed.
  • Corrected tooltip for Concentrated Shields.
  • Weapons now display their required "Flux per Shot/Salvo" information in their description.

** May break saves if near vanilla Redacted in the campaign.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Very nice. I now have respect for exactly how much power those strike weapons take. Its a lot more than I previously assumed (until I did the math manually)

Explains exactly why Hunters cost so much flux, and other stuff.

-----
What are the exact values on fast missile racks?

-----

Just ran some tests with a Dominator. The spread out reapers make it sometimes feasible to box in a frigate and get at least one hit of the 3.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:16:13 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

What are the exact values on fast missile racks?

2 Charges - 10 second cd - 0.01/s charge regen - 10% base flux per use (doesn't include capacitors added or hullmods)

Effect: Completely restores missile ammo in all missile weapons on the ship- allows immediate secondary salvo of all missiles (up to two additional times over standard vessels)

--------

Very nice. I now have respect for exactly how much power those strike weapons take. Its a lot more than I previously assumed (until I did the math manually)

Explains exactly why Hunters cost so much flux, and other stuff.

Great, hopefully outfitting effective strike ships should be much easier now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:18:51 PM by Morrokain »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Yea. Getting an idea of exactly how flux hungry a weapon is in the short term matters a lot.

The flux costs are around 10x or so what i initially thought, honestly.

And just reinforces my initial thought that capacity is similarly, or even more important than dissipation in many cases.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Is it clear that "Flux per Salvo" means all possible ammunition? (not including expanded mags of course)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 125