Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8  (Read 72111 times)

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.7.3
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2021, 02:26:44 AM »

I player with this mod and Archean Order, and got some random crashes, not sure if it just bug or incompatibility between these two mods, but here two crashlogs which I got, they appear randomly during campaign, and both AO and ESR was older versions (because they both isn't save compatible with never versions), AO 1.4.0.2 and ESR 0.7.1.

Spoiler
5226396 [Thread-3]
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.applyDamage(Misc.java:5028)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidImpact.<init>(AsteroidImpact.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.applyEffec t(AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.java:185)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.BaseTerrain.advance(BaseTerrain.java:85)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.advance(AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.java:100)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin.advance(AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin.java:110)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignTerrain.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And older one:

2156034 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus$ShipStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMemberStatus.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.applyStormSt rikes(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:1256)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.applyEffect(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:1162)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.BaseTerrain.advance(BaseTerrain.java:85)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.BaseTiledTerrain.advance(BaseTiledTerrain.java:454)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.advance(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:582)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

Also about mod ideas, there already musch more room to customisation, but how about to move from code into settings.json scalars and multipliers too?

Also I think another good idea is Augment only upgrade, and give some unique augments for this mode which have same bonuses from non-augment upgrades, like Logistic, Durability and such.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.7.3
« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2021, 07:11:21 AM »

I player with this mod and Archean Order, and got some random crashes, not sure if it just bug or incompatibility between these two mods, but here two crashlogs which I got, they appear randomly during campaign, and both AO and ESR was older versions (because they both isn't save compatible with never versions), AO 1.4.0.2 and ESR 0.7.1.

Spoiler
5226396 [Thread-3]
ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.applyDamage(Misc.java:5028)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidImpact.<init>(AsteroidImpact.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.applyEffec t(AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.java:185)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.advance(AsteroidBeltTerrainPlugin.java:100)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin.advance(AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin.java:110)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)

And older one:

2156034 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 4
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.applyStormSt rikes(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:1256)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.applyEffect(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:1162)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.BaseTiledTerrain.advance(BaseTiledTerrain.java:454)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.advance(HyperspaceTerrainPlugin.java:582)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

Also about mod ideas, there already musch more room to customisation, but how about to move from code into settings.json scalars and multipliers too?

Also I think another good idea is Augment only upgrade, and give some unique augments for this mode which have same bonuses from non-augment upgrades, like Logistic, Durability and such.

fairly certain this one is actually a vanilla bug

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.7.5
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2021, 02:11:02 PM »

--snip--
Or rather not vanilla, but AO. Because the nature of total conversions to alter almost every stuff. Definitely not ESR issue, as it does not tamper with hyperspace physics.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2021, 09:15:56 PM »

Hey, I gotta say this mod is really cool. It lets me use ships in the end game that I wouldn’t usually use because they can’t match the enimmies.

That said, some of the bonuses don’t scale neatly which bugs me because I’m OCD.
And the negative modifiers straight-up break and give negative values when quality is increased too much (I cheated a monitor to have quality 10  :D). Those should probably be like base x 1/(quality x (1+upgrade value)).

Also the logistical and technology seem to be pretty stuffed.
Technology, in particular, improves both shields and flux which are very powerful and probably should be separate.
Logistical just has a lot and I think it’d be nice if it was split into two, one for logistical ships with big cargo, sensor and max burn (mobility also has max burn) bonuses, and another that all ships want, CR per deployment, repair and recovery, less supplies/fuel/crew.

Also, I was wondering if shields upgrades can also improve phase? Having smaller cooldowns would be awesome  8)

And a last request, could there be some display showing what materials are needed for the upgrades. I’ve also had issues running around trying to get everything when I thought I was able to upgrade multiple times.

Cheers, and thank you for the mod  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:04:02 PM by BaBosa »

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2021, 09:28:48 PM »

Here's my invincible monitor with negative flux per damage, actually cause flux to go down when hit 8)
As well it generates supplies and fuel.
(Had to make another post as the screenshot couldn't fit in the previous one)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:00:44 PM by BaBosa »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2021, 11:56:07 AM »

Hey, I gotta say this mod is really cool. It lets me use ships in the end game that I wouldn’t usually use because they can’t match the enimmies.

That said, some of the bonuses don’t scale neatly which bugs me because I’m OCD.
And the negative modifiers straight-up break and give negative values when quality is increased too much (I cheated a monitor to have quality 10  :D). Those should probably be like base x 1/(quality x (1+upgrade value)).

Also the logistical and technology seem to be pretty stuffed.
Technology, in particular, improves both shields and flux which are very powerful and probably should be separate.
Logistical just has a lot and I think it’d be nice if it was split into two, one for logistical ships with big cargo, sensor and max burn (mobility also has max burn) bonuses, and another that all ships want, CR per deployment, repair and recovery, less supplies/fuel/crew.

Also, I was wondering if shields upgrades can also improve phase? Having smaller cooldowns would be awesome  8)

And a last request, could there be some display showing what materials are needed for the upgrades. I’ve also had issues running around trying to get everything when I thought I was able to upgrade multiple times.

Cheers, and thank you for the mod  ;D

thought i put a hardcap in for shield flux/dam but i guess not, i'l put it in for the next update. in any case i can't block people literally chagning the config to have a silly modifier, so don't count on other outliers being balanced.

the technology hullmod improves phase stats on phase ships actually so that's already covered

as for those "split" upgrades, they aren't difficult to add by any means so if Iridicens approves it i'll put them in.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2021, 04:21:24 PM »

Ah, I should have expected you guys would have already done phase.

But thanks for doing that stuff  ;D

Also I just realised I can check skill_resource_ratio.csv to check what everything needs.
Which is like; everything needs supplies, volatiles, organics, metals, rare metals and machinery. Except subsystems doesn’t need volatiles or rare metals; fighters and magazines doesn’t need organics; and weapons, ordinance and fighters need armaments as well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 04:41:52 PM by BaBosa »

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »

as for those "split" upgrades, they aren't difficult to add by any means so if Iridescens approves it i'll put them in.
Well, if you two (BaBosa and Matt) think it is worth the hassle and will actually net a positive game experience, instead of just more tedious upgrading (imagine +2 more dialog option to cover and lvl to max), I'm fine with it. Personally, I see no point in over-engineering.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2021, 05:09:52 PM »

as for those "split" upgrades, they aren't difficult to add by any means so if Iridescens approves it i'll put them in.
Well, if you two (BaBosa and Matt) think it is worth the hassle and will actually net a positive game experience, instead of just more tedious upgrading (imagine +2 more dialog option to cover and lvl to max), I'm fine with it. Personally, I see no point in over-engineering.

then yeah i ain't doing it

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2021, 08:10:27 PM »

In that case it may be worth combing magazines with weapons. If I'm improving magazines I always want to also improve weapons and visa versa generally.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2021, 07:47:26 AM »

In that case it may be worth combing magazines with weapons. If I'm improving magazines I always want to also improve weapons and visa versa generally.

you have a good point.

my rational was magazines is extremely powerful on its own just for the ammo regeneration rate, which makes magazine-based weapons sometimes able to fire literally forever. need to stop rounding that and the shield flux/dam modifiers actually, now that i think about it.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2021, 06:40:45 PM »

I get a crash if I select a module to refit after upgrading the ship.

Spoiler
1847204 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at extrasystemreloaded.hullmods.ExtraSystemHM.advanceInCombat(ExtraSystemHM.java:71)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.O0Oo.setFleetMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.F.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.F.showMember(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.A.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.refit.F.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.class.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.K.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
[close]

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2021, 09:41:31 PM »

Edit: well this is weird. i saved and exit to main menu then loaded my save again and it was back to postivie flux per damage. So i guess it's solved? Though I don't know what triggered it and if it will come back again.

Hello, I'm getting the negative flux per damage too. The only thing i edited in the settings is "useRandomQuality":false and "shipsKeepUpgradesOnDeath":true.

How do i revert this back to a positive value? Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 12:42:30 AM by tantananan »

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2021, 06:58:25 PM »

Really loving the mod!  But I think the latest nerfs in 0.8.3 are probably a bit too much. 

- The Hangar Forge is now only slightly better than Expanded Deck crews and you need to find a hangar forge which isn't exactly common compared to just fitting any ship you want with Expanded Deck Crews.
- The EMP resistance nerf seems pretty good.  Maybe a little bit much?  But over all it seems pretty fine.
- The shield change does feel rather a lot too painful though.  As spending all the resources needed to get a ship up to max quality with full upgrades is pretty insane and having the shield damage ratio only change by 10% after spending many millions on upgrades feels rather punitive.

I think part of the issue with how it feels is the different scalings involved.  Like a small change seems pretty good but once you spend all the resources needed to get a ship to max upgrades and quality the previous unnerfed versions felt like a notably better return on investment considering you can easily end up spending tens of million credits or resources in order to upgrade a ship.  Having a ship get a bit busted and OP for such a massive investment feels pretty good :P  But then there's the issue where you can comparably get a frigate or destroyer up to that same level of OPness for vastly less resources than a capital ship.  So I guess the best way to put it is the insane resource cost of upgrading a heavy capital to max makes it being really op feel justified but when you can spend a vastly lower amount of resources and get a literally immortal frigate it feels far too powerful for the resource cost.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2021, 10:22:23 PM »

Also another more important issue is the ammo feed system you have added uses the same hotkey as the stop movement hotkey which is anoying
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11