Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8  (Read 72796 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2022, 03:28:09 PM »

Just posting a quick bug report in case you're unaware:

When you pick the Alpha Subcore upgrade without having an Alpha core in your inventory it gives you a Null error, but it doesn't freeze the game or CTD. You can click back and return to the list, or try to install the core that you do not actually have and it works regardless giving your ship the upgrade. It's probably not supposed to do that.

Now for a bit of personal opinion... an Alpha Core seems a bit much for just giving a small OP discount. Might want to try switching it to a Beta Core (those need more things to do) or you could make it possible to upgrade with any type of Core (Alpha/Beta/Gamma) and it has a different effect depending on which you use. Two possibilities that come to mind are the simple one of each greater grade of Core gives you a bigger OP discount, or all Cores give the same OP discount but the higher grade Cores (Alpha/Beta) also give ship bonuses as well (extra range/tracking/damage/etc).

Just my two cents.   :)

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2022, 06:29:45 PM »

When you pick the Alpha Subcore upgrade without having an Alpha core in your inventory it gives you a Null error, but it doesn't freeze the game or CTD. You can click back and return to the list, or try to install the core that you do not actually have and it works regardless giving your ship the upgrade. It's probably not supposed to do that.

Now for a bit of personal opinion... an Alpha Core seems a bit much for just giving a small OP discount. Might want to try switching it to a Beta Core (those need more things to do) or you could make it possible to upgrade with any type of Core (Alpha/Beta/Gamma) and it has a different effect depending on which you use. Two possibilities that come to mind are the simple one of each greater grade of Core gives you a bigger OP discount, or all Cores give the same OP discount but the higher grade Cores (Alpha/Beta) also give ship bonuses as well (extra range/tracking/damage/etc).

Seconding this too yeah, might as well make use of those 200 Gamma & Beta Cores I have lying around  :D

Edit: forgot to mention confirmed the Null Error on Alpha Subcore but no CTD on my end too

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2022, 07:53:28 AM »

will fix this for next patch (soon)

Yendorc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2022, 03:16:36 PM »

The Relic-upgrade-method if used in conjunction with IndEvo is slightly bugged.

It will state that it needs 1 or 2 relics to upgrade, but use up like 20 or so.

Omnicast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2022, 01:12:46 PM »

If you increase the amount of upgrades you can buy then upgrade Logistics this can really screw with the amount of crew required.

My ship is now at -260/-260 crew. My fleet is at 3381/-334 max crew. Four of my ships are "under crewed" on the fleet menu. If you mouse over those ships they are at -x/xx crew.

The quick fix in game is to just move a larger ship that requires more crew to balance it out.

My suggestion to fix and prevent this bug is to just slap a hard limit onto how much the crew reduction can reduce. So say the ship will always have a 10% skeleton crew. Max crew is 500 so the crew reduction upgrade can only reduce it to 50 and no more.

I would like to request the "Hangers" upgrade to add additional hanger bays every 10/20/X levels and an "Ordnance Point" upgrade for those that really want to make their ships op.

Edit: +1 to Alpha Core Augment causing problems. Installed the AC without the AC in inventory. Removing it seems wonky too.

Also thanks for the mod it's great fun.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 10:01:23 PM by Omnicast »

Algoul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2022, 11:04:43 AM »

Mod in some conflict with newest Infernal Legion AI addition Tahlan mod. If add some improvements to Hel AI ship - they show all sights of low CR without signaling about. Perhaps some conflict with build-in hullmod.

Contrast

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2022, 12:59:22 PM »

Hi! Wasn't entirely sure where to report this, but it seems that upgrading Systems doesn't correctly update the Extra System Upgrades hullmod for system cooldown speed. Changing the config inside upgrade.json doesn't help either, it just remains at a 0% buff visually, but mechanically it works fine with or without config changes. Not at all a fix that needs priority, but it is a bit confusing for the end user.

TescoBag

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2022, 07:47:58 AM »

How do we change if the AI uses upgrades? Can't find it in the settings anywhere.

AsheMox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2023, 04:23:11 PM »

Hello! Very dumb question but what exactly does upgrading quality do? If I take a ship to Domain quality it doesn't seem to have any effect. I looked over the description but just cant seem to understand.

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2023, 06:58:30 AM »

It should improve a fair amount of upgrade multipliers. Some multipliers aren't affected by quality, though

TechSupportScammer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2023, 09:40:57 PM »

is it possible that compatibility with exotica technologies will be made a reality in the (near) future ?
cos i tried and it just crashes on startup loading...
the discord troubleshooters also said it's incompatible after showing them my log file.

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2023, 12:06:55 AM »

I installed Exotica Technologies and never really used it cause it causes negative stats as side grades. Extra System is better for me since it potentially give my starting ship staying power by straight upgrading it. Highly recommended this mod cause it is simple and straightforward.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2023, 06:07:57 AM »

I installed Exotica Technologies and never really used it cause it causes negative stats as side grades. Extra System is better for me since it potentially give my starting ship staying power by straight upgrading it. Highly recommended this mod cause it is simple and straightforward.

I can relate so much to this, so true ;D

Too bad this mod is now defunct, hope it'll still work on the next update  :'(

SoulEater

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2023, 01:28:35 PM »

0.96a update when?

G4R5vb3H

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2023, 04:59:41 AM »

0.96a update when?

As of right now, by all indications it functions properly by simply changing the version file for 0.96.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11