Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 724760 times)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1635 on: December 18, 2021, 03:58:42 PM »

Could you just release an update that fixes the skills visual bug first?

Hmm, well I haven't completed that yet but I guess I can release a skill and ship fix before working on the other stuff. I want to get away from micro-updates in general but I'll prioritize this a bit. I'll see what I can do tonight but I can't stay up late and there is a bit of work to do yet.

I may see about simply fixing the skills and getting the barebones updates to the ships and then expand on that in another micro update. Like I said though, I don't want to do this too often.

Athos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - New REDACTED 8/13/21
« Reply #1636 on: December 18, 2021, 04:11:26 PM »

Thanks!

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 18, 2021, 07:28:25 PM »

Thanks!

Sorry to disappoint but it won't be tonight. I haven't gotten through enough of the necessary edits and changes to be able release an update yet and I can't stay up any further with work tomorrow. I'll spend some extra time on this after work and see if I can get an update ready by tomorrow night. No promises, though. I am estimating some of this effort and it could prove to be more time consuming than I thought just to get things incorporated into the most recent update.

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 18, 2021, 11:20:25 PM »

Comments on new skills in .1a
- The skill gate system I always talk about, better diversifying. So the last two perks require 4 and 6 lower skill's skill points respectively.
- Damage Control: big hit Damage reduction once every 2 sec is kind of interesting but I'm certain it's not enough to do anything in my kind of large combat.
- Best of the Best: 10% DP bonus in outnumber fight is also a good addition.
- Support Doctrine: It's borderline OP
- Neural Link: Honestly the most interesting of all, I want that in your mod.
- Ordinance Expertise: Should be hard to balance. Just ditch it.
- Polarized Armor: At the moment, I think there should be a new hull mod or for this skill to provide 100% EMP immunity when hitting just armor. If the armor has a hole in it then it's another story.
- Hull Restoration: OP. I also want this kind of perk for Frigates only. So players won't be afraid to use smaller ships. Actually, the frigate perk should be built-in.

What to implement? I think you should keep your skill tree. I like that one more, we have more interesting stuff like missile mod. Just port that into this new layout. Add some interesting things to it such as Neural Link. The new system doesn't have any implication in adding more lower-tier skills. The permanent skills seem to be no more, I'm not sure what Alex did to solve all that mess behind the scene when reassign.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 11:29:41 PM by Albreo »

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 19, 2021, 04:20:55 PM »

Comments on new skills in .1a
Thanks I'm finishing up the first pass now for the release.

- The skill gate system I always talk about, better diversifying. So the last two perks require 4 and 6 lower skill's skill points respectively.
Yeah that's how it works now. I think it works very well at a first assessment. My only concern is that there really isn't a reason not to spend 6 points considering the power of the highest tier skills.

- Damage Control: big hit Damage reduction once every 2 sec is kind of interesting but I'm certain it's not enough to do anything in my kind of large combat.
It's the current mod version for now and set as a tier 2 skill choice.

- Best of the Best: 10% DP bonus in outnumber fight is also a good addition.
It's in there, but I have plans to also combine part of the bonus of Support Doctrine - which is currently not a choice.

- Support Doctrine: It's borderline OP
Not all of this one will make the cut. Especially the built in hullmods to non-officered ships. Some of it will get combined with Best of the Best.

- Neural Link: Honestly the most interesting of all, I want that in your mod.
It's the tier 4 choice alongside Automated Ships atm.   ;)

- Ordinance Expertise: Should be hard to balance. Just ditch it.
My thoughts exactly.

- Polarized Armor: At the moment, I think there should be a new hull mod or for this skill to provide 100% EMP immunity when hitting just armor. If the armor has a hole in it then it's another story.
I'm not sure that this is possible but with some fancy scripting it might be. I'll keep this in mind but its too much of an effort for the next release at least.

- Hull Restoration: OP. I also want this kind of perk for Frigates only. So players won't be afraid to use smaller ships. Actually, the frigate perk should be built-in.
You mean as in part of the hullsize itself? That skill currently isn't available as I think my Industry tree was already pretty good, but I'm not 100% decided yet. Some changes may come in the second micro-update.

What to implement? I think you should keep your skill tree. I like that one more, we have more interesting stuff like missile mod. Just port that into this new layout. Add some interesting things to it such as Neural Link. The new system doesn't have any implication in adding more lower-tier skills. The permanent skills seem to be no more, I'm not sure what Alex did to solve all that mess behind the scene when reassign.
I'm removing the permanent tags and formatting the skills to the new system - which I like a lot more atm.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 19, 2021, 08:01:05 PM »

The 1.95.1a update has been uploaded. This version merges some new skill additions from the new Starsector update and fixes the skills issue from using the previous version with the new update, and it will hopefully fix the crash with the Guardian encounter for non-windows users, as well as also including the new ships from the recent Starsector update. This is a pretty bare bones patch that I will expand upon in another micro update in the near future.

Please report any bugs on this thread in case I missed anything.

*EDIT*

*Hotfix* Redownload if you encounter the missing vanguard id error. It was an oversight from a name/id change that I have hopefully now corrected in the primary download.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 08:36:52 PM by Morrokain »

Capt. Butters

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 19, 2021, 11:58:52 PM »

Is the new update save-game compatible? I would assume not, as it's not letting me load a save.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 20, 2021, 10:27:45 AM »

Is the new update save-game compatible? I would assume not, as it's not letting me load a save.

Unfortunately, no. Since the new Vanguard frigate shared a name with the heavy fighter wing, I had to change both the name and ids and that will break any earlier saves. Its possible that you could open the save file and search for any references to "vanguard" in the data and change it to "stalwart" and that might make it possible to load but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Igor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 20, 2021, 11:08:56 AM »

thanks for the hard work. a question, where can I report any bugs or errors in the mod?

Athos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 20, 2021, 11:10:02 AM »

Thanks for the speedy update. I hope my post didn't seem too demanding. I know it's pretty involved. I'll make sure to post about my experience once I have a decent play through done or if I run into anything.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 20, 2021, 04:06:15 PM »

thanks for the hard work. a question, where can I report any bugs or errors in the mod?
Thanks and here will get it to my attention the fastest since I check the forums regularly. Discord, NexusMods, etc are hit and miss and I check them infrequently at best.

Thanks for the speedy update. I hope my post didn't seem too demanding. I know it's pretty involved. I'll make sure to post about my experience once I have a decent play through done or if I run into anything.
You're welcome and I didn't take it as demanding so no worries there. Its involved, yes, but I get that sometimes its better to simply update the mod rather than work on additional stuff and then balance and add later. This update should at least serve as a baseline.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Update 12/19/21
« Reply #1646 on: December 21, 2021, 02:50:51 PM »

Howdy! I thought this was a nex bug so I reported it to Histidine first, but I was told to send it your way since it looked like another error that also used AO+Vayra's ship pack [the latter of which I don't use.] If you could take a look at it, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

link to thread: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.4290
pastebin: https://pastebin.com/wCbk6run

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 21, 2021, 04:13:31 PM »

Howdy! I thought this was a nex bug so I reported it to Histidine first, but I was told to send it your way since it looked like another error that also used AO+Vayra's ship pack [the latter of which I don't use.] If you could take a look at it, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

I will and thanks for reporting it. Sorry I missed the other thread. I don't know how I've improperly defined moduled ships off the top of my head, but I'll cross reference vanilla and see if any changes have been made.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 21, 2021, 08:28:53 PM »

Thanks, man. it could be a vanilla bug too. I saw a guy doing a lets play saying some fleet spawning crashed him, and he didn't say he was using your mod. weird

ratpizza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 22, 2021, 01:31:13 AM »

@morrokain A small question. Does the hull-restoration component which was moved to the repair-skill use the same dice-roll as in vanilla, i.e 90% chance every second month to remove a dmod-from a frigate and 75% for capitals/cruisers?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 125