Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 125

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - *hotfix* 4/14/22  (Read 720658 times)

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] TC: Archean Order: Rebalanced Combat/Lore RPG - Beta 6/26/21
« Reply #1275 on: June 27, 2021, 01:07:49 PM »

No random sector, I played alot with Random Sector, but not this time, never encountered this bug.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 27, 2021, 03:25:17 PM »

Thanks for the error that helps. I'm working on the crash now I think I know what causes it. The fix should be save compatible as well and I'll go ahead and release the balance changes I've been working on and a new large ballistic weapon. (Probably obvious what it will be XP.)

I buffed the Conquest and Executor very slightly. A little better shield efficiency and flux dissipation.

I also heavily buffed the Trapdoor Mine launcher. It should actually do its job now.

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 27, 2021, 04:28:07 PM »

The fix is up. Should be save compatible.

@BreenBB
If you don't mind, assuming the fix works, can you send me your log file after the save loads?

It was trying to actively remove vanilla ships from a market/markets and assuming you didn't mess with settings earlier they shouldn't have been there to begin with. I just want to take a look and see which ships were removed and from where.

Thanks!

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 27, 2021, 11:32:07 PM »

really stoked and excited for archean order's update to 0.95 now
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 28, 2021, 01:08:16 AM »

Fix works, here log file: https://easyupload.io/gdk7q4

wasara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 28, 2021, 12:56:09 PM »

Heads up, including militarized subsystems to the atlas MKII and the colossus MK III hull makes it so that the crew required to run the ship is more than the maximum amount of crew the ship can hold. (before D mods!)

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 28, 2021, 02:58:57 PM »

Fix works, here log file: https://easyupload.io/gdk7q4

Thank you I'll take a look at the file! Glad the fix worked!  :)

*EDIT*
Found it:
45774 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.overrides.markets.AOSystemMarketManager  - Checking: ena - for any overridden ships.
45774 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.overrides.markets.AOSystemMarketManager  - Removing: ena --- open_market --- overridden ships...
45775 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.overrides.markets.AOSystemMarketManager  - Removed -- buffalo -- from ena

- Looks like a pesky vanilla buffalo got into Ena's market somehow! I checked the logs and the Sci-Corps don't know the hull and it should have the no_drop,no_sell,no_drop_salvage tags regardless... that's incredibly strange! Maybe it was added through a hardcoded id by something?? Oh well its gone now at least.

Known ships log:
45759 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.overrides.AOVanillaOverridesManager  - Current known ships for: scicorps - [archean_shrike, archean_odyssey, archean_wolf, archean_omen, archean_fury, archean_epiphany, archean_templar, archean_apogee, archean_mercury, archean_buffalo_scicorps, archean_astral]

Heads up, including militarized subsystems to the atlas MKII and the colossus MK III hull makes it so that the crew required to run the ship is more than the maximum amount of crew the ship can hold. (before D mods!)

Ah thanks I removed the additional crew requirement for the next update. It effected a lot of ships that now have that hullmod built-in.

really stoked and excited for archean order's update to 0.95 now

Have fun and please report any issues you may find!  :)

Regarding some earlier questions/suggestions:

TG and Sci-Corps:

Yes I definitely plan to give them some more unique stuff. For TG, it will be combat freighters and a lot of their admirals will have Command Experience as one of their skills. Its both thematic and makes them fairly unique to play or fight against.

Sci-Corps will get some unique smaller ships and they exclusively have access to the Odyssey and Apogee. They already have a few unique weapons based around ion tech and several unique wings including a legendary wing. I also plan to give them exclusive access to the Clouburst legendary missile system - so I'd expect a missile cruiser or maybe light missile battlecruiser to support that. I'd expect that ship to also have built-in Ionized Warheads.  ;)

Unique Bounties:

This is something I have been wanting to do, I just haven't gotten around to it. I honestly want to add some boss encounters as well, but those will probably be time consuming to implement. As far as Vayra's Sector goes, it depends upon what the mod does as a whole and whether or not that will hurt the overall TC experience. I've heard of people running that mod alongside this one in the past, however, but my knowledge of its features is lacking.

Nex Mercenaries:

I'll take a look and see about config options for this. Its been a while since I checked them out.

Story/Quests

Apologies, but I'd expect a lot of quests to be narrative-driven and have a lot of text. I happen to enjoy story telling, sorry! I'm sure some won't necessarily be long though. A lot also depends upon the implementation methods - which I haven't had a chance to look at yet. I also need to fully complete the vanilla story line in order to get ideas of how to integrate any story I write into that narrative. I don't want to do things that will interfere with or break the immersion of the established lore. Its meant to supplement it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 03:28:22 PM by Morrokain »

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 28, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

excited about the coming updates!

a personal wishlist for me: really just one thing; frigates/corvettes that can dock at (perhaps only dedicated) carriers!  ones that could flank and pose a serious threat to even the most impressive capitals

a low tech made to flank and hit ships where the shields arent

a midline that can burst around quickly with one big gun

a high tech that can do some kind of crazy something

et cetera

ANYWAY im more than happy with it the way it is and even if you dont get around to playing with the "pilotable fighters" idea i love your creation
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Darrow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 28, 2021, 05:08:00 PM »

Story/Quests

Apologies, but I'd expect a lot of quests to be narrative-driven and have a lot of text. I happen to enjoy story telling, sorry! I'm sure some won't necessarily be long though. A lot also depends upon the implementation methods - which I haven't had a chance to look at yet. I also need to fully complete the vanilla story line in order to get ideas of how to integrate any story I write into that narrative. I don't want to do things that will interfere with or break the immersion of the established lore. Its meant to supplement it.

I was under the impression the vanilla storyline/quests were already in Archean and there were additional ones added as well?
Has the new story content/quest content been completely removed in the mod?

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 28, 2021, 05:40:24 PM »

I was under the impression the vanilla storyline/quests were already in Archean and there were additional ones added as well?
Has the new story content/quest content been completely removed in the mod?

Sorry by "complete" I meant play but yeah that was kind of unclear. I started it during a vanilla run but I haven't finished it. But the story should be in the mod yes, I just haven't tested it yet. There aren't any additional ones added though. Just fleet dialogue interactions and market interactions/descriptions.

(Though I just realized I don't think I addressed the story ship for the mod balance and it probably has vanilla weapons/stats. Darn it! I'll look into that next. ::) The endgame content has been addressed though and should be very difficult I'd imagine.)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 28, 2021, 05:55:07 PM »

My Apogee class cruiser was able to equip "ITU" system despite having a built in "Advanced Targeting Core", which claims to proclude it.
There are a lot of tooltip errors, and I am unsure if you want me to report them, but that one looks like an actual bug, because I thought that was vanilla.

What do Warship bays do exactly? It gives no numbers, and I have to guess that, given tech level indicator, it specifically cuts the OP cost of that tech level of fighter, as a themed limiter thing. But that is a guess.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Morrokain

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 28, 2021, 09:39:57 PM »

My Apogee class cruiser was able to equip "ITU" system despite having a built in "Advanced Targeting Core", which claims to proclude it.
There are a lot of tooltip errors, and I am unsure if you want me to report them, but that one looks like an actual bug, because I thought that was vanilla.

What do Warship bays do exactly? It gives no numbers, and I have to guess that, given tech level indicator, it specifically cuts the OP cost of that tech level of fighter, as a themed limiter thing. But that is a guess.

It's not a bug the tooltip is just wrong. As far as corrections go, if you feel like reporting them I appreciate it, but it would be more effective to create a list as you go and post it here when its sizeable. Alternatively, I can create a separate thread for it.

Warship bays reduce all fighter and interceptor costs by an amount that scales by tech level. Generally it means any tech below the current tech level is either cheap or free for interceptors and fighters. It also reduces the rate at which any equipped wing replaces new craft, and reduces the rate at which the replacement rate increases. A hullmod exclusive to warships, Expanded Deck Crew, mostly negates the replacement rate malus at the cost of OP.

Similarly, there is a mod on carriers called Carrier Bays that doubles wings' effective range and carriers also have OP discounts to weapons based on tech level. They replace craft at the standard rate.

Those are there to make warships with bays and carriers feel more like separate ship classes while retaining the thematic features of the mod. Large numbers of interceptors and anti-strike-craft fighters that the player gets from warships is also often necessary to prevent coordinated missle/bomber/gunship waves from overwhelming and oversaturating PD.

I am going to make all specialization hullmods hidden evetually, and put all the specialization bonuses into one visible hullmod that will represent that ships role/designation. That's part of the cleanup process when moving from the beta to the actual polished release - which the target is version 1.4.1.0 depending upon how many releases are necessary to squash bugs, etc.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 29, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »

i apologize if youve done this and i just havent noticed, but it would be cool for some of the bounties to be "rebel fleet" with high end specific-to-the-faction gear
defector fleets

there was a mod that did this in the past, and it dynamically did this for the modded factions too (made it so bounty fleets could have any fleet composition or something to that effect) and yea had the defector fleets
i think it was vayra
anyway seems like a really cool way to keep the bounties interesting without having to do too much (maybe make a code that points to already made faction fleets; afaik thats how everything works anyway, right?  sorry i just play for now.  in the future i would like to get into coding[if i ever have time])

whenever you get around to making the boss bounties, maybe look into this and kill two birds with one code?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 29, 2021, 08:40:26 PM »

The Rapier Sabot missiles have a too large fragmentation animation when they explode normally, as opposed to being shot down. Sabot missiles in vanilla, while still having fragments, have a highly visible, bright blue projectile, making it obvious if it was intercepted or not. Here, I have trouble telling.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 30, 2021, 12:22:47 AM »

there was a mod that did this in the past, and it dynamically did this for the modded factions too (made it so bounty fleets could have any fleet composition or something to that effect) and yea had the defector fleets
i think it was vayra

About Vayra bounties, I liked not only unique bounties, (I prefer actually HWBs from Ship and Weapon pack, since number of active unique Vayra bounties is fixed, and you can't skip it if you don't want attack allied bounty fleet, you need to pick these from bar, but idea is very similar, its bounty with unique ships as reward), I liked what bounty fleets can belong to all factions, not only pirates, so you can play as pirate, and still complete bounties against their enemies.

Also in Vayra factions can put bounty on player head, Nexerelin have Vengence fleets, but they seems pretty weak, player bounties from Vayra was much more dangerous.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 12:25:15 AM by BreenBB »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 125