Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 722749 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/13
« Reply #480 on: November 16, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »

TC flag meaning totalConversion line?

Yes the totalConversion line. I checked it out myself and it will run alongside Archean Order with the appropriate library mods. 2 things:

1) The library mods tank CPU performance (at least for me) so be aware of that going in.

2) The FDS mod works fine but variants will seem underpowered because they use vanilla balanced weapons. I'll send the mod author a message about letting me rebalance them for the Archean Order mod since the themes match well, but for performance reasons I will have to separate out the library mods so that could cause complications.

And I've played it by itself when I first acquired the game, but haven't sense. Been this mod only because well, Its a big blast.

Ah, And I hit a Null Error when picking out starting stuff. Ya can't swap the picture or it crashes the game. I'm using the Ao mod and the Nexeraline as well if that helps pinpoint it.

Thank you I'm very happy you think so!  :)

Hmm, let me take a look at that crash.

*Edit*

Not seeing a crash on my end when selecting a new portrait (new game using the latest Nex and AO release)

It does pause a tiny bit though, which indicates it is a little system intensive to load all the portraits. Was the crash a null pointer or just a generic "null" and can you select random portrait without it crashing?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:24:41 PM by Morrokain »

Eliteempire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex Update! 11/13
« Reply #481 on: November 16, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »

I have zero idea what ya mean at all by the library mods tank stuff, or that stuff.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 16, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »

I have zero idea what ya mean at all by the library mods tank stuff, or that stuff.

Sorry I meant they decrease your systems performance and will cause a lot of slow down while in battles (most likely).

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex - Fixes 11/18
« Reply #483 on: November 18, 2019, 01:25:48 AM »

Some bug fixes and improvements with Nex config. Simply redownload to update but will likely require new starts for all of the changes to take effect.

Download
Main Mod Directory

Notes:
Spoiler
Bug Fixes
-------------
 - Fixed issues with Eldrus still not being effectively plugged into the sector economy. (Including Nex starts with Core Worlds enabled)
 - Added High Command to the new factions' capitals replacing Military Bases.
 - Fixed potential crash on new game start relating to a possible nullpointer in the start-up scripts.
 - Corrected Wolf variants for the Eldrus Guard script to use Archean Order variants.
 - Added Nex config for new factions' spawn points and capitals.
 - Corrected faction markets to not use duplicate industries (as in an upgrade and a downgrade of the same industry) to prevent possible future conflicts.
 - Fixed minor typo with Trader Guilds' stations on the industry panel.
-----
[close]

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] TC: Archean Order: Star-Wars-Inspired Combat/RPG - Nex - Fixes 11/18
« Reply #484 on: November 19, 2019, 07:43:59 PM »

If you are having issues with some markets seeming unattached to the sector economy, having blank comm lists without any npcs, or having a ton of shortages and not selling commodities, please see this thread for the solution. Also, please get back to me with the information requested in the thread regarding operating system and the solution that works for you so that I can help remove this error from being a problem in the future. Thanks!  :)

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17278.0

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 21, 2019, 11:29:06 PM »

Sorry I can't get this mod to work. I tried changing the line to false, and it still crashes and gives a null error.

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 22, 2019, 12:37:46 AM »

Sorry I can't get this mod to work. I tried changing the line to false, and it still crashes and gives a null error.
What does your starsector.log say?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 22, 2019, 10:10:20 AM »

@morriganj Sorry you are having trouble. :( I'll try to help but I'd need some more information.

What mods are you attempting to use alongside and what is your operating system? As Alfa Cor already mentioned the log of the error would help as well.

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 23, 2019, 03:31:36 AM »

Here are the mods currently enabled...

Trailer moments
Another portrait pack
Appro Light
Arsenal Expansion
Cari's UI
Celestial Mount Circle
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Console commands
Diable Avionics
Disassemble Reassemble
ED Shipyard
Galatia Complete (Music replacer)
Grand sector
Hazard Mining
High Tech Armada
Hiigaran Descendants
Interstellar Imperium
Kiith Nabaal Shipyard
Kipling Radiative
LazyLib
Luddic Enhancement
MagicLib
Mayasauran Navy
Missing Ships
New Galactic Order (From nexus mods site)
Nexerelin
ORA
Portrait pack
Practice Targets
Second Wave Options
Sevrets of the frontier
Ship Weapon Pack
Station Construction
Tahlon Shipworks
Tiadong Heavy Industries
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
Unkown Skies
Upgraded Rotary Weapons
Version Checker
ZZ Audio
ZZ GraphicsLib
Prv Starworks

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 23, 2019, 03:34:15 AM »

I try the log too, I am just not sure what I am looking for.

When the game crashes with Archeon and line = false, It gives me a null error.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 23, 2019, 10:59:35 AM »

Ah ok that makes sense then. Even though many mods work with this one, its still a Total Conversion. So it is not universally compatible.

Some of those faction mods are incompatible with Archean Order because they both modify core ship and variant files. I know Ship and Weapon Pack for sure will cause this issue, for instance. Faction mods that add unique ships and weapons should work fine, but ones that change or add new variants for Vanilla ships won't work.

My advice:

Disable all faction mods and keep all the feature mods. Run the game in dev mod (let me know if you need directions on how to do that) and that will enable the "Edit Variants" button at the bottom of the main menu. Select that and scroll all the way down. If that doesn't cause a crash you are probably safe.

Next, enable one faction mod at a time, and each time check the variants and make sure there aren't any random null crashes.

*Edit*

Updated the main post to include info about the mod being a total conversion within the directions to enable Nex. It was already included in the install instructions further down the page, but if players didn't happen to read that they may not have realized.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 11:24:30 AM by Morrokain »

Trensicourt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 23, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »

I don't know why this is happening but when I select a mod, sometimes Archean Order turns itself off. Why does it do this?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 23, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »

@Trensicourt

You have to disable the TC flag because Archean Order is a total conversion and this keeps additional mods as turned off by default since some faction mods that edit core files cause issues with this mod.

You can get directions to disable this behavior through the "How to enable Nexerelin and other non-utility mods" portion of the main page.

A couple players have also posted a few mod lists that work for them to help avoid errors, and the method provided above in the last couple posts can further help to narrow down which faction mods are compatible.

Eventually I'll get a list going of verified mods but its a little low priority at the moment compared to RL things.

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 23, 2019, 09:24:37 PM »

I'll finish my current playthrough and then revisit your mod later :) I really wanna try it

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 24, 2019, 06:43:22 PM »

When I first realized you'd swapped out the Tyrant's temporal shell for a phase jumper I was upset.

Then I figured out how it actually works.

Holy crap.  Ludd himself soils his pants when I fly this ship.  Cloak right up to the enemy, decloak, jump behind them and open up on those engines.  Boom.  Capital ship dead or out of the fight.  It's like fighting the...brilliant?  Radiant class?  The remnant capital ship that jumps.  It's like that but playable.  I honestly scare myself with this thing.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 125