Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722220 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile

The second is the description for the D-mod Faulty Power Grid reads "flux capacity and flux dissipation rate reduced by ONE THIRD". Does this mean the rank 3 of safety procedures doesn't reduce by 50% the negative effects of that D-mod like the others? (from what i could see on some of my ships, it didn't, but i'd like to know whether it is working as intended or not).

I wanted to give an update on my findings here. For one, the tooltip calculation was actually a bug in the first place. It incorrectly stated it reduced those stats by 1/3, when in reality it is only a 25% reduction. Corrected that tooltip for the next release.

As to Safety Procedures Rank 3, I took a look at the code and it was an older implementation of the Faulty Powergrid D-Mod that was the culprit. Fixed for the next release. The skill should properly reduce it's effects now.

Thanks again for the helpful bug catching and improving the mod!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

New update, mainly a pretty large balance pass and round of bug fixing, but some content worked its way in there too. The goal is to flesh out the doctrinal differences between combat styles of the Sci-Corps and Tri-Tachyon corporation. Enjoy!

Current Patch Changes: Update v1.2.1 2/19/2018

Content Additions
  • 6 New Fighter Wings. (4 gunships, 2 fighters, 1 bomber)
  • 1 New Hi-Tech Dedicated Carrier (Heavy Destroyer).

Balance Changes
  • Buffed Lasher's ability to use strike weapons. Base flux and dissipation increased. Shield efficiency lowered.
  • Buffed Lancer's ability to use it's missiles and ship system. Base flux and dissipation increased. Shield efficiency lowered.
  • All ships now have 10%/15%/20% base soft flux dissipation when shields are raised (up from 0%), depending on if the hull is considered lowtech/midline/hitech.
  • Reduced the benefit of Stabilized Shields hullmod by 15% (Now +35%).
  • Balance pass on fighter rarity.
  • Redistributed fighters among factions and variants. Less overall redundancy. Some better variants.
  • Medusa-class destroyer is now a dedicated drone carrier with two full Terminator Drone wings, to both better match its ship system and avoid the awkwardness of part built-in/part open fighter bays.
  • Medusa is no longer classified as a combat carrier to the AI. Max combat speed now in line with other assault destroyers. Terminator Drone's combat speed substantially increased.
  • Medusa is now unique to the Tri-Tachyon corporation and Adamantine Consortium's fleets. No longer found in Sci-Corp's fleets.
  • Medusa(A) skin now changes the ship system to Fortress Shield.
  • Tempest-class frigate is now also found in the Tri-Tachyon Corporation's fleets and markets. No longer unique to Sci-Corps.
  • Medusa(A) skin now changes the ship system to Fortress Shield.
  • Astral-class Super Carrier no longer has built in Terminator Drones. Its 8 fighter bays are now open, though there is no increase in Ordinance Points. Test indicate the slight nerf has little overall effect on combat performance. If anything, it's better due to more concentrated fighter strikes. Variants adjusted accordingly.
  • Tri-Tachyon Corporation and Sci-Corps now have more distinct combat styles and weapons.
  • Tri-Tachyon focuses on phase ships, heavy beam and missile weaponry, as well as drone attacks using fighter swarm superiority.  
  • Sci-Corps uses tactical assault fighter strikes, ion-based support weapons, and heavy torpedo salvos from dedicated combat vessels.
  • Reduced ammo count of Rapier Srms (Fighter version) by 25%. This is intended to slightly reduce the salvo power of the Thunder Bomber on lightly defended targets. It is also a small nerf to the Xyphos gunship.
  • The Aegis-class cruiser has one of its medium ballistic weapons now converted to a hyrbid slot to further diversify medium energy weapon options. Variants adjusted.
  • Increased beam speed of Graviton Beam and Graviton Lance. Considering its short burst duration, range upgrades made the weapon deal less dps at max range than was ideal.
  • Reduced flux to activate Recall Device ship system to 25%. Now has only 3 charges and regeneration.

Bug Fixes
  • Changed Heavy Mortar description to better describe its intended role.
  • At-A-Glance role description added to the Interdictor Drone and Terminator Drone.
  • Fighter-Class Systems hullmod is now present on all fighter wings.
  • Tooltip for Faulty Power Grid D-Mod corrected to display accurate information.
  • Safety Procedures Rank 3 should now reduce the negative effects of Faulty Power Grid, as intended.
  • Fixed a few variants' default weapon groups.
  • (WIP) Another round of refining/polishing some of the dialogue. Removing awkward language and attemtping to improve the conversation experience.
  • All combat vessels, if not all vessels in general, should now have the Stabilized Drive Conduit hullmod built-in.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:04:21 PM by Morrokain »

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Will this break save files?
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Will this break save files?

I don't believe so. Can't be 100 percent certain, but off the top of my head I don't think I've changed anything that would break them since there aren't any new markets or campaign objects added.

You probably won't see new stuff for an in-game month or two though, since the fleet/economy managers will only replace things with the new stuff once old things disappear.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

The Brawler(T)'s tooltip still states that it has manuvering jets while it was replaced with High Energy focus.

Might be a vanilla issue admittedly.
-----

I've finally got a Cruiser up and running. Given I still am trying to keep a relatively fast fleet, I am using tugs and Augmented Drive fields.
I looted a wrecked Falcon class Cruiser (which still had full engine power) and gave it plenty of anti-shield assault weapons. Tried a few combos before I ended up using a heavy annihilation launcher to deal with armor. Also gave it Injector for speed.
It is quite nasty. Despite having 3 damage mods, Its extremely effective, and can take a decient amount of fire comapared to destroyers. The fighters help too.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:01:52 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The Brawler(T)'s tooltip still states that it has manuvering jets while it was replaced with High Energy focus.

Added a blurb to the hull skin description describing that fact, as well as one to the the Pather version of the hull, which uses an ammofeeder. If I have time, I will do a full check of the skin files for this sort of discrepancy.

I've finally got a Cruiser up and running. Given I still am trying to keep a relatively fast fleet, I am using tugs and Augmented Drive fields.
I looted a wrecked Falcon class Cruiser (which still had full engine power) and gave it plenty of anti-shield assault weapons. Tried a few combos before I ended up using a heavy annihilation launcher to deal with armor. Also gave it Injector for speed.
It is quite nasty. Despite having 3 damage mods, Its extremely effective, and can take a decient amount of fire comapared to destroyers. The fighters help too.

Glad to see someone getting deeper into the campaign  :)
Touching on one of your earlier suggestions:

Why not modify the 14th Battlefleet hullmod to add the core-strain effect? It currently says "No downsides", but you can change that to point out the strain on the core.

I did change the description to reflect that there are downsides for the next small release, but I'm fairly sure combining the hullmods into a single one would break saves for anybody with hegemony ships in their fleet or nearby (so most people, I would assume  :P ). I'm not sure that would be worth it, but maybe for the next major content release- like the tutorial or something that would likely break saves anyway- I may look into it then.
---------------------------

Some inquiries, if anyone feels like giving some targeted feedback:

- So I am hoping the new balance changes and weapons/fighters make the early game more exciting and accessible during frigate combat. I would call my implementation a "light balance" pass though due to time limitations, so let me know if anything seems overly broken. I have a model I follow, so nothing should be too crazy, but things still may need adjustments here and there.

- Also, I haven't really heard anything on this so I assume it hasn't been too much of an issue, but how is supply and fuel management in the mod? Is it more accessible? Less? Are people running out often or constantly oversupplied? I lowered the payout for bounty fleets and increased the payout for general bounties, so attempting to ensure bounty-hunting is still profitable.

- Similarly, do people feel that using the fuel/supply request feature for NPC fleets is mandatory for effective play? Is is too farmable? Are the downsides not potent enough to discourage that, too potent? Etc.

--------
Assuming the combat system is in a pretty decent spot at this point, and most of the pet peeves are eliminated, I am going to start work on the tutorial again, and finally get around to polishing and adding to the Intimidation and Bribery systems since they are far behind the Commodity Request feature in complexity and nuance.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

I did change the description to reflect that there are downsides for the next small release, but I'm fairly sure combining the hullmods into a single one would break saves for anybody with hegemony ships in their fleet or nearby (so most people, I would assume  Tongue ). I'm not sure that would be worth it, but maybe for the next major content release- like the tutorial or something that would likely break saves anyway- I may look into it then.

Really? You added hull mods to existing ships, and they changed. Does it break only when removing them?

And honestly, given the game doesn't care if you change OP costs and it goes over, I don't see how this would happen.

Test it anyhow.

Added a blurb to the hull skin description describing that fact, as well as one to the the Pather version of the hull, which uses an ammofeeder. If I have time, I will do a full check of the skin files for this sort of discrepancy.

I'll Report any other cases I see.

- Also, I haven't really heard anything on this so I assume it hasn't been too much of an issue, but how is supply and fuel management in the mod? Is it more accessible? Less? Are people running out often or constantly oversupplied? I lowered the payout for bounty fleets and increased the payout for general bounties, so attempting to ensure bounty-hunting is still profitable.
I appreciate the general bounty-hunting boost. I haven't had any serious supply issues yet, but my fleet is growing pretty quickly so it might happen soonish.

- Similarly, do people feel that using the fuel/supply request feature for NPC fleets is mandatory for effective play? Is is too farmable? Are the downsides not potent enough to discourage that, too potent? Etc.
I have yet to have to use it. Generally I keep my supplies healthy, and if it gets bad, I drop ships off at Corvus and downsize until I feel I can expand again.
(I probably expand too aggressively, honestly)

Assuming the combat system is in a pretty decent spot at this point, and most of the pet peeves are eliminated, I am going to start work on the tutorial again, and finally get around to polishing and adding to the Intimidation and Bribery systems since they are far behind the Commodity Request feature in complexity and nuance.

Combat seems great currently. Only complaint I have is that I can't install the Automous Ships mod which would help a lot. Not sure exactly why.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Really? You added hull mods to existing ships, and they changed. Does it break only when removing them?

And honestly, given the game doesn't care if you change OP costs and it goes over, I don't see how this would happen.

Test it anyhow.

Yeah good point. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because new ids being read on load would be different from missing ids that were supposed to have been there and are absent (causing save incompatibility), but that is making some assumptions based on older builds of the game that are irrelevant now anyway. I will test and get back to you. I have a save file I can use. :)

I appreciate the general bounty-hunting boost. I haven't had any serious supply issues yet, but my fleet is growing pretty quickly so it might happen soonish.

Good to know it's been smooth so far for you.

I have yet to have to use it. Generally I keep my supplies healthy, and if it gets bad, I drop ships off at Corvus and downsize until I feel I can expand again.
(I probably expand too aggressively, honestly)

This is a good sign, it is not meant to be mandatory, but optional when in an otherwise difficult situation away from markets or low on credits.

A couple things that may or may not prove helpful:

- with high rep, getting help is mostly successful for mainstream factions, so don't be shy if you find yourself low on funds and have some allies nearby. They will remind you if you ask too much.

- it can sometimes be easier to at least attempt the request over a re-load if a bounty goes awry or a distress beacon leads to a pirate ambush and you can't escape with everything. I guess it depends on how often you save.

Combat seems great currently. Only complaint I have is that I can't install the Automous Ships mod which would help a lot. Not sure exactly why.

The mod_info file specifically overrides the hullmods.csv which I assume that mod uses. Not sure if it HAS to, though, if I just did it as a safeguard. I'll test and see. If not, then I don't see why this mod wouldn't work as long as its set as a utility mod.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah good point. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that because new ids being read on load would be different from missing ids that were supposed to have been there and are absent (causing save incompatibility), but that is making some assumptions based on older builds of the game that are irrelevant now anyway. I will test and get back to you. I have a save file I can use. :)

Confirmed it does break saves. Holding off on that change until a major content release.

The mod_info file specifically overrides the hullmods.csv which I assume that mod uses. Not sure if it HAS to, though, if I just did it as a safeguard. I'll test and see. If not, then I don't see why this mod wouldn't work as long as its set as a utility mod.

I have changed the mod_info file to no longer override hullmods.csv and the mod you referenced appears to work fine. You will, however, have to change your own mod_info file to not consider the archean order mod a total conversion in order to run the autonomous ships mod simultaneously.

I'll release an update with the changes in a couple of days if I have time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:44:11 AM by Morrokain »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

I think the cruicible missile destroyer is a bit too powerful.
The whole, 18 reapers in 12 seconds thing. Just a little..... Yea..... Its almost a constant stream of reaper missile, one per second sustained (not sure exactly the cooldown on reloading)

Its kinda fun, but I think that's a few too many reaper missiles from one destroyer.

As in, I fed around 20 of them to an Afflictor Frigate (Phase frigate) and eventually one of them connected. Being able to throw reapers at a Phase frigate until it fails to dodge is a little bit silly.

The only downside is the serious cost in CR, but taking out cruisers with almost trivial ease, well....
--
Oh, wait, I had it on no-repair. There isn't a large CR cost either.

I think you put the wrong name on the ability. The function is the missile autoforge or whatever it was, while the name is the one that resets the cooldown on missiles so you can fire another volly instantly. Admittedly given how the missile mechanics work in this mod they aren't quite as disimilar, but still.
Unlike the mudskipper 2, It doesn't have a downside (fragile, minimal defenses, slow-ish, flux problems) to go with the extreme strike capacity.

If this IS intentionall, I suggest nerfing it, making it so that it gives a +30-60 seconds of full regen, instead of full 100% regen.
------

I just  noticed that many ships don't have a peak performance anymore. Afflictor at least has it still, and I would expect anything else extremely agile. Hyperion perhaps. Any particular reason?

------
Do the Adamantian Consortium not pay out bounties? I am not an enemy of them, but there is no message after killing Pirates there. Are they allied with pirates or something?
--
Huh, apprently they have No relationship with Pirates. There isn't even an entry between the two. Bug maybe?

------
Got myself a proper Sunder. It WAS a wrecked version with ill-advised modifications (meaning it loses one of the three medium weapons as soon as it tries to fire) But I repaired it (kinda pricy).
After that, I fed it 3 Phase beams. deals terrible, terrible damage to whatever it catches up to. Overloads shields without too much trouble, And whatever is left tends to melt as well. Very strike destroyer build.

Shame I haven't found any advanced optic mods yet. Would be awesome (even if it would cost 40% more flux, a sensible tradeoff IMO)
Also shame it's shield is now omni and not exactly large....
After the 3 phase beams it's OP is a bit limited, especially if I want it to hold onto some flux for shielding.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:33:51 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think the cruicible missile destroyer is a bit too powerful.
The whole, 18 reapers in 12 seconds thing. Just a little..... Yea..... Its almost a constant stream of reaper missile, one per second sustained (not sure exactly the cooldown on reloading)

Its kinda fun, but I think that's a few too many reaper missiles from one destroyer.

As in, I fed around 20 of them to an Afflictor Frigate (Phase frigate) and eventually one of them connected. Being able to throw reapers at a Phase frigate until it fails to dodge is a little bit silly.

The only downside is the serious cost in CR, but taking out cruisers with almost trivial ease, well....
--
Oh, wait, I had it on no-repair. There isn't a large CR cost either.

I think you put the wrong name on the ability. The function is the missile autoforge or whatever it was, while the name is the one that resets the cooldown on missiles so you can fire another volly instantly. Admittedly given how the missile mechanics work in this mod they aren't quite as disimilar, but still.
Unlike the mudskipper 2, It doesn't have a downside (fragile, minimal defenses, slow-ish, flux problems) to go with the extreme strike capacity.

If this IS intentionall, I suggest nerfing it, making it so that it gives a +30-60 seconds of full regen, instead of full 100% regen.

Hmm, yeah that was designed when reapers cost flux and were weaker in pd health. Practically infinite is too much DPS. I'll implement a charge based cd, as well, to decrease the amount of times a player can use the system. That shouldn't hurt the use of other missiles, either.

I just  noticed that many ships don't have a peak performance anymore. Afflictor at least has it still, and I would expect anything else extremely agile. Hyperion perhaps. Any particular reason?

I, personally, dislike the peak performance system. It is useful for the ships you mentioned, and I think the Hyperion also has it. I'll double check because it really should. As a whole, I felt that the increased speed and utilization of fighters (especially among all slow capitals) solve most of the "infinite kiting" problems that peak performance was designed to solve. So instead I generally limit that mechanic to phase ships and extremely agile ones. I should probably implement that mechanic to ships who equip Safety Overrides, too, if possible, since that can also stack with Unstable Injector.

Do the Adamantian Consortium not pay out bounties? I am not an enemy of them, but there is no message after killing Pirates there. Are they allied with pirates or something?
--
Huh, apprently they have No relationship with Pirates. There isn't even an entry between the two. Bug maybe?

It isn't explicitly mentioned (except through exploration of the faction's colonies in a way I won't spoil), but, yes the Adamantine Consortium is pretty indifferent to pirates. Bounties are most likely for Sci-Corps patrols- who frequently attack Consortium holds because of the barons' reputation for cruelty. (It should pay out if you attack a Sci-Corps patrol)

Got myself a proper Sunder. It WAS a wrecked version with ill-advised modifications (meaning it loses one of the three medium weapons as soon as it tries to fire) But I repaired it (kinda pricy).
After that, I fed it 3 Phase beams. deals terrible, terrible damage to whatever it catches up to. Overloads shields without too much trouble, And whatever is left tends to melt as well. Very strike destroyer build.

Shame I haven't found any advanced optic mods yet. Would be awesome (even if it would cost 40% more flux, a sensible tradeoff IMO)
Also shame it's shield is now omni and not exactly large....
After the 3 phase beams it's OP is a bit limited, especially if I want it to hold onto some flux for shielding.

Nice, I would check Tri-Tachyon and Sci-Corps markets for that hullmod. Their ships frequently use it, and I've seen it there more often.

Updated notes for the next patch. (Not yet available for download, though)

Next Patch Changes: v1.2.1a

Content Additions
  • New factions now have custom dialogue when you hire their officers.
  • You can now "Rescue" Officers from the Adamantine Consortium if you cannot afford to pay a "hiring" bribe. This will make the barons less than pleased, of course.
  • New variant for the Osprey-class light carrier that features Mining Drones - added to independent and scavenger fleets.

Balance Changes
  • Tempest-class frigate now has a "small" version of the Wasp interceptor wing wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
  • Acolyte-class heavy frigate now has a "small" version of the Spectre interceptor wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
  • Removed built-in Talon wing for the Atlas superfreighter. Now has two open flight decks instead of one, but not enough Ordinance to carry much heavy strike craft. Standard variant adjusted.
  • The Mining Drone wing now has a combat assault range similar to other gunships, and Assault AI. Ordinance cost increased to 2 (from 0).
  • Built-in Mining Drone wing on the Venture-class combat freighter has been modified to retain its short range support role, as intended.
  • Redacted heavy fighter primary weapon replaced with something stronger. Was too weak for its number/OP cost.
  • Redacted interceptor has had its secondary weapon removed. Was too strong for its number/OP cost.

Bug Fixes
  • You can now hire new faction mercenary officers as intended. A bug in Rules.csv prevented the dialogue option to hire them from appearing.
  • Removed override of hullmods.csv file to allow power user opt-in of Autonomous Ships mod. (Must still set totalConversion to "false" in the mod_info.json file)
  • Fighter wings should no longer disappear from inventory after visiting the refit screen if hulls with built-in versions of the same type exist within your fleet.
  • Corrected name error in Mining Drone wing tooltip.
  • Redacted heavy bomber will now correctly use its primary weapon.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Hmm, yeah that was designed when reapers cost flux and were weaker in pd health. Practically infinite is too much DPS. I'll implement a charge based cd, as well, to decrease the amount of times a player can use the system. That shouldn't hurt the use of other missiles, either.

Not infinite, silly, its more like 6k DPS. Not infinite at all, just massive for a destroyer :P

Which system was it based on anyway? missile autoforge or fast racks? I do think they should be merged for this mod tho.
Vanilla had it have 1 charge and that was it I think at one point.

I, personally, dislike the peak performance system. It is useful for the ships you mentioned, and I think the Hyperion also has it. I'll double check because it really should. As a whole, I felt that the increased speed and utilization of fighters (especially among all slow capitals) solve most of the "infinite kiting" problems that peak performance was designed to solve. So instead I generally limit that mechanic to phase ships and extremely agile ones. I should probably implement that mechanic to ships who equip Safety Overrides, too, if possible, since that can also stack with Unstable Injector.
Makes sense. I didn't like it when it was added, but it did help with some serious issues.

Delicate Machinery I think should be the mod that implements it. Implies that both it is harder to maintain, but also that it doesn't last as long during combat as normal ships.

Its critical for phase frigates to have it because they are just never going to die otherwise. 3x faster than other ships and so on.

It isn't explicitly mentioned (except through exploration of the faction's colonies in a way I won't spoil), but, yes the Adamantine Consortium is pretty indifferent to pirates. Bounties are most likely for Sci-Corps patrols- who frequently attack Consortium holds because of the barons' reputation for cruelty. (It should pay out if you attack a Sci-Corps patrol)
I still think they shouldn't have an undefined relationship though. Its entirely missing....

Nice, I would check Tri-Tachyon and Sci-Corps markets for that hullmod. Their ships frequently use it, and I've seen it there more often.

Saw the hullmod in, I think, a Persian League commission shop. But I have been chasing bounties mainly and haven't hit those systems enough yet.
Thanks for advise.

Updated notes for the next patch. (Not yet available for download, though)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Next Patch Changes: v1.2.1a

Content Additions
  • New factions now have custom dialogue when you hire their officers.
  • You can now "Rescue" Officers from the Adamantine Consortium if you cannot afford to pay a "hiring" bribe. This will make the barons less than pleased, of course.
  • New variant for the Osprey-class light carrier that features Mining Drones - added to independent and scavenger fleets.

Balance Changes
  • Tempest-class frigate now has a "small" version of the Wasp interceptor wing wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
  • Acolyte-class heavy frigate now has a "small" version of the Spectre interceptor wing built-in. This wing has 4 max interceptors instead of 6.
Hmm. interesting. Any specific reason for the downgrades?
  • Removed built-in Talon wing for the Atlas superfreighter. Now has two open flight decks instead of one, but not enough Ordinance to carry much heavy strike craft. Standard variant adjusted.
Quite nice. Maybe I will get one eventually. No capitals yet.
  • The Mining Drone wing now has a combat assault range similar to other gunships, and Assault AI. Ordinance cost increased to 2 (from 0).
I find it amusing how this mod took the junk mining weapons and stuff and made them inefficient, but potent weapons.
  • Built-in Mining Drone wing on the Venture-class combat freighter has been modified to retain its short range support role, as intended.
Meaning limited to a smaller radius around the ship, right?
  • Redacted heavy fighter primary weapon replaced with something stronger. Was too weak for its number/OP cost.
  • Redacted interceptor has had its secondary weapon removed. Was too strong for its number/OP cost.
Vanilla Redacted, right? Not one of the two new factions?

Bug Fixes
  • You can now hire new faction mercenary officers as intended. A bug in Rules.csv prevented the dialogue option to hire them from appearing.
  • Removed override of hullmods.csv file to allow power user opt-in of Autonomous Ships mod. (Must still set totalConversion to "false" in the mod_info.json file)
  • Fighter wings should no longer disappear from inventory after visiting the refit screen if hulls with built-in versions of the same type exist within your fleet.
  • Corrected name error in Mining Drone wing tooltip.
  • Redacted heavy bomber will now correctly use its primary weapon.

Apperently splitting a quote across lists break formatting, who knew :P
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:28:05 PM by Ranakastrasz »

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile

The sound effects of the repeater and the iridium cannon are a bit too loud. It makes using them annoying and the fighters armed with them are deafening.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not infinite, silly, its more like 6k DPS. Not infinite at all, just massive for a destroyer :P

Which system was it based on anyway? missile autoforge or fast racks? I do think they should be merged for this mod tho.
Vanilla had it have 1 charge and that was it I think at one point.

It's the code of autoforge (mostly, had to change AI), but called fast missile racks because that is the function it plays with new missiles.

Right now, I'm thinking two charges, relatively fast basic cd but very long recharge per charge.

I still think they shouldn't have an undefined relationship though. Its entirely missing....

It's actually set to favorable for Consortium->Pirates, but Suspicious Pirates->Consortium, so that's why it doesn't show up under "ally" or "enemy", since they are technically neither. But its's not undefined. Do you mean you want it to show up?

Saw the hullmod in, I think, a Persian League commission shop. But I have been chasing bounties mainly and haven't hit those systems enough yet.
Thanks for advise.

No problem!  :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haha, soon, soon!

Hmm. interesting. Any specific reason for the downgrades?

Those frigates were slightly too powerful compared to similar ones due to having full wings of advanced interceptors. Also, I needed to change the ids anyway due to a bug that removes any wings of built in fighters present in the player's inventory when visiting the refit screen if they share an id.

Meaning limited to a smaller radius around the ship, right?

Vanilla Redacted, right? Not one of the two new factions?

Yes, and yes.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The sound effects of the repeater and the iridium cannon are a bit too loud. It makes using them annoying and the fighters armed with them are deafening.

Thanks, made a note! Sorry about that!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 125