Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8  (Read 72790 times)

RepairUnit3k6

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[deleted]
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2020, 10:03:02 AM »

[deleted]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 01:52:54 PM by RepairUnit3k6 »

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.5.0
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »

New update, added NPE protection and emergency esr_clearAllData command to prevent mouseover NPE on fleets with modular ship(s)
AIUpgrades should work now, please keep it ON and test.
Grab it HERE

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.5.1
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2020, 07:12:22 AM »

Still getting NPE error at the start of the game with AI upgrade on. Takes a couple of in game days for NPE. Version 0.5.1 with AI upgrade on. The game works fine if I turn AI upgrade off.

Code
342192 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.A.new.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.addIconFor(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.oOOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.public.float(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2$9.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Sethfcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.5.2
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2021, 07:13:22 AM »

Really wanted to say thank you for all the hard work on this one Irid, it's one of the mods I truly appreciate having in my list.

Darkwhip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2021, 06:03:03 AM »

Just downloaded your mod v0.5.2 and when i get into the game it points me to update it to 0.5.2 you need to update the mod info to 0.5.2
Also, great mod, finally something to sink all my colonies resources into the late game, finally i can build the one Wolf to rule them all
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 07:04:06 AM by Darkwhip »

Sethfcm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2021, 08:58:27 AM »

Not wanting to Necro, but I have to know if we'll see an update for this, it's one of my favorites afterall.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2021, 12:19:17 PM »

Updated for 0.95a
Download here!

This update is compatible with saves that didn't have any version of Extra Systems Reloaded before. I can't guarantee it will work with any hand-ported copies, and even if it did, none of your data will carry over.
A changelog is here
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 05:00:43 AM by presidentmattdamon »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.6.1
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2021, 02:23:51 PM »

Updated to 0.6.2 to fix a crash where player fleet is null when loading a save.
Download here!

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2021, 03:16:17 PM »

There's a bit of jank going on with how the OP discounts from the installable modules are applied- Sometimes the discount will apply, and sometimes it won't. Not quite sure what the reason for this is, but presumably it's not consistently checking if the discount should be applied or not. Switching back and forth from the ship in the fleet interface seems to resolve it.

Additionally, I think the math on the armor bonus might be incorrect- it says "+2.27% armor (31.72)" on a ship with 1400 base armor, but the actual bonus that gets applied is only +2 armor, like it's applying the percentage as a flat bonus, instead of the actual flat value.

Otherwise this is a very solid mod- very fun endgame stuff and specialization.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 04:43:28 PM by theDragn »

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2021, 03:36:20 PM »

Additionally, I think the math on the armor bonus might be incorrect- it says "+2.27% armor (31.72)" on a ship with 1400 base armor, but the actual bonus that gets applied is only +2 armor, like it's applying the percentage as a flat bonus, instead of the actual flat value.

Otherwise this is a very solid mod- very fun endgame stuff and specialization.

simple code issue unfortunately, the percent displayed is actually the hull bonus. in any case i see that the armor value is probably too low so i'll increase its scaling a bit

There's a bit of jank going on with how the OP discounts from the installable modules are applied- Sometimes the discount will apply, and sometimes it won't. Not quite sure what the reason for this is, but presumably it's not consistently checking if the discount should be applied or not. Switching back and forth from the ship in the fleet interface seems to resolve it.

i'll be taking a look today
edit: not really sure how to fix this one. asked alex about it a couple weeks ago and he said it might've been something he fixed recently.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 04:18:06 PM by presidentmattdamon »

Sominar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2021, 07:07:55 PM »

Checking the github, I have to agree on what's said about making upgrades be by credits instead of material, or at least just a toggle between both. Between the menus that you have to go through even just to check material, the inability to see the materials needed to upgrade to a certain level, no markets to my knowledge that sell every material thus having to ferry around, and the materials being the "low but bulky" making hoarding them on exploration prohibitive for the limited cargo space, it turns it into discouraging busywork fast unless you have tons of credits, fill up your cargo with a material, and then go to the market with the most available materials to get everything in bulk and spam upgrade.

Or at least making each upgrade cost one set of material rather than a combination, like durability only metal, weapons only armaments, technology only volatiles, etc. I've gotten surprised enough times about an upgrade suddenly needing an additional material I don't have after buying other materials in bulk past my cargo limit and having to sell them due to the market not having them.

Other than that, it's a pretty great mod I've enjoyed so far other than the armor bug already mentioned, and the upgrades not carrying over in simulations.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2021, 07:10:55 PM »

Checking the github, I have to agree on what's said about making upgrades be by credits instead of material, or at least just a toggle between both. Between the menus that you have to go through even just to check material, the inability to see the materials needed to upgrade to a certain level, no markets to my knowledge that sell every material thus having to ferry around, and the materials being the "low but bulky" making hoarding them on exploration prohibitive for the limited cargo space, it turns it into discouraging busywork fast unless you have tons of credits, fill up your cargo with a material, and then go to the market with the most available materials to get everything in bulk and spam upgrade.

Or at least making each upgrade cost one set of material rather than a combination, like durability only metal, weapons only armaments, technology only volatiles, etc. I've gotten surprised enough times about an upgrade suddenly needing an additional material I don't have after buying other materials in bulk past my cargo limit and having to sell them due to the market not having them.

Other than that, it's a pretty great mod I've enjoyed so far other than the armor bug already mentioned, and the upgrades not carrying over in simulations.

primary issue is determining price of the good. do we take the market's supply of the good into account? if so how do we determine the price of a good if it isn't in demand there?

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2021, 08:37:22 PM »

this is likely circumstantial. but it feels like i'm getting the special items from this more often than any other item from salvaging ruins and orbital bases, are you just adding them to the list of loot rolls, or are you doing what Industrial revolution does and adding an extra loot table and rolling on that in addition to the regular loot tables?

as for doing credit only upgrades you could just assume the base value of items for upgrading, in pretty much all cases you'll be paying more than if you'd gone and bought the items yourself, but that could be abstracted into 'i'm paying someone to buy this stuff for me and they're charging me for getting it'

Sominar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2021, 08:41:47 PM »

primary issue is determining price of the good. do we take the market's supply of the good into account? if so how do we determine the price of a good if it isn't in demand there?

As far as I know the commodities have a base price that is then modified on a per-market basis, like supplies being 100cr before modifiers (if I remember well). Given a lot of the commodities needed for upgrades are also found around for free in wrecks, I don't think a +/-5 credit difference would do a lot of harm.

presidentmattdamon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2021, 08:43:26 PM »

this is likely circumstantial. but it feels like i'm getting the special items from this more often than any other item from salvaging ruins and orbital bases, are you just adding them to the list of loot rolls, or are you doing what Industrial revolution does and adding an extra loot table and rolling on that in addition to the regular loot tables?

as for doing credit only upgrades you could just assume the base value of items for upgrading, in pretty much all cases you'll be paying more than if you'd gone and bought the items yourself, but that could be abstracted into 'i'm paying someone to buy this stuff for me and they're charging me for getting it'

when considering buying things directly with credits i need to consider that eventually credits aren't a problem at all. for the higher upgrades, the credit costs need to be high (even if i don't modify the resource costs, since the resource costs have the "time spent gathering the resources cost"). in any case, i've found the methods i need for determining the demand price and i think i have a suitable algorithm down for the upgrade costs themselves

as for your salvage question, these loot are added after the loot from whatever you looted has already been generated. purely supplementary with no replacing. it's meant to be more common than the other things you'll typically find, but without replacing those things at all.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 08:45:45 PM by presidentmattdamon »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11