Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: is there a solution to this "Invalid enum(1280)" error?  (Read 1542 times)

treos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
is there a solution to this "Invalid enum(1280)" error?
« on: November 24, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »

i was planning on trying out some mods for starsector last night and no matter what i tried it kept coming up with this error message.

seems the log file is too big for my free pastebin account so here it is on my MEGA account instead. you know, in case something in that file might help in finding a solution.

https://mega.nz/#!n1FUQQib!__EKUTf5-XE23xcRs0pamzXadnBu4Wsdq1z-1jMZ5kA

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: is there a solution to this "Invalid enum(1280)" error?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 10:33:41 AM »

Hi there! Two quick options:
1) Updating your graphics drivers, or
2) Disabling GraphicsLib through its settings file (not in the launcher, since other mods need it to be enabled)

treos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:53:50 PM »

well, i'm on a laptop so i can't really do much about the driver thing (one of the big limitations of a laptop).

and...it looks like disabling GraphicsLib worked though that seems strange to me. i guess mods just need those files and not the graphicslib itself active.

yep, just tested again with GraphicsLib, LazyLib, Omnifactory, arsenal Expansion, and Ship/Weapons Pack all on and it started up with no errors or anything so i guess that fixed it. ty for the assistance, however little wound up being needed. :)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »

i was planning on trying out some mods for starsector last night and no matter what i tried it kept coming up with this error message.

seems the log file is too big for my free pastebin account so here it is on my MEGA account instead. you know, in case something in that file might help in finding a solution.

https://mega.nz/#!n1FUQQib!__EKUTf5-XE23xcRs0pamzXadnBu4Wsdq1z-1jMZ5kA
One tip for shrinking the log file is to delete (or move it) then redo the crash if it is easily repeatable. This will give you a log that ONLY has that session in it (logs contain multiple sessions)
Also, the last hundred lines or so are usually all that is needed to find a bug, so remember that
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too